Thursday 12 September 2024

LPMM 37




 Chapter 37 Sleeplessness


"Prime Minister, if you are worried, you can take him back and treat him yourself." Chai Qi walked out from one side, "Vice Minister has been here for a whole night without sleep. If you aren’t in a rush, I will let the next person come first."

The guard had no choice but to bow and leave.

Chai Jing followed Chai Qi and waved to the maid to bring the food box.

"Take a rest before continuing. I'm afraid you will faint from exhaustion."

"Princess, don't worry. I'm fine!" Luo Jin opened the food box and took a bun, "Go back and rest. You are weak now."

"Then remember to eat more."

"Okay."

Luo Jin ate two buns, drank a few mouthfuls of congee, and continued to save people.

The scars on the Prime Minister's son were hard to find. After searching for a long time, she finally found that he was bitten on the buttocks.

Luo Jin cut a hole in his buttocks, pressed her hand on his waist, and activated the Red Emperor Gu.

The Prime Minister’s son woke up in a daze. Laying on the bed, he felt that his buttocks were bare and there was a tingling sensation on his buttocks.

Looking back and seeing a woman sitting by the bed, he immediately had a thousand bad thoughts running through his mind.

He instantly screamed, "Ahhh! You... who are you, how dare you..."

Flushed face, he jumped up at once.

Luo Jin had only untied his belt and pulled his pants down a little. But when he stood up, his pants fell off. The scene instantly became indescribable.

Luo Jin said angrily: "You exhibitionist! You are sick!"

The Prime Minister’s son hurriedly pulled up his pants. Furious from the embarrassment, he swung his fist at Luo Jin, "Dare to play with me, I will kill you!"

Luo Jin's eyes suddenly changed. She waved her palm and knocked out the Prime Minister’s son to the ground.

She sighed and shook her head, "Doctor is a dangerous profession. It wasn’t easy for old dad to live so many years."

She shouted to the outside, "Carry your gentleman out!"

The guards waiting outside pushed the door open and helped the prime minister's son up.

One person puzzledly remarked: "I saw that other people walked out by themselves, why does our gentleman need to be carried out?"

...

Two days later, Luo Jin entered the Golden Palace. The emperor praised her for helping the Crown Prince enter the Xiyuan to retrieve the 'Gu Experience'.

"Promote Luo Jin to the third rank Minister of Court of Imperial Sacrifice!"

Luo Jin bowed to thank him, wondering if this promotion would come with some bonus money. But after waiting for a long time, there was no news.

She was somewhat disappointed. 

Chai Qi stepped forward, "Minister Luo is currently living with the Princess in the maid's room of Lihua Palace. I have checked and found that Minister Luo was born in poverty. She was sold into the palace by her parents at the age of seven. She is helpless with no one to rely on and no home to return to. If she leaves Lihua Palace, I am afraid she will not even have a place to stay."

The emperor sighed, "Minister Luo's life experience is so pitiful. I will reward you with a villa courtyard and a thousand taels of gold to settle down home for saving the Princess this time!"

Luo Jin obviously perked up, "Thank you, Your Majesty."

[Crown Prince is such a good person. He got me a house and gold as soon as he opened his mouth. ]

[Actually Princess gave me a house, but I can't say this...]

[I don't care whether I get promoted or not. I am happy if I have money. ]

[Speaking of which, I, the Vice Minister of the Court of Imperial Sacrifice, was promoted again before I had the chance to take office. What’s more, I’m my own superior. In other words, before I had the chance to meet the superior, I took his position. ]

[I wonder if the former Minister of the Court of Imperial Sacrifice was promoted. ]

Chai Qi looked back at Luo Jin. A smile gradually appeared on his lips.

The emperor said again: "There is a flood in Yancheng. I need someone to go and take charge of the disaster relief. Which minister is willing to go?"

The ministers looked at each other. No one spoke.

There was no money to be made from disaster relief. The emperor strictly controlled corruption. Last time, the Crown Prince beheaded hundreds of corrupt officials at once. This had shocked the entire Dongyuan and no one dared to be greedy. Although money will be allocated for disaster relief this time, no one dared to put a penny of this money into their own pockets. The situation in the disaster area was complicated. Disaster relief was purely a hard and thankless job.

Chai Qi stepped forward, "Son is willing to go!"

"Then I will send you to Yancheng tomorrow to provide disaster relief!"

"Son obeys the order!"

[I remember the male lead said that Dongyuan Kingdom can be without anyone, but it must not be without the Crown Prince. ]

[Sure enough, it depends on the Crown Prince at the critical moment. ]

[Speaking of which, the emperor's family in Dongyuan is normal for once. The other families are...]

...

He Xiao also came to the court today. As Xiyuan Kingdom took the initiative to negotiate peace, and he was no longer needed to defend the border of Xiyuan, the emperor summoned him back.

"Xiyuan Kingdom sent gifts and took the initiative to ask for peace. I think this is wonderful. Chai Heng, you have negotiated with them before, so I will send you to Xiyuan this time."

Chai Heng couldn't help but glance at Luo Jin before responding, "Son obeys your order!"

After leaving the Golden Palace, Chai Heng caught up with Luo Jin, "Thank you for saving the Princess."

Luo Jin smiled, "It’s all Crown Prince’s credit. This minister only basks in his light."

"Minister Luo, you don't have to be too modest," Chai Heng bowed his head for a while and changed the subject, "Speaking of which, the former Court of Imperial Sacrifice Minister has now been demoted to Court of Imperial Sacrifice Vice Minister and is your subordinate. In the past, he told people everywhere that you were made Vice Minister for a casual merit. He couldn’t accept it. Unforeseen, you became his immediate superior before you have the chance to meet."

"What does he mean by a casual merit?" Luo Jin frowned in dissatisfaction, "I got titled Vice Minister for helping Princess solve the case of Imperial Music House that time. That was a big case! Princess almost lost her life to solve the case. It was dangerous. How could he say that it was a casual achievement? "

Chai Heng spoke as if he was seeking credit: "Yes, I was angry at that time and called him over for a good reprimanding."

Luo Jin raised her thumb, "Second Prince is loyal! But why did he become Vice Minister? My promotion shouldn’t cause him to be demoted, right?"

"He made a mistake. Took the wrong clothes for the New Year's ancestor worship a few days ago."

"Ah? Can you make a mistake in such a thing?"

"That's right. Can't even properly do an easy job."

"It's like lying down and not knowing what's going on."

...

As the two chatted, He Xiao passed by them. He had pulled someone over, who hid behind him and didn't dare to show his head. He Xiao took out a dagger from his bosom, handed it to Luo Jin, "I got it by chance and am giving it to you for self-defense."

Luo Jin was a little surprised and accepted the dagger, "Can't accept it without merit. How could I really..."

While saying this, her hand honestly took it.

"I can't use it, but I thought Minister Luo might be able to use it." He Xiao said, looking at Chai Heng.

Last time he was able to save his father, he was grateful to Chai Heng for catching Jiang Ge. He went to thank him, but Chai Heng said that he should be thanking Luo Jin. Although he didn't explain the reason, He Xiao knew that since he said so, there must be a reason. He didn't have any gifts to give, but he accidentally got a dagger that could cut iron like mud and thought of giving it to Luo Jin.

[Why did General He give me a gift? It's so strange...but this dagger is beautiful. ]

[What a good person! I like him! ]

He Xiao’s ears turned red. He coughed and grabbed the person behind him, “That… This is Liu Zishu, the son of the Prime Minister’s family. Excuse the earlier offense. He’s here to apologize to Minister Luo.”

Liu Zishu blushed and bowed, “Minister Luo, I’m sorry about that day.”

Luo Jin froze, "Who is it?”

Liu Zishu’s face turned redder, “I’m the one… on the bed that day…”

Luo Jin remembered, “Oh, I didn’t recognize you when you put on your clothes.”

He Xiao: “???”

Chai Heng: “???”

He Xiao found it quite awkward. How was he to know that he had casually agreed to bring Liu Zishu to apologize for this matter?

Chai Heng couldn’t help but blush slightly.  

Liu Zishu said: "Sorry, I was still befuddled that day and felt... my butt hurt, so..."

Luo Jin understood, "I see. It's not your fault, I forgive you."

[What, he thought I was drooling for his body? ]

[How was that possible? if I want to drool, I'll be drooling for someone like He Xiao...]

[I want to see what a perfect body looks like. How about peek at him taking a bath? Forget it, it's immoral. ]

The male lead He Xiao's body was described many times in the novel, such as fair skin, wide waist and narrow shoulders, eight strong abdominal muscles, etc., Plus he looked tall and mighty and was handsome. Simply perfection.

He Xiao: "..."

He felt that his ears were about to be cooked and hurriedly bowed, "I have something to do, so I'll go first."

"Okay, General He, take care, I'll give you a gift in return someday."

[General He's ears are so red. Is it because it's cold? ]

[Give him an ear warmer someday! ]

General He finally couldn't help but use his Qinggong and quickly slipped away.

Chai Heng scratched his head and decided to end this extremely awkward conversation, "En... I'm going to prepare the gifts for the mission. You two can chat slowly."

After saying that, he slipped away.

Liu Zishu took something out of his arms, "This is... a thank-you gift. Thank you, Minister Luo for saving me that day."

"How can I really?"

"It's a small gift. Minister Luo must accept it, otherwise I will feel uneasy."

"En... OK, thank you, Gentleman Liu."

Liu Zishu blushed, "I'll take my leave."

He took two steps and suddenly heard Luo Jin's internal voice coming from not far away. [Ten thousand taels of silver! Oh my god! Liu Zishu is so generous! ]

[Liu Zishu is a good person! A super good person! ]

[I thought he was a pervert before, but I was wrong. ]

Luo Jin returned to Lihua Palace. She originally wanted to pack up and move to the new house, but Chai Jing refused and insisted that she stay with her for a few more days. 

"Don't you have a few days before you take office? I'll have someone pack your stuff for you, okay?" Chai Jing latched onto Luo Jin, "Don't leave, stay with me for a few more days, okay? Okay?"

Luo Jin chuckled, "Okay! If you like, I'll stay with you every day!"

Chai Jing smiled, "I'm a female King now. But Royal Father only let me go to the fiefdom in two years time. I can't bear to leave Royal Father and Elder Brother."

Luo Jin said sourly, "Then you can bear to leave me?"

"I'll definitely take you with me when I go to the fiefdom!" Chai Jing stuck to  Luo Jin, "Anyway, you don't like being a high official. When you get to my fiefdom, I'll give you a sinecure and let you live in retirement! You can pick any of the male beauties in my fiefdom!"

"Princess is so nice!"

"Of course!"

At night, Luo Jin was dozing off when she suddenly heard a scream from the Princess's room.

She got up at once, put on her clothes, and ran to the Princess's bedroom to hear that the Princess had a nightmare.

"Are you okay?" Luo Jin held Chai Jing's shoulders, "What did you dream about that scared you so much?"

Chai Jing said aggrievedly: "I've been dreaming about bugs biting me these days. I'm so scared..."

She hugged Luo Jin, "Will you accompany me to sleep, please?"


1 comment:

  1. What is the name is this novel? I want to read the first chapter but don’t know the whole name of the novel?

    ReplyDelete