Monday 30 September 2024

Give me the blazing sun 1




 Chapter 1


One month after boyfriend’s sudden disappearance, his wealthy fiancée came knocking out of the blue.

She glanced around the convenience store where I worked and sneered softly.

"Not that great. It seems that Ah Ye's standards have dropped a lot during this period of amnesia."

After a pause, I took out the QR code: "Fiancée, right? Perfect, please pay me the medical bills your fiancé owes me."

"Miss Jiang should understand that social rank is not something that can be overcome by the so-called true love of ordinary people like you."

A bottle of filtered water was placed on the cash register in front of me.

Looking up, I saw the face of Qin Ruyue, the eldest daughter of the Qin Group.

It had been more than half a month since she last came to the convenience store to find me.

I know why she came this time.

- Last time she revealed that Shen Ye was the missing heir of the Shen Family. After Shen Ye knew it, he came to my rental house every day to "stand guard" and had been standing for almost a week.

As Shen Ye's fiancée and with her temper, she naturally couldn't sit still.

But I wasn't interested in being part of their rich marriage episode.

"A total of 7 yuan, would you like to scan the code or pay in cash?"

I raised my professional smile.

After a slight pause, she raised her phone.

I swiftly scanned the code: "Thank you for your patronage."

"As a third party, Miss Jiang's demeanor is really ‘admirable’."

Qin Ruyue had suddenly said it in a voice that was neither high nor low but loud enough for everyone to hear.

The customers present looked at me with gossipy eyes.

I smiled calmly.

"Whether I am a third party or a victim, Miss Qin knows better than anyone else. If Miss Qin wants to argue about this matter here, I don't mind telling it from beginning to end."

Not to mention that Shen Ye returned to the Shen Family and got engaged to Qin Ruyue after he "disappeared".

Now it was Shen Ye who was unilaterally harassing me. No matter what, I couldn’t be accused of being a third party.

What's more... I looked up and glanced at the customer behind who was secretly snapping pics with the mobile phone.

Qin Ruyue followed my gaze, paused, whispered a few words to the assistant beside her, and then said to me: "Let's go out and talk."

"Sorry, it's my working time now."

I glanced at the customer behind, motioned her to bring the things over, and said to Qin Ruyue: "The customer who has paid the bill, please make way, thank you."

Seeing that I was unmoved, Qin Ruyue could only use the usual means of capitalists and went directly to my store manager.

At the same time, her assistant also dealt with the few customers who had secretly snapped pics earlier. 

In the end, the store manager nodded, bowed and stuffed me into her car.

Before that, I noticed a very low-key black RLX parked across the road.

It was Shen Ye's car.

But the person in it didn't seem to have any intention of getting off.

How interesting.

After getting in the car, Qin Ruyue didn't say anything for a long time.

I simply leaned against the backrest of the back seat and closed my eyes to rest.

To be honest, the luxury car was indeed a luxury car. The sitting experience was indeed worthy of its price.

Seeing that I was so calm, Qin Ruyue's hostility towards me finally faltered a little bit.

"Miss Jiang, you are different from what I thought." She said with a sigh.

Her gaze expressed her complicated emotion. Probably because she remembered the last time I asked her for the medical expenses for Shen Ye.

"In Miss Qin's eyes, what should I be like?"

I opened my eyes, turned my head, and looked at her, "Should I be vain? Cling to Shen Ye and dream of marrying into a wealthy family?"

Qin Ruyue didn't say anything, but her face showed an expression of "Shouldn't it be like this?"

I chuckled and looked at Qin Ruyue, "Miss Qin, ordinary people like us have to bow down and apologize when customers are in a bad mood and would give us a bad review or a complaint.

Even though I know you are here with bad intentions, I still got pushed into your car by my superior because of your identity. Why do you think you understand the class gap better than us?"

Qin Ruyue's eyes froze. Her eyebrows slightly pinched, obviously dissatisfied with what I said.

"It is true that there are people in this world who want to cling to the powerful and cross class rank, but we ordinary people are not all fools who don't know our own weight."

I leaned back on the backrest again and stated in a calm tone, "Besides, not everyone desires a life like yours."

"Really?" Her eyes were inquiring and sarcastic, "In that case, why didn't you refuse Shen Ye when he came to you?"

"Since Miss Qin is dissatisfied with Shen Ye coming to me, why didn't you go to Shen Ye, but chose to come to me?"

I closed my eyes and spoke slowly.

"Given the power of the Qin Family, if Miss Qin wants to make Shen Ye bow his head, there are other ways.

"But the threat of interests may affect the cooperation between the Qin and Shen families; using elders to put pressure is easy to affect feelings. The most important thing is that for the sake of interests and feelings, you still want to maintain this marriage and do not want to have a direct conflict with Shen Ye.

"That’s why you chose to solve me among many solutions. Even though you know better than anyone how innocent I am in this whole thing. Isn't it because I am the softest persimmon that is easiest to deal with among all the choices?"

Qin Ruyue was stunned, as if she didn't expect me to reveal her thoughts so bluntly.

But I just raised my hand and knocked on the glass window, drawing her attention to the RLX across the street.

"But unfortunately, I think Shen Ye also thinks so.”

"Miss Qin should know that if Shen Ye really cares about me, he can just tell me the truth and come back to me after properly sorting out the marriage.”

"But it is obvious that he, like you, does not want to give up the benefits of marriage. Basically, wanting to eat in the pot and look at the bowl, he chooses to force me to compromise.”


No comments:

Post a Comment