Saturday 24 December 2022

AKIT7 155




Chapter 155


Wan Chun Ju stiffly stood up. When she looked back, she saw a crack the size of her butt appeared in the middle of the rattan chair!

Her face turned even paler: "Zhen Guo, what should I do?"

Qiao Zhen Guo said without flushing, "Wife, I told you to lose weight before. And you didn't listen. Now you broke the rattan chair. This is Mom's favorite rattan chair. She will definitely KO you when she finds out!"

The more he talked, the more Wan Chun Ju trembled: "Zhen Guo, we have been husband and wife for so many years, you have to save me. Why don't you tell mom later that it was you who sat on the wicker chair, okay? "

Death by fellow Taoist but never the Taoist way.

Right now, the couple had the same thought; it was better for you to die than me, so go ahead and die.

Qiao Zhen Guo definitely won't agree. He threw out the hot seat after much difficulty: "No, Wife, I can't help you. Mom said when one person does the things, that person should be responsible. If I help you, I will harm you. You should go and apologize to Mom. Maybe she will forgive you after beating you up!"

Wan Chun Ju: "..."

See, it was better not to say it!

Seeing that his wife believed his words, Qiao Zhen Guo secretly rejoiced.

No wonder people used to say that smartness comes with the end of the top. Once he became bald, he became smarter!

It seemed that baldness wasn’t all bad!

Seeing that her man was unwilling to help her, Wan Chun Ju prepared to ‘surrender’ to her mother-in-law with a soulless appearance.

On the way, she bumped into her youngest daughter, little Dong Yun.

Seeing her mother's appearance, little Dong Yun frowned, "Mom, today is Elder Sister's eighteenth birthday. It can’t be that you have done something wrong again, right?"

Wan Chun Ju sobbed out with a mournful face: "Little Yun Yun, Mom is in deep trouble. Mom broke your grandmother's rattan chair. I know I’m a little fat, but I didn't know the rattan chair is so fragile. I really know my mistakes. I will start losing weight tomorrow..."

Qiao An Jie came over and pointed out, "Eldest Aunt, weren't you going to the yard to pick Tabasco pepper? Why did you go to sit on the rattan chair?"

Wan Chun Ju paused for a moment and pondered. That’s right. She was clearly going to pick Tabasco pepper. Why did she sit on the rattan chair?

Suddenly, her let out a pig screech: "I remembered, your eldest uncle told me to sit down. So it was him who harm me. That damn man. He didn't take the blame for me when he harm me. What a heartless ghost!"

Qiao An Jie stated with a stern face: "You mean Eldest Uncle told you to sit on the rattan chair for no reason?

Wan Chun Ju twisted her body and replied: "It's not for no reason. Your eldest uncle said that I've worked hard and told me to take a rest. He pulled me over to the rattan chair and the rattan chair collapsed as soon as I sat down!"

Qiao An Jie and little Dong Yun looked at each other. Both saw three words in each other's eyes: Something was fishy!

Little Dong Yun said: "Mom, take me over to look at the rattan chair. I think you may not have broken the rattan chair!"

Wan Chun Ju was taken aback for a moment: "...But I was the one who broke it because I have a big butt. The chair cracked as soon as I sat down!"

"..."

Qiao An Jie and little Dong Yun were speechless. They simply ignored her and went directly to the grape rack.

At this time, Qiao Zhen Guo was showing off to Gu Gu and Pi Pi: "That was close. I was almost beaten to death by my mom. Fortunately my brain turned fast and threw the pot to my wife. Say, do you think I am very smart?"

Qiao An Jie: "..."

Little Dong Yun: "..."

They wanted to come over to investigate the truth, but unexpectedly heard this when they came here. They became more and more speechless.

Especially little Dong Yun, she exploded in the next moment: "Dad, how could you do this? It's enough that you won't admit what your mistake. Now pass the blame to Mom. You are terrible. I will tell Grandmother!"

Qiao Zhen Guo was so frightened that he jumped up on the spot: "...Don't go, little Dong Yun. I knows I’m wrong. You mustn’t tell your grandmother!"

Little Dong Yun spoke with a sullen little face, "I could not tell Grandmother for now, but I got to see what Dad will do next!!"

Qiao Zhen Guo scratched his bald scalp and said, "I... admit my mistake and apologize to your mom?"

Little Dong Yun nodded: "That’ll do! But Dad, you can't play tricks anymore. I will be watching you from behind!"

Qiao Zhen Guo had no choice but to go as he scratched his bald scalp.

At this moment, Wan Chun Ju had already come to the study room. When she was about to go inside to confess to her mother-in-law, Qiao Zhen Guo ran up panting.

"Wife, don't go in!" Qiao Zhen Guo pulled her back. "That rattan chair...maybe it wasn't you who broke it. I sat on it before. It might be me who broke it. So don't go in. I'll go in and talk to Mom and apologize. I’ll say I sat on the chair!"

Upon hearing this, Wan Chun Ju stared at her man in shock: "Zhen Guo, was your brain caught by the door just now?"

Otherwise, why would he help her?

Qiao Zhen Guo had made a lot of pit for his wife to fall in all his life. Never thought he’ll fall into his own pit this time: "Then do you want me to help you and speak for you?"

"Yes, of course. Only an idiot wouldn’t take advantage in front of them!" Wan Chun Ju nodded quickly, "Zhen Guo, go in!"

Qiao Zhen Guo didn't look at her when he heard this. Instead, he raised his head toward the wall not far away where a small head appeared. That head shook at him, expressing her dissatisfaction with his actions.

Qiao Zhen Guo scratched his bald scalp again and continued, "Wife, I'll buy something for you in two days."

Wan Chun Ju was shocked again. She reached out to touch his forehead: "No fever. Zhen Guo, don't scare me. You must have some terminal illness, right?"

After all these years, Qiao Zhen Guo was finally rendered to the point of unable to retort by his wife: "...Wife, I'm fine, I just thought that we've been married for so many years, I should gift you something."

Wan Chun Ju was moved!

Wan Chun Ju's eyes reddened!

She pursed her mouth and said, "Zhen Guo, you are so nice to me! I have decided that I will be your wife in my next life!"

Qiao Zhen Guo: "..."

So, in his next life, he will marry a wife who can eat thirty big dumplings in one meal???

Can he not?

In his next life, he wants to marry a wife who eats three dumplings for one meal. Thirty was too stressful to support!

When Qiao Zhen Guo went inside to confess to his mom, he was told that the rattan chair was broken from the start. His heart instantly turned cold.

He didn't dig the pit for his wife, but for himself instead!

His baldness was useless. He wasn’t smart at all!

——

At noon, people from Huo Family and Mao Family came over.

Dai Shu Fang looked at Da Qiao as if she was looking at her own daughter-in-law. She was extremely satisfied.

A few years ago, Mao Family’s Eldest Sister wanted her son to compete with Huo Chi. However, Huo Family was too hardworking. Every year, they specially went all the way to Qiao's house. They couldn't compete with them and could only give up.

Dai Shu Fang gifted Da Qiao a set of jewelry. One can tell it was expensive at first glance.

Da Qiao felt that it was too precious and she could really accept it. But Dai Shu Fang said she must accept it no matter what or she would be angry.

Over the years, Da Qiao sent a few pills to their family every few months. Although it was unknown what the pills were made of, the three of them never got sick after taking them.

Especially for her. When she came back from the countryside half of her hairs were grey despite only being in her thirties. Since she consumed the dried roses and pills given by Da Qiao, she became younger every day!

In her father-in-law’s words, the things that Da Qiao sent to their family couldn’t be bought even when one had money. So giving her a set of jewelry was nothing at all!

Besides, even if Da Qiao didn't send those things to their family, she would be happy to give her jewelry!

Huo Hua Qing gave Da Qiao a famous painting, which was priceless!

Mao Family was also very generous. They pooled together and gifted a shop!

Mao Family was more grateful to Da Qiao than Huo family.

Old Mrs. Mao was still alive. These six years were extremely precious to everyone in Mao Family. That's why they readily gifted Da Qiao a courtyard dwelling back then!

Now they were also willing to give another property.

After asking her grandmother and grandfather for permission, Da Qiao accepted it in the end.

As for the members of Qiao Family, they all prepared gifts for her. The smallest one was Wan Chun Ju prepared a two yuan red envelope. Da Qiao didn't mind. She even thanked her sweetly.

The others gifted her everything from clothes to handkerchiefs to school supplies. Even Gu Gu laid a pair of eggs for her!

Da Qiao felt that she was so lucky!

Xue Chuan also gave her a painting but what he gave was not a famous painting. It was his own painting. Da Qiao loved it.

Qiao Xiu Zhi gave her a gold bracelet, which was the same as her elder siblings’ coming of age birthday present.

Wan Chun Ju was staring at her father-in-law and her mother-in-law throughout it all. Now she saw the things they sent out, she finally felt relieved. She was afraid that her father-in-law and mother-in-law would be biased!

When everyone had given a gift, only Huo Chi hadn't.

He whispered in her ear: "I'll give you my gift later. I won't let you down!"

Da Qiao raised her lips and nodded her little head: "Suddenly I am looking forward to it. What will Elder Brother Huo Chi give me?"

Huo Chi looked at her thick eyelashes: "You will know tonight!"

——

After lunch, Mao Family left first. First Branch also had a business to do. So they left soon after.

Zhong Kang De and Dai Shu Fang went to the nursery for a date. After they got married, their relationship became better and better. Apart from work, they were inseparable wherever they went.

Qiao Dong He and Luo Jun Liang also went back with their son, little Qi Jin. In short, each went about their own affairs.

In the evening, Huo Chi came to pick her up in a car.

Qiao Zhen Jun sent his daughter to the door and eyed Huo Chi with an unfriendly expression: "Remember to send her back before nine o'clock. And... no matter what, don't let her get hurt!"

Actually, in his opinion, the most dangerous person was Huo Chi!

The little cabbage he worked so hard to raise was snatched away with a snap of a hand, Simply terrible!

Huo Chi hurriedly nodded: "Uncle, don't worry. I will definitely send Nian Nian back safely before nine o'clock!"

Qiao Zhen Jun’s brows frowned even tighter.

This guy was too scheming. He used to call him Uncle Zhen Jun. Today, he suddenly changed his way of addressing him. It was obvious that he was up to something!

Qiao Nian Nian didn't sense the undercurrent between the two of them. She bid her dad goodbye and got into the front passenger seat.

Seeing this, Qiao Zhen Jun was very sad: "Once Daughter grow up, she can’t be kept!"

Huo Chi drove Da Qiao to a private garden.

The garden was full of various precious flowers, including roses, orchids, chrysanthemums, etc. The flowers were quietly blooming in the night. The fragrance of the flowers floated with the night wind. It made people feel refreshed, as if they were in a sea of ​​flowers.

Da Qiao took in the surrounding flowers in surprise. The corner of her mouth curved up: "Elder Brother Huo Chi, where did you find such a wonderful place?"

Huo Chi didn't answer her question. Instead, he stared at her with deep eyes: "Do you like it?"

Da Qiao nodded her head: "I love it. Truly love it!"

Huo Chi stretched out a hand toward her and uttered, "There are surprises inside. If you like, we'll come back to appreciate it later!"

There’s more?

Da Qiao's heart was full of anticipation. She placed her hand in his.

Huo Chi held her little hand tightly. Compared with his own, her hand looked so small and so soft. He could hold her hand like this for a lifetime.

Huo Chi pulled her to a small lake.

Small colorful lights were dotted around the lake. The lights were dim and resulted a gentle shimmer, as if covering the surroundings with a layer of veil.

Huo Chi let go of her hand, walked to the lake, and stretched out his hand to lift off the cover under the grass.

Then Da Qiao saw countless fireflies flying up from the grass.

The fireflies radiated light, like a group of stars falling from the sky and danced mid-air. So memerising that people forget to breathe.

"Elder Brother Huo Chi, is this the gift you mentioned? I love it!"

Da Qiao stretched out her hand to touch a firefly. The firefly flew away immediately after being touched, like a naughty little fairy.

Huo Chi walked up to her. He looked at her with his ink black eyes, "No. That's not the gift I prepared for you. My gift is - myself."

1 comment: