Monday 30 September 2024

Give me the blazing sun 3




Chapter 3


"Damn it, what did Shen Ye mean by that just now? It can’t be that he wants to use force, does he?"

After closing the stall and coming back, Anan belatedly realized it.

I nodded silently.

Shen Ye certainly meant that.

"Damn, are these overbearing presidents sick and don't understand human language? Do they have to express love in this way?" Anan berated.

"Anan, don't glorify the oppression of power as love." I said in a light tone, "It's not that he doesn't understand what people say, but his current power allows him not to understand."

The essence of many things in this world was nothing but power.

Why did many people who commit domestic violence dare not vent their violence outside?

Why did so many criminals choose to attack weak women and children?

Because they knew better than anyone who is a powerless weakling to them.

And now I was that weakling to Shen Ye.

As long as he used the power in his hands a little, he could easily destroy everything I have and force me into a situation where I couldn't retreat.

Qin Ruyue had a strong family background, so even if he didn't like Qin Ruyue, he would still put down his air and negotiate with her and use the exchange of interests to achieve his goal.

And in his eyes, I was just an orphan with no one to rely on. So even when he kept saying that he loved me, he could easily force me.

"Then Zhizhi, what are you going to do in the future? What if Shen Ye, this idiot, really does something and forces you to stop studying..." Anan shuddered and asked, "Should we call the police first?"

I looked at the recording on my phone and shook my head: "Without substantial evidence, it's useless to call the police."

What's more, if someone like Shen Ye wanted to do something, there were many people who could help him handle it cleanly and without leaks.

"Then what should we do?" Anan's face was full of worry.

"Don't worry." I patted her hand soothingly, "I'll take care of it."

"Do you have a solution?" Anan's eyes lit up.

I nodded.

"As expected of Zhizhi!"

Anan hugged me, having with no doubt:

"To be honest, Zhizhi, sometimes I feel that you are like the heiress who has fallen into poverty in TV dramas.

"You have been different from us since you were little. Even working part-time seems like experiencing life..."

Anan talked about the past in a rambling way and got closer to me in the end, "By the way, what are you going to do? Make a plan like in those satisfying revenge novels and give him a little shock of the revenge heroine?"

Looking at her clear big eyes, I smiled and signaled that the dormitory was about to close and it was time to go back.

She looked at the time and quickly packed up and left.

I stood in front of the window and watched her ride the electric scooter out of the community. I picked up my phone, saw the photo of Li Anan and my sister Jiang Yue sent to me by Shen Ye, and called Shen Ye.

"Shen Ye, what do you mean? Are you threatening me with Anan and Xiao Yue?" I asked.

He replied, "Zhizhi, you know I care about you. Qin Ruyue and I are just in a business marriage. You are the only one I love. I don't want to give up our relationship."

"So you use your power to trample on my life and dignity for your so-called love?"

I laughed out loud in anger, "Shen Ye, you chose to return to the Shen Family and business marriage. I don't blame you, nor do I regret saving you and dating you.

"Love loses to interests. It's not a new thing in this world. As an adult, you make your own choices and should bear the consequences. Want both? Don't you think you are too greedy?"

"Zhizhi, I know you can't accept it for a moment." Shen Ye said, "But think about it, what's wrong with going to Hong Kong?

"If you want to study further, I can help you find the best tutor. You don't have to study and work like you do now and live so hard. Except for marriage, I can give you everything. After working hard to study for a master's degree and a doctorate, you may not be able to live such a life in the future."

"Hehe, this is the first time I hear someone make being a canary so fresh and refined." I sneered, "So Shen Ye, you really don't plan to let me go, right?"

"Zhizhi, I’m doing this for our future..."

I didn't listen to him finish and hung up the phone at once.

There were indeed not so many satisfying stories with big heroines in this world.

But reality wasn’t a one-on-one chess game.

Since a third party was involved, it was unknown who was stronger and weaker.

I took a deep breath and dialed a number.

"I knew you would call." Qin Ruyue's voice sounded on the other end of the phone.

"I've always wondered who Jiang Zhi is. At the age of 17, you are able to quickly earn 300,000 yuan to treat an adoptive aunt, but now you are willing to work in a small convenience store to earn a living. I didn't expect it to be you, Lu Yuwen."

In the restaurant's private room.

I sat on the leather chair and took a sip from the teacup in front of me: "I haven't had such good black tea for a long time."

Qin Ruyue sat opposite me, glanced at the birthday card on the table, and smiled: "If you had told me earlier that your birthday is today, I could have treated you to better tea."

"Actually, the service in this restaurant is pretty good, especially suitable for celebrating birthdays. The store's photography skills are quite good. The photos taken are very atmospheric."

I put down the teacup, looked around the layout of the store, and smiled, "Shen Ye brought me to this box a year ago. At that time, in order to bring me here for a birthday, he worked odd jobs as a deliveryman to save money for two months, and ordered this birthday set meal, but now... Do you think people's hearts are very fickle?"

"You met me here, not to tell me this, right?" Qin Ruyue said.

I raised my eyebrows, took out a jewelry box from my bag, opened it, and put it on the table.

Inside was a new tassel earring from the ‘Lingyue’ series of Qin Ruyue's jewelry brand R.W.


No comments:

Post a Comment