Monday 30 September 2024

Give me the blazing sun 7




Chapter 7


My mom lost her first child because of this incident.

Later, she took advantage of Father Lu going abroad for a business trip and escaped from the villa with the help of Auntie Lin.

She gave birth to me in a small town and lived with me there until I was eight years old when her case of home robbery was reported in the news.

"How is it? Do you like it?" Auntie Lin clipped up a piece of beef for me.

"En." I nodded, but couldn't help saying, "Auntie Lin, I'm sorry."

"It's good that you can come back. It's all in the past." She said.

"Auntie Lin..."

"Come, try this soup."

Auntie Lin personally served me a bowl of thick soup. However, Lu Yanci frowned and reminded: "Mom, Wenwen doesn't eat mushrooms."

"Ah, really?" Auntie Lin smiled meaningfully, put down the soup, and winked at me, "It’s still your elder brother who pays attention."

I didn't dare to answer, just looked at Lu Yanci.

Lu Yanci sighed helplessly and turned to the housekeeper beside him, "Auntie Zhao, ask the kitchen to bake a pineapple pie and send it to the second miss's room later."

"Oh right, our Wenwen loved to eat this when she was little." Auntie Lin said.

"Thank you, Elder Brother." I whispered.

"En." Lu Yanci hummed without changing his expression.

Auntie Lin and I both grinned.

After the meal, I returned to my room. The set up of the room was still the same as before.

I opened the drawer of the desk. There was still the homework I did and the things I used in the past.

It was dust-free, obviously someone had been cleaning it.

"Wenwen."

Auntie Lin knocked on the door and came in. After taking in my room, she put the pineapple pie on the desk and looked at my old award certificate and said, "If your mom knew that you are now in B University, she would be overjoyed."

"Auntie Lin, I'm sorry about what happened back then." I apologized again for faking my death, leaving the Lu Family, and deceiving her and Lu Yanci.

"I don't blame you. You were still a child at that time. It's normal that you can't accept so many things that happened at once." She said, "But I heard that Ah Yan wants you to work on the company's new project. Although I don't manage the business matters, if you want to do scientific research like your mother, I will tell Ah Yan and you can just go back to school and study."

"It’s fine. This project is supposed to cooperate with our school's Microelectronics Research Institute. My tutor will also participate. I will just learn from it. It won't affect my studies." I explained.

"That's good. Ah Yan also told me about your Aunt Jiang's daughter. We support you no matter what you want to plan." Auntie Lin said, "This may also be fate. This aunt has the same surname as your mother, Jiang."

"Thank you, Auntie Lin."

"Silly child." Auntie Lin rubbed my head and reminded me just like back then, "After eating the pie, brush your teeth well and go to bed early."

"Okay, I know, Auntie Lin. You should go to bed early too."

The next day, after arranging Xiao Yue, I bought a plane ticket for Anan and got her to return to Beijing. Then I went back to school to cancel the leave with the tutor.

When I came out of the laboratory, I happened to meet Shen Ye, who might be waiting for me.

But I didn't give him a chance to get close to me. I got into the Lu Family's car and left the scene.

We didn't meet again until a cocktail party a few days later.

"Zhizhi."

When I came out to get some fresh air, he pulled me aside and asked, "Why didn't you tell me that you are the second miss of the Lu Family?"

"Is it important?" I retorted, "Or do you want to say that if you had known that I’m from the Lu Family, you wouldn't have done those disgusting things?"

Shen Ye's expression was slightly stiff, but he still said, "That's not what I meant. What I have been doing is because I don't want to lose you."

"So what? What does Mr. Shen want to do now?" I said coldly.

"Zhizhi, if you are willing to believe me again, I promise you that as soon as the project between Shen and Qin is over, I will break off the engagement with Qin Ruyue. Then..."

"Is your marriage a great gift? Shen Ye, do you take yourself too seriously?" I interrupted him.

"Zhizhi, I really hope you can give me another chance."

"Really?" I asked back.

Shen Ye said sincerely, "Zhizhi, I really love you."

"Okay, you leave everything in the Shen Family and go to Hong Kong, I will support you in the future. If you agree, I will give you another chance."

Shen Ye was stunned. Dissatisfaction immediately covered his face.

I sneered, "What? Not willing? Mr. Shen doesn't like this kind of life of a pampered canary?"

"Zhizhi!" Shen Ye's voice carried a slight tinge of anger.

"Wenwen, Ah Ye, what are you talking about?" At this time, Qin Ruyue came over with champagne.

I smiled and replied, "Nothing, Mr. Shen wants to go to Hong Kong."

Qin Ruyue curled her lips and looked at Shen Ye: "Really? I don't have much time to accompany you."

"It’s fine." Shen Ye smiled at her and left on the pretext of meeting a regular client.

After Shen Ye left, Qin Ruyue looked at me: "This game is not interesting. Are you interested in sitting with me?"

"Sure."

In Qin Ruyue's large flat.

"Did you hear what Shen Ye said just now?" I asked Qin Ruyue while leaning against the leather sofa.

Qin Ruyue didn’t deny it and just smiled, "It's still unknown who will dump whom first."

"That's right." I agreed.

She looked at me and sighed: "But I didn't expect that someone like Lu Yanci would actually let you go just like that after you faked your death to deceive him."

"You don't understand." I said.

"I certainly don't understand." She said, "Don't talk about me and my illegitimate brothers. My maternal cousin brothers with the same mother are scheming against each other for profit and wishing to kill each other. Lu Yanci can tolerate your return to the Lu Family to share a piece of the pie."

I smiled and asked, "By the way, have your elder cousin brother and Shen Ye taken any actions recently?"

"It's mainly a cooperative project between the two families. However, my elder cousin brother has been meeting experts in new energy recently. I don't know if it has anything to do with Shen Group."


No comments:

Post a Comment