Saturday 10 June 2023

7DLW 9




Chapter 9 It's Husband and Wife


"Come, come, come. Male Comrade is sitting too straight. lean towards Female Comrade’s side. That's right. It's more like a couple. Female Comrade’s smile is truly nice. Male Comrade, smile a little bit. Don't be too stiff. Just smile naturally. That's right. That's it. Good!"

Kacha. Half-length photos of Song Wei Ping and Xu Xiao Jiao were fixed in a small one-inch photo. Stamped with a steel seal, it became two bright red marriage certificates.

"Two comrades, here’s your marriage certificate. I wish you the best of luck as a revolutionary couple."

Xu Xiao Jiao accepted the marriage certificates and looked down at each of them with Song Wei Ping. Although they knew it was fake, they were getting a marriage certificate for the first time in their lives.

She winked at Song Wei Ping, "Comrade Song Wei Ping, from now on, we will be husband and wife."

Song Wei Ping looked at her smile in the photo and answered her in a low voice, "En."

He looked up at Xu Xiao Jiao, "Thank you."

Thanking her for her willingness to marry him, so that Grandmother can be rest assured. No matter what her aim was, he felt that he should be grateful. He will abide by the agreement between the two of them in the future.

Xu Xiao Jiao understood what he said, "Everyone gets what they need, it's a win-win cooperation. Let's go back?"

With the red book in hand, she didn't have to worry about the rest of her life. Her mind relaxed a little. Her speech also became carefree, saying whatever came to mind, "My Mom said that I’m getting married a few days after I came home and is very reluctant. I was thinking a few days after we set up a few tables, I will move to your place. Then I’ll stay with her for a while."

"Ok."

"But let's make an agreement in advance. I will take good care of Grandmother, but I will also take care of my Mom and my Younger Brother. You won't be the kind of person who disdains a wife for taking care of her maternal family, right?"

Song Wei Ping shook his head, "I won’t. The two families will have dinner together in the future."

Xu Xiao Jiao thought this was good. Still, she had a problem, "Also, I don't know how to cook. You can cook when you are at home. If you aren’t at home, I will let my Mom cook. Don't let me learn. I won't move my hands unless necessary."

Song Wei Ping looked at her delicate and upright reaction. For some reason, he wanted to touch her dangling head. Resisting the itching of his hands, he only replied, "I’ll cook."

"I can instruct you." Xu Xiao Jiao expressed that she had a huge use, "As long as you follow my instructions, I promise you the food cooked will be delicious."

This was simply the finishing touch.

From the county to the town to getting off the bus and walking back to the village, the two of them chatted one after another. It felt that they arrived home not long after.

Xu Xiao Jiao's house was empty. Wu Chun Hua went to work. Xu Xiao Gang pestered to follow in the morning. His food was good these days. Staying home was boring. It wasn't time for spring planting and the field work wasn't laborious. Xu Xiao Jiao budged and he went to find Wu Chun Hua.

"Come in and have a drink. Notify Grandmother when you get home. Then come back and help me cook. This way my Mom won't have to cook when she comes back at noon. You take some back to eat with Grandmother."

Song Wei Ping drank water and told her about his matter, "In a few days, I'm going to go out with the town's transportation team. I need to trouble you to take care of Grandmother for a few days."

"Are you going to live outside for a few days?" Xu Xiao Jiao was surprised. In her memory, Song Wei Ping did the transportation by himself only after he was able to do business.

Song Wei Ping hummed, "I’ll follow the transport team’s Third Elder Brother Li. He said it's a bit far away and we might have to stay outside for a few days."

Could it be that the good days were coming early? Xu Xiao Jiao strongly agreed, "Don't worry. Leave Grandmother to me!"

"Then wait for me to come back before we set up a banquet."

Toward these matters, Xu Xiao Jiao didn't mind, "Listen to you."

While cooking, Xu Xiao Jiao thought of another question, "I have to go to work tomorrow. Song Wei Ping, I work very slowly. Will you help me?"

They were a couple now, they should help each other.

Song Wei Ping used actions to prove that he would help Xu Xiao Jiao.

The production team had been plowing since the beginning of spring. It was basically done now. What was left were marginal lands. Usually, one person was distributed a few ridges. Once they finish, they can get off work. Of course, the work points calculated accordingly weren’t much.

Xu Xiao Jiao was allocated three ridges of land. Xu Xiao Gang didn't come today. Song Wei Ping and Wu Chun Hua both told her to work slowly and they’ll come to help later. So she casually messed around.

In less than an hour, she went to rest under the big tree. At this time, the weather was cool and the leaves had just sprouted. It was very comfortable to lean against the tree.

"Yo, Elder Sister Xiao Jiao, you're going to be a farmer for the rest of your life in the future. Just this and you can't bear it?"

Xu Xiao Jiao had just taken a sip of water when she heard Xu Yan Yan's gloating voice behind her.

"Why are you everywhere? Can’t you stay away from me?" Xu Xiao Jiao didn't have any good feelings for the culprit who caused her to lose her modern salted fish life.

Zhao Yan Yan looked at Xu Xiao Jiao. Since Wang Gui Yue went back yesterday, she began to praise how beautiful Xiao Jiao's red dress was, how Han Guang Hui's eyes were fixated, how she was the most beautiful girl she have ever seen, how she was the educated youth flower before and still was, and how she was the most beautiful girl in the village. She even remarked that some people thought they were a pheasant that turned into a phoenix and truly became a fairy, pah.

When talking to Elder Brother Guang Hui yesterday, his mind wandered a few times. Zhao Yan Yan couldn't help but think of Wang Gui Yue's words. She happened to encountered Xu Xiao Jiao today. So she naturally wanted to come and have a look.

She was still dressed in dusty clothes. What was the difference from before? Zhao Yan Yan snorted coldly in her heart. On the surface, she looked teary, "Elder Sister Xiao Jiao, I just care about you. Why are you talking like that?"

Xu Xiao Jiao didn't understand why there were always people wanting to act so much. Could it be that Zhao Yan Yan became the heroine of this book because she was possessed by a playwright?

"How am I speaking?" Xu Xiao Jiao wasn't in the mood to argue with her, "I’m afraid that you wouldn't understand people's words. Seeing you and your f*cking disgust-wrapped nausea tears, I’m disgusted to death. Understand? You look human, but why don’t you do human things every day.”

Seeing Zhao Yan Yan run away crying, Xu Xiao Jiao let out a 'tsk'. With this bit of combat power, she still looked for abuse.

She hadn't rested for two minutes when another fly came around, "Xiao Jiao, Yan Yan has no bad intentions. She speaks before she thinks. How can you scold her?"

Xu Xiao Jiao rolled her eyes. Ha, man!

She looked into the distance. Song Wei Ping was looking over. She made a gesture and Song Wei Ping put down the pickaxe and strode over.

Han Guang Hui only felt that Xu Xiao Jiao's glaring expression was very fresh. Her clothes were clearly the same as the ones he saw before. Don't know if it was because her eyes were too bright, or the headband was too shiny, Han Guang Hui kept having the feeling that she was different. Yesterday’s back view of the red dress kept him dreaming all day long. Now looking at Xu Xiao Jiao he only regretted that he didn't find her so beautiful before.

Everyone said that she was a flower of the educated youths. She was indeed like a flower.

"Xiao Jiao, are you angry with me? I know you are angry. I was muddled that day. I know you went to Song Wei Ping's house for a matter and you didn't spend the night at his house. I don't mind that you are dirty. You aren’t dirty either. You can be with me again."

Xu Xiao Jiao watched Song Wei Ping approach and pointed at Han Guang Hui. F*ck, "Song Wei Ping, beat him up!"

Previous



Links:

Table of Content
Become a Patron!
Feed Maggie

1 comment:

  1. From “don’t bully my girlfriend” to “I’ll let you be my girlfriend again” in minutes. That’s uhmmm I’m impressed, wish I had that kind of insane self confidence.

    ReplyDelete