Sunday 25 December 2022

AKIT7 156




Chapter 156


Hearing this, Da Qiao’s heart rapidly jumped: "Elder Brother Huo Chi, what do you mean by saying that?"

It can’t be that Elder Brother Huo Chi want to have a baby with her today, right?

Although the little baby was very cute, she wasn’t ready yet.

Huo Chi took out a savings book from his pocket and handed it over, "This was the money my grandfather and mom gave me. It's all here. I said last time that all my things belong to you, so I’m giving you the savings book today. When I make money in the future, I will give it all to you!"

Da Qiao stared at the savings book in his hand with wide eyes. After a pause, she responded: "...When you said you’re giving yourself, you mean this?"

Huo Chi raised his eyebrows: "Yes. What did you think I mean?"

Da Qiao immediately blushed. Raising her hand, she squeezed her hot earlobe, "No, nothing. But Elder Brother Huo Chi, I can't accept this!"

Seeing the way her cheeks were stained with pink, a strange urge sprouted in Huo Chi: "Nian Nian, take it. You will be in charge of all my wealth from now on. If I need money, I'll ask you for it later!"

Da Qiao's thick eyelashes gently fluttered: "But Elder Brother Huo Chi, in my house, my grandmother keeps the savings book for my grandfather and my mom for my dad. Now you ask me to keep the savings book for you, does that mean you want……"

Huo Chi nodded without hesitation: "Yes, Nian Nian, I want to marry you. I have always want to. If I propose to you next year, will you agree?"

In his heart, Da Qiao was the person he wanted to hold hands with for the rest of his life. But now was not the best time to propose. He appeared rich, but actually had nothing.

What he owned now was given to him by his family. He didn't want to use these to propose to Da Qiao. He had already discussed with his classmates to start a business. Once he makes money, he will come to Da Qiao to propose.

Da Qiao's heart was beating like thunder. She bit her pink lips and nodded lightly: "I am willing, Elder Brother Huo Chi!"

The two of them have known each other since childhood. She had always been accompanied by him in her childhood and adolescence. He cared and lovingly protected herself. No matter what she want to do, he would be with her.

Even when at his poorest and most fallen state, he would try his best to find all kinds of delicious things for her and made her twelve zodiac signs out of straw. How could she not like such a person?

Huo Chi was ecstatic when he heard her response: "Nian Nian, so you promise me?"

Da Qiao blushed and nodded: "En, I promise you, Elder Brother Huo Chi."

Huo Chi's ears turned red with excitement. He stepped forward to hug her waist and pulled her into his arms. Looking at her with lowered eyes, he spoke, "Nian Nian, I...I want to stamp you, can I?"

Da Qiao's heart was pounding as if it was about to jump out of her throat. Subconsciously, she grabbed the clothes on his chest and softly uttered, "...you can."

As soon as the words came out, Huo Chi's lips pressed against hers.

Compared with before, his movements were much more skillful. It was no longer the same as the first time, just lips touching.

Da Qiao felt numb all over, as if all the strength in her body had sapped away. She could only closely lean on him.

The evening breeze blew. The fragrance of flowers hit the nose. Fireflies were flying around. Under the starlight dotted over the sky, two hearts were tightly stuck to each other.

When Huo Chi sent her back, Da Qiao's eyes were watery, her cheeks were flushed, and her lips... were swollen!

Seeing his daughter’s appearance, how could Qiao Zhen Jun not understand?

His heart ached and burned. This hateful pig! He easily swallowed the little cabbage he raised! !

How vexing!

Qiao Zhen Jun put on a stepfather front. He found Huo Chi unpleasing to the eye; wishing he could pick up a broom and beat him out!

Once Da Qiao returned home, she rushed back to the room holding the white roses she picked from the garden without waiting for her family to inquire and left Huo Chi alone to face her dad's ‘cold eyebrows’!

Seeing her husband like that, Lin Hui found it amusing. She hurried out to smooth things over and let Huo Chi could leave Qiao's house ‘safe and sound’.

After Huo Chi left, Qiao Zhen Jun was still fuming: "Why did you speak up for that brat just now? He... oh, Da Qiao is still so young. He is... unreasonable!"

Lin Hui shook her head in amusement: "Look at you, the room is full of your vinegar smell! Daughter has grown up. Anyway, Huo Chi is a good lad. You can't keep Da Qiao at home forever, can you?"

Qiao Zhen Jun still kept his stance: "I didn't say that the two of them shouldn’t be together. But Da Qiao is only eighteen years old now. It won't be too late to wait another seven or eight years!"

Lin Hui couldn't help resist laughing anymore: "When you went to my house back then, my dad find you displeasing in every aspect. I didn't expect it to be your turn now! Da Qiao and Huo Chi are both children who know the boundary. Don't worry too much!"

Qiao Zhen Jun thought of himself back then. With an embarrassed face, he finally shut up.

Huo Chi was driving. Thinking of the kiss in the garden, the corners of his mouth curved all the way back.

With Da Qiao's guarantee, he was now full of energy!

He must let Da Qiao live the best life!

——

Osmanthus fragrantly floated. In an instant, it was September.

Huo Chi applied to skip a grade as soon as school started. Originally, he was supposed to be in his third year this semester. After the application was successful, he skipped a grade to a final year with two other male classmates.

Cai Ru Nan didn't see Da Qiao for a whole summer vacation. When she saw her, she immediately rushed forward: "Da Qiao, I miss you so much! If I had known that I would be urged to marry when I went home, I wouldn't go back. It’s annoying to death!"

Da Qiao listened to her babbling. Only then did she know that Cai R Nan had been arranged more than a dozen blind dates when she returned this summer vacation.

Cai Ru Nan helplessly and irritatedly remarked: "My mom and my dad said they’re afraid I’ll be too old after finishing my studies and it would be difficult to find a man by then. That’s why I should find a man now to get engaged first. I have no objection to getting engaged, but at least find me something to can be seen. All they found were a bunch of crooked melons and distorted dates!"

When Da Qiao heard the last comment, she chuckled: "Is it really that bad?"

Cai Ru Nan nodded her head: "It is. Some aren’t as tall as me. Some are 20 years old and look older than my dad. Their faces showed they experienced all that life has to offer. If I'm with him, people will think I'm his daughter! In short, everyone has their own ugliness! I really envy you. You have such a handsome and smart childhood sweetheart! By the way, when will you get engaged?"

The other people in the dorm had just returned to the dormitory. They were sorting their things at the moment. When they heard Cai Ru Nan's words, their movements stopped for a moment.

Da Qiao didn't hide anything: "Next year, Elder Brother Huo Chi said he wanted to propose to me after he made money."

Hearing Da Qiao's words, Wang Xian Xian's heart felt like it was firecely pinched. It ached slightly.

However, she quickly returned to normal and continued to take things out of the suitcase and put them in her place.

Cai Ru Nan heavily sighed: "His family is so rich and he still want to make mone.y. Then you don't have to do anything in the future. Just be a rich wife?"

Da Qiao shook her head: "Of course not, I will definitely go out to work in the future."

She never thought about being a strong woman, but she also never thought about being a dodder flower that clings to others.

As her grandmother said, ‘relying on the mountain, the mounatin collapse; relying on people, people run’. Only relying on oneself was the most reliable way!

Song Yu Lian curled her lips when she heard this, but she didn't comment.

After Da Qiao finished speaking, she took out a bottle of dried roses from the suitcase and a bottle of goji berries and gave them to Cai Ru Nan.

Cai Ru Nan was so deligthed that she almost flew up: "Da Qiao, I love you so much. These things are very useful. After drinking it, my skin has improved a lot, no?"

Da Qiao took a serious look at her face and nodded: "Yes, the acne marks on your face are gone!"

Holding the two bottles, Cai Ru Nan fiercely nodded: "That's right, it's gone! When I went back, my mom said she almost didn't recognize me!"

Chen Xiao lan looked sideways at the things in Cai Ru Nan's hands with envy on her face.

After discovering that Wang Xian Xian was a fake heiress, she had once thought of currying favor with Da Qiao. However, Da Qiao was always indifferent to her. She couldn't get close to her at all. In the end, she had to give up.

Cai Ru Nan locked the roses and goji berries in her cabinet. Then gave Da Qiao the souvenirs brought back from her hometown: "My momm told me to bring these to you. Don't refuse. She also said that if there is a chance, she must meet you!"

Cai Ru Nan's mom was like her; a face-con dog. She had no resistance to good-looking people.

Cai Ru Nan had been bragging about Da Qiao's fairy looks since returning home from the first semester. She boasted that there was no comparison in heaven and earth and successfully made her mom's heart itch.

When Da Qiao heard this, she smilingly accepted: "Pass my thanks to your mom for me later!"

Cai Ru Nan expressed that there was no problem. But she had a request, her mom wants the two of them to take a photo together and send it home for her to see.

Da Qiao merrily agreed.

——

After finishing up the the tidying, Da Qiao and Cai Ru Nan went to the dining hall to eat together.

At night, everyone else in the dorm had arrived. Only Xu Chun Juan's bed was still empty.

At first everyone thought that she was just delayed by something and would rush back to school in two days. But after a week, she still didn't come back.

The department head of the foreign language explainedd that her son was sick and had to take leave for half a year.

Everyone fell silent after hearing this.

Xu Chun Juan was the most special person in this dorm. She left early and returned late every day. She either went to class or went out to work. Every day, they found exhausted. There were always thick dark circles under her eyes.

Because she wasn’t often in the dorm, the people in the dorm has a so-so relationship with her.

In addition, everyone was from different majors and didn't even attend to class together. It can be said Xu Chun Juan was a stranger to them.

Da Qiao recalled of Xu Chun Juan's washed-white clothes and pale face all year round and guessed that her family conditions was very poor.

On the second day, she told Cai Ru Nan that she wanted to ask the department head of Japanese for Xu Chun Juan's contact address and then send her some money.

After hearing this, Cai Ru Nan expressed that she would join her.

After getting the contact address, the two of them went to the post office together. Da Qiao remitted two hundred yuan to Xu Chun Juan. Cai Ru Nan wasn’t rich. She could only take out thirty yuan.

The amount of money wasn’t a problem. The thought was important.

After leaving the post office, the two went to the photo studio to take pictures.

As soon as they entered the photo studio, Cai Ru Nan regretted it a little: "I think it's better for us to take pictures separately. No, it's better for you to take pictures alone. I look so shabby. If I stand with you, it's looking to shame myself, no?"

Da Qiao pursed her lips and said, "Don't say that. I think you’re pretty!"

Cai Ru Nan wasn’t ugly. Her facial features were just a bit heroic. She lacks the femininity of women. In addition, she had short hair as well as the personality as a boy. So everyone treated her as a tomboy.

Cai Ru Nan pursed his lips and responded, "Come on, don't comfort me. Though I have nothing else, I never lack self-awareness!"

In the end, the two still took a group photo. The owner of the photo studio told them to come back to pick it up in a few days.

The owner of the photo studio found Da Qiao so pretty, he wanted her to be in a promotional poster. He offered to take pictures of her for free and then put her photos in the photo studio.

Da Qiao declined.

Although the owner of the photo studio felt it was a pity, he didn’t force it.

Coming out of the photo studio, Cai Ru Nan saw a ruffian-like man walking towards them from a distance.

Her face instantly changed. She latched onto Da Qiao and ran away.

Tang Han Hai quickly chased after them: "Cai Cai, why do you run away as soon as you see me..."

After running back to school, the two stopped.

Da Qiao's cheeks were flushed from running. She frowned slightly and asked, "Is that man still pestering you?"

Cai Ru Nan’s eyes dodged a little and answered: "...well, not always pestering... just occasionally encounterign him on the street..."

Da Qiao sterned up her face: "This man is too shameless. Let's go to the police station and report it!"

Cai Ru Nan said with a shocked face: "...Isn’t that a bit too much? In fact, he didn't do anything to me. Let's forget it?"

Only then did Da Qiao realize that something was amiss: "Ru Nan, why do you seem to be speaking for that person?"

Cai Ru Nan hurriedly yelled: "No! I just feel that one less problem is better than one more problem. He really didn't hurt me. I don't think it's necessary to go to the police station!"

Da Qiao suspiciously eyed her: "That's it?"

Cai Ru Nan's eyes fluttered with guilt. She looked at the sky and the earth but not at her: "What else could there be? Da Qiao, it can’t be that you think I like that stinky hooligan? Hahahaha, I'm not blind. Don't worry, even if I, Cai Ru Nan, like a pig, I won't like him!"

Seeing this, Da Qiao dropped her suspicion.

It was just that no one expected that the slap in the face would come so quickly.

Half a month later, Cai Ru Nan suddenly came to her with shyness. Twisting her clothes, she declared, "Da Qiao, I fell in love with a pig."

2 comments:

  1. This is the first cp in the novel which I don't like. Geesshh, give her someone better please.

    ReplyDelete