Monday 30 September 2024

Give me the blazing sun 6




Chapter 6

"Can you place your bets with confidence now?" I said.

"I have dealt with the neighbors in your community, Shen Ye's colleagues, and the owner of the private restaurant. Shen Ye's amnesia is related to the internal struggle of the Shen Family. The Shen Family will not let these dirty things be exposed to the public. This matter is over."

Qin Ruyue said, "But I am worried about another thing. Since you made such a big stir this time. The Lu Family won't fail to notice. Aren't you afraid of Lu Yanci?"

"If you are worried about this, you can take a look at the latest statement on the Lu Family's official website first." I smiled.

"The Lu Family actually directly recognized your identity as the second miss and got you to take charge of Lu's new project? The new project of the Lu Family is the chip cooperation project that Shen's family has been striving for..."

She froze before abruptly looking at me, "You used me? Messing up Shen Ye's project press conference’s real purpose was to help Lu Group get this chip project!"

"How can you say that?" I laughed, "Shen Ye wanted to take advantage of the press conference of the marriage cooperation between Shen and Qin to win the chip cooperation project. While I want to return to the Lu Family and need proof of allegiance. You also know that Lu Yanci and I aren’t born from the same mother after all."

"Now that Lu Group has got the project, your own brand is very popular, and you took advantage of the clarification to get the operating rights of the Qin Family hotel line from your elder cousin brother. Now I have returned to the Lu Family, you have the support of me and the Lu Family. You don't have to worry about your elder cousin brother and Shen Ye joining forces. This matter can be said to be a win-win situation."

My expression was relaxed.

"No wonder even the Shen Family couldn't control the fermentation of public opinion at the beginning. It turns out that you have already established contact with the Lu Family. Yes, without the support of the Lu Family, how could public opinion be so big without leaking any other information?" Qin Ruyue sighed for a long time before grinning, "It seems that I have chosen the right side."

"Thank you." I said seriously, "This matter would be much more difficult without your help."

Qin Ruyue looked at me.

"Forget it. If it weren't for you, who knows what kind of life my mother and I are living in the Qin Family now. Besides, you are right. Mrs. Shen isn’t as pleasant as President Qin.

"By the way, it's not convenient for you to live in your original community. I have asked someone to send your younger sister to my hotel. With your current situation, you should go back to the Lu Family first, right?" Qin Ruyue asked.

"Yes. So I need to trouble you to look after my younger sister for a few more days. I will ask someone to pick her up in two days." I said.

"Okay, happy cooperation."

"Happy cooperation."

The vehicle passed through Lu Garden and stopped at the gate of the Lu Family's old house.

"Second Miss, Madam and Young Master are in the greenhouse." The housekeeper told me.

"Okay." I gave a slight nod.

When I arrived at the greenhouse, Lu Yanci was sitting at a small round table reading the financial report, while Mother Lu was pruning the branches.

I took a deep breath and stepped forward: "Auntie Lin, Elder Brother."

"You’re back." Auntie Lin put down the scissors, turned around, and looked at me with a smile before glancing at Lu Yanci beside her, "I asked someone to airlift the lobster. The previous chef has changed. I don't know if it will suit your taste now. I'll go and take a look."

"Thank you, Auntie Lin." I said.

Auntie Lin winked at me: "It's okay. Your elder brother is not angry with you."

"Okay." I nodded slightly.

After Auntie Lin left, I lowered my head and walked to Lu Yanci: "Elder Brother."

Lu Yanci lifted his eyelids and looked at me: "Where is the plan?"

I quickly took out my mobile phone and sent the plan that I had rushed to produce in the mountains these days to his email.

Lu Yanci clicked it and lowered his gaze. His long black eyelashes blocked his eyes. The atmosphere was so quiet that one could hear a pin drop.

After a long while, he spoke: "I won't step forward for the new project. If you can't do it well, I will replace you."

"I understand." I immediately expressed my stance.

The atmosphere returned to its previous quiet state. I lowered my eyes and stared at the edge of the glass table. I didn't dare to speak or leave.

"Why didn't you come back when Dad died?"

After an unknown amount of time, Lu Yanci's clear voice suddenly sounded. I raised my head and met his eyes hidden behind his gold-rimmed glasses.

"Actually, I did come back to see Dad on the day of his funeral." I replied.

He stared into my eyes quietly. His dark eyes surging with an indescribable emotion. After a while, he opened his lips, took a breath, and stood up, "Let's go to the dining hall."

I nodded and followed him.

Just like when I first arrived at the Lu Family.

At that time, the news of my mother being robbed was seen by Father Lu.

My mom was transferred to a hospital under the Lu Family and I was taken back to the Lu Family by Father Lu.

At that time, I thought I was Father Lu's illegitimate daughter, just like everyone else.

This made me dare not ask anyone in the Lu Family. If I wanted to know about my mother's situation, I could only stare blankly in the direction of the gate of Lu Garden.

In the end, I noticed Lu Yanci was paying attention to my eyes. As long as Lu Yanci was at the Lu Villa, I followed him, not far or close. I didn’t make a sound, just following him.

Until he took the initiative to ask the driver to take me to the hospital.

My biological mother was the first student in their small county middle school to be admitted to B University.

When Father Lu was young, he fell in love with my mother at first sight at the alumni meeting of B University.

But that was not the beginning of a romance.

My mother was born in a family that favored boys over girls.

She was able to go to college entirely with the help of her high school class teacher. Only like this, she wasn’t ‘married off’ by her parents in exchange for a dowry after graduating from junior high school.

But not long after she finished the college entrance examination, her teacher died of pancreatic cancer.

After she was admitted to college, her whole heart was on doing scientific research and studying anti-cancer drugs. She didn’t want to fall in love at all.

She even looked down on Father Lu's dandiness.

But so what?

As long as they had money, my mother's parents would force her to drop out of school and send her to Father Lu's bed.

My mother had accepted her fate. But when she was pregnant with her first child, Father Lu had an arranged marriage with the Lin Family.


No comments:

Post a Comment