Monday 30 September 2024

Give me the blazing sun 9




Chapter 9


Because of my performance, I was increasingly recognized by Father Lu and gained more power from him.

"Although my mom was injured in the brain, she understood my thoughts. So even if she didn't want to stay in the Lu Family, she never showed it in front of me.

"And I..." I took a deep breath, "If she didn't say it, I pretended not to know. I thought life would go on like that.

"That was until that day my mom suddenly begged me to take her away from the Lu Family.

"That was the first time she asked me, but I didn't answer her. I just asked her what to do if she got sick after leaving the Lu Family? Should I continue my studies or take care of her?

"She was silent for a long time before she said, 'Yeah, how could I be so selfish?'. I thought that matter was over, but that night she got sick and jumped from the top floor of the villa."

Afterwards, I learned that the research institute where she worked when she was young was officially declared bankrupt and closed that day...

At that moment, I remembered that when I first arrived at the Lu Family. My only wish was to protect my mom and never let her be bullied again.

But I changed. Because of capital and power, I became arrogant and self-righteous.

I felt that my choice was the most rational and the best for everyone.

"I didn't protect my mom well. For the sake of power, status and capital, I ignored her pain; I used her illness and the excuse for the best of everyone to ignore her requests and became an accomplice in oppressing her.”

"She had a drawer. In addition to my photos from childhood to adulthood, there were all briefings about the research institute that she cut out.

"But that day her ideal was completely shattered and her beloved daughter also betrayed her."

"Wenwen..." Qin Ruyue reached out and held the back of my hand.

"I found out that efficiency, profit, and power aren’t everything in life, but at that time I didn't know what I wanted after losing my mom." I said, "So I planned to leave the Lu Family, but encountered Aunt Jiang.

"Poverty can really force out the evil of human nature to the greatest extent, but Aunt Jiang let me know that even in such an environment, there are still people who will take out a little from their own food money to help you.

"Conscience has nothing to do with class, while virtue has nothing to do with knowledge. In these years of living as an ordinary person, I have found some things and began to think clearly about what I want to do.”

"I went back to the Lu Family because I don't want to wait until the people around me are hurt before I regret it. But I certainly didn't expect to keep entangling with Shen Ye, because I have my own goals in life."

"What about now?" Qin Ruyue said, "It seems that you are willing to let Shen Ye go, but Shen Ye obviously doesn't want to let you go."

"Yes." I turned my head and looked straight into her eyes, "So you should cut off from Shen Ye as soon as possible."

"You mean..." She showed an inquiring gaze.

I said calmly, "The Lu Family has a family motto, which is to be prepared for any eventuality."

Although I did not intend to fight Shen Ye to the death at the beginning, I couldn’t do nothing in the face of potential enemies.

In the past two years, I have had people keep an eye on Shen Group and Shen Ye as well as planting some people in Shen Group.

The things in hand, plus the strength of Lu Group, were enough to make Shen Ye drink to his full.

I calculated the time accurately and got Lu Group to issue a statement before the Shen Family was investigated.

"Explaining" that although my mom and Father Lu had a romantic relationship, the two had separated after Father Lu got married.

Later, my mom and I returned to the Lu Family because my mom suffered a brain injury in the robbery and couldn’t take care of herself. So the Lu Family took us back to take care of us.

At the same time, I got someone to post the adoption agreement that Father Lu got the lawyer to settle, indicating that I was originally just an adopted daughter of the Lu Family.

After doing all this, I went back to the Lu Family villa.

Sitting in the room where my mom lived before she died, staring at the photo of her and me in the past.

I knew this was the best time to uncover everything my mom went through.

But if I did this, what would happen to Auntie Lin and Lu Yanci. And what would happen to so many people who were working hard for the new project?

"Do you feel guilty?"

At some point, Auntie Lin came to my side.

She sat down, took my hand, looked at the person in the photo, and said with a wry smile: "This is what you have to go through if you are in your current position. To preserve the interests of the company and the majority of people, sacrifice yourself, your family, your feelings, and even the truth.

"I don't know how to persuade you, because I haven't figured out what to do about this. But I have something to give you."

Auntie Lin took out a photo of me giving a speech as a student representative in middle school.

"This was taken when your mother asked me to secretly take her out of the villa to watch your speech." Auntie Lin said.

I looked at myself in the photo, and then turned it over to look at the familiar handwriting on the back - [May my baby become the best version of herself, hold her head high, and have no regrets in her life. 】

"Mom..."

Tears could not stop falling from my eyes. Auntie Lin reached out and hugged me into her arms: "She has always been proud of you."

When Shen Ye and the person in charge of the relevant projects were taken away to assist in the investigation, I got someone to release the information about the internal struggle of the Shen Family.

This involved criminal cases such as hiring a killer to kill, kidnapping and extortion.

Although Shen Ye was a victim in that incident, it was enough to hit the reputation of the Shen Family, not to mention that Shen Ye's means of counterattack and revenge almost involved half of the criminal law.

For a time, public opinion was in an uproar.

At the same time, the news that some projects that had been suppressed by the Shen Family had kept exploding on the hot search.

Qin Ruyue cooperated. Not only did she break off the engagement with Shen Ye, she also pushed out the projects of the Qin and Shen families.


No comments:

Post a Comment