Saturday 23 October 2021

BTTS 544




ag('config', 'UA-167229428-1');

 Chapter 544. Must-have good family man

"Cheng Yang has a girlfriend. Don't talk nonsense." Zhou Si Ni responded.

"Has a girlfriend? Why haven't I heard?" Zhou Gui Lai said.

"You didn't go there again. She sent him food a good few times." Zhou Si Ni replied.

"That's no problem. But I heard that old Madam Zhu from old Zhu Family from next door wants to match you to her grandson?" Zhou Gui Lai gossiped.

Zhou Si Ni smiled: "Not a shadow of such matter." 
She knew old Madam Zhu wanted to match her grandson. However, she didn't plan to dictate her own marriage. She wanted to listen to her elders.

The elders got experiences. If they say good, then it was good. If they say bad, then forget it. These elders all sincerely love her. Not the kind that would cheat her.

"My sister Si Ni is so popular." Zhou Gui Lai tutted.

"Behave." Zhou Si Ni amusedly scolded. She grabbed a hot meatball and stuffed it in his mouth. Motioning him to shut up.

"Sister Si Ni, the capital city is wonderful. You have to find a partner, so that you can stay in the capital in the future and often come here to eat." Zhou Gui Lai persuaded.

"Would you like to have another meatball?" Zhou Si Ni asked.

Zhou Gui Lai grinned and said to Weng Guo Dong: "Look at you, Brother Guo Dong. You're the kind that never does housework. Your dried bean curds are too broken."

Weng Guo Dong stated, "En. I haven't done it before."

"That can't do. Do you know how old my mom started to train? When we were six or seven years old, we had to sweep the floor and wash the dishes and pick vegetables. From the age of nine, we have to learn to cook." Zhou Gui Lai said.

Weng Guo Dong raised his eyebrows: "From what I see, Auntie Lin loves you guys."

"Of course. The children in the village envy them brothers for having my fourth aunt as their mother." Zhou Si Ni spoke.

"Then why do they work at such young age?" Weng Guo Dong wondered.

Zhou Si Ni snorted and mentally commented that the people from the city were different. Their thoughts were really weird. Doing work meant don't love?

"My mom was worried that we would not be able to marry a wife." Zhou Gui Lai answered.

"With you brothers' figure and looks, what kind of girls can you not get?" Weng Guo Dong said.

"Oh, I didn't know Brother Guo Dong was so insightful." Zhou Gui Lai grinned: "Wasn't it because we were poor before? When we didn't leave the village before, our family was in poverty. My grandmother often nagged my mom to save some money for us brothers to marry a wife. My mom would spend whatever money we have. Naturally, we have to expand our skill set. When seeking a wife, being able to cook is a bonus."

"Auntie Lin said this?" Weng Guo Dong grinned.

"Yes. It's the truth. Look at my dad. Now my mom doesn't have to touch housework anymore. My dad does all the work. How nice is the atmosphere in my house? I had never seen them quarreling. Understand?" Zhou Gui Lai raised an eyebrow.

"That's a good point. Men got to help with more housework. Your dad rarely helps me with this." Mother Weng had been paying attention to this side. She agreed when she heard this.

"That's not a big deal." Father Weng couldn't help but utter.

"It isn't a trivial matter. I'm tired of doing it every day!" Mother Weng snorted.

"I will definitely help do more in the future." Father Weng promised.

"You don't need to. Don't break my bowls!" Mother Weng said.

Everyone laughed. Weng Guo Dong also laughed. He glanced at Zhou Si Ni. Zhou Si Ni was already cooked the fried meatballs and fishballs. They smelled wonderful. She saw that there was a lot of oil in the bottom of the pan, so she put the pre-cut cabbage in.

The bean curds were mostly done. Zhou Si Ni spoke: "All of you go watch TV. I can handle the rest."

"Alright." Zhou Gui Lai washed his hands and then came to watch TV.

Weng Guo Dong said: "I can help with other things."

"No need. Da Wa and I can do it." Zhou Si Ni responded without looking back.

At first glance, this person was a young master who doesn't do housework and waits for food.

Weng Guo Dong looked at her before going to wash his hands.

Zhou Kai had cleaned up the fish. Zhou Si Ni was very satisfied. This was a capable person and can help.

"Auntie Weng, I'm not praising with you. Look at my eldest brother. He's completely perfect. A must-have good family man kind." Zhou Gui Lai sung.

"He can enter the kitchen and stand in the public. He can drive a car and beat hooligans!" Lin Qing He added.

At this moment, everyone laughed. Even Father Weng was amused.

Zhou Qing Bai stared at his wife.

"Mom, while you are complimenting my eldest brother, you are also complimenting Dad?" Zhou Gui Lai said.

"Of course. A good man like your dad should be praised." Lin Qing He didn't hesitate to praise.

The corner of Zhou Qing Bai's mouth couldn't help but raise.

Have to say, even Weng Guo Dong liked the atmosphere of old Zhou's house. It was no wonder that his dad and his mom socialized with them. Even for the New Year's Eve dinner, they all came together.

After four o'clock, the meal began. The large table was full of dishes. The two families gathered together to have a lively New Year's Eve dinner.

"Third, you can't drink. Drink fizzy drink with your sister Si Ni." Lin Qinghe said.

"I know, I know. I can only drink after eighteen. I'm just pouring it for my dad and Uncle Weng." Zhou Gui Lai replied.

"Fizzy drinks are nice to drink." Zhou Si Ni jollily commented.

"Your cooking is wonderful. You made such a large table of dishes." Mother Weng praised.

The more she looked at Zhou Si Ni, the more satisfied she became. This girl wasn't just extroverted, she also had solid culinary skill. If she married her stupid son, he would be blessed.

Zhou Si Ni smiled: "My fourth aunt made a lot of it in advance. I just finished the rest."

"My eldest sister-in-law gave us a lot of salted duck eggs. They are all from ducks raised by their family. They are very oily and very flavorful. Bring some back later when you go back." Lin Qing He said.

"Then I won't be polite." Mother Weng grinned.

"That's the right reaction" Lin Qing He replied: "Eat more. It won't taste good when it gets cold."

"This meatball is good." Father Weng took a bite of the meatball.

"Since it's good, eat more, old Weng. You have to drink with Qing Bai until you're inebriated today." Lin Qing He merrily urged.

"That can't do. We have to go back later." Father Weng laughed.

"What's the matter? Get Eldest to take you back." Lin Qing He responded.

As they ate, they lively chattered. That meal took more than an hour. Everyone was extremely content with the meal.

After eating, everyone watched TV together and snacked on some after dinner fruit. They talked about work and other things. The atmosphere was pleasant.

"Fourth Uncle, Fourth Aunt, I'll go to my grandparent's side now." After Zhou Si Ni finished washing the dishes and chopsticks with Weng Mei Jia, she spoke.

"I'll send you over, Sister." Zhou Gui Lai stood up and said.

Previous


Links:
  • Feed Maggie
  • Become a Patron!


  • 8 comments: