Wednesday 4 September 2024

LPMM 33




Chapter 33: Rising the Strife


"Shui...Shui Yingchen?" Luo Jin's legs trembled, "Why...why did you bring me to this hellhole?"

"..."

"Huh? Weren't you fierce just now?"

"When...when was I fierce?"

"..."

Shui Yingchen reached out and grabbed Luo Jin's wrist.

Luo Jin felt that her wrist was about to break and yelped out in pain, "What are you doing...let go..."

Shui Yingchen only felt that her hand was soft, no strength at all. Thinking of how he almost died at the hands of this person now, he felt a little confused and let go of her hand.

"Who are you?" Shui Yingchen asked coldly.

"It's all bruised..." Luo Jin saw a few blue fingerprints on her wrist and felt that her bones were aching. She was always afraid of pain. The pain made her tears flow uncontrollably.

Shui Yingchen frowned and stood up, holding a fire stick and looking around for an exit. He stretched out his hand and could feel the wind blowing from the front.

He turned back and said to Luo Jin: "Follow me!"

"I... I won't!" Luo Jin said stubbornly, "Don’t... don't order me, baddie!"

But then, a strong force pulled her toward Shui Yingchen.

Luo Jin fumed: "If you want to kill, then kill! Want to toy a mouse like a cat, right?"

As Shui Yingchen searched the way out, he spoke: "Keep crying, don't stop."

"..."

"You're a pervert!"

She tried to recall the plot of the novel. Shui Yingchen didn't appear in the novel at all. All the descriptions were brief.

He was the emperor of Jiyuan Country, but his identity was a mystery. No one knew where he came from. He had robbed his throne for himself. This person had a strange nature. When he went to bed, he had to find a few storytellers to tell stories all night long as well as lighting hundreds of ever-burning lamps and smoke strong incense to fall asleep. He didn't trust anyone. Few people have seen his true face.

A glimmer of light appeared in front. Shui Yingchen walked toward the light and waved his palm to smash the stone in front of him, revealing a cave.

The sunlight shone into the dark cave through the cave entrance. The light was dazzling, making Luo Jin squint her eyes.

"Okay, you are useless. You can die." Shui Yingchen's voice was indifferent. He looked back at Luo Jin, "Although I don't know why you suddenly became weak again, but... it doesn't matter. Once I kill you, I can take the Red Emperor Gu in your body."

Luo Jin saw his shoulders slump slightly and knew he was going to take action. Countless thoughts flashed through her mind in an instant and suddenly she shouted: "You can't kill me!"

"Why?" Shui Yingchen paused.

"You... your disease can only be cured by me!" Luo Jin trembled, "If you kill me, no one will cure you!"

"Disease?" Shui Yingchen sneered, "I am not sick!"

"If you... aren’t, why can't you sleep every day? You didn't kill me earlier, because you are afraid of the dark, right? No... you aren’t only afraid of the dark, but also afraid of silence." Luo Jin was afraid that he would take action, so she blurted it out in one breath, "Besides that, you are also afraid of insects! That's why you pretended to be Liu Shu and followed us into the tomb. Otherwise, with your ability, you can come in alone without bringing us. You want to use us to deal with insects and... you don't want to be alone." 

"I can guess that you must have experienced a painful childhood and left psychological trauma, right? You were locked in a dark place, there was no sound around, and you were bitten by insects... What place would be like this... a tomb! You..." Luo Jin widened her eyes, "You were locked in a tomb... bur... buried alive! So you are still afraid of the tomb!" 

These weren't her last-minute ideas. She had this doubt when she was reading the novel. The author didn't write these casually. It was probably some kind of foreshadowing. She was guessing at that time what kind of plot this emperor who had not yet appeared would have.

In the end, the emperor didn't appear at all. She wanted to pinch the author's neck and ask her why she wrote these foreshadowings!

But later she found that there was more than one hole in the novel that wasn't filled. It gave people the feeling that the author was completely absent-minded when writing. She wrote whatever she thought of and forgot it after writing.

Luo Jin searched for this author named ‘Luo Xin’ and found that all her works were like this, digging holes but not filling them. She explained that her job required her to be on call at any time and often got called to work while writing, resulting in her train of thought to be interrupted and it became like this. Readers speculated that this author was most likely a reporter, the kind who covered breaking news.

Shui Yingchen's dark gray pupils suddenly shrank, his breathing became rapid, and he gritted his teeth, "You...how do you know?"

Luo Jin had guessed. When she heard that she guessed right, she finally breathed a sigh of relief, "My mother...I am a psychologist. Basically, a doctor who specializes in treating heart diseases like yours. So you can't kill me."

"..." Shui Yingchen stared at her without saying anything.

"Think about it. If your disease is cured, you don't have to sleep with gongs and drums. It's uncomfortable to sleep with candles, right? Burning the incense is due to being afraid of insects? You don't like the smell, right?" Seeing that he was a little tempted, Luo Jin took the opportunity to continue to persuade him.

Shui Yingchen hesitated for a while and still didn’t budge, "I want the Red Emperor Gu in your body. Have to kill you."

"Red Emperor Gu? In my body?" Luo Jin didn't know what happened earlier. How could she have the Red Emperor Gu?

But it wasn’t important. Her mind was working fast. She said quickly: "Why do you want the Red Emperor Gu? If you have a gu, I can help you get rid of it. You don't have to kill me, right?"

"I don’t," Shui Yingchen said, "I am looking for this Red Emperor Gu to break through to the tenth level."

"Ten...Tenth level? There is tenth level? Isn't the ninth level the highest setting?" Luo Jin was stunned for a moment. Then she immediately followed up, "Aren't you already the best in the world? After breaking through the tenth level...you’re still the best in the world? Isn't this a breakthrough in vain? Why do you break through it?"

"..."

"And this Red Emperor Gu can choose its master. Even if you kill me, it may not recognize you as its master, right? Then you will lose an opportunity to sleep well. How unprofitable is that? It's a bleeding loss!"

"..."

"Do you...really have a way to cure my insomnia?" Shui Yingchen said slowly.

"Yes! There is a way!" Luo Jin said hurriedly, "Only people with insomnia know how happy it is to sleep well every night, right? I have seen people with insomnia who were so miserable that they want to commit suicide. They will use sleeping pills... Can't you use medicine?"

She thought for a while, "You are suspicious. You were afraid that you will not wake up in time after taking the medicine and be assassinated, right? Do you have many enemies?"

"..."

"You talk too much."

Shui Yingchen looked back at Luo Jin, "Let's go!"

"Ah? Where to?" Luo Jin took a step back, "I... I have to go back to save our family’s princess. You know that I am looking for the Red Emperor Gu to save her. If you... don't let me go back, I... I won't cure your insomnia. I will keep my word!"

Shui Yingchen sneered, "Really? Even if I torture you to the utmost, you won't cure me?"

"No... I won't cure you!"

"Heh, just a pinch on the wrist and you can cry for a long time. Are you sure you can bear it?"

Luo Jin swallowed nervously, "I can't... I can't bear it. I... I'm weak, if you hit me harder I'll die, I usually use ginseng or something to maintain my life. I'm weak! As long as I die quickly enough, no one can torture me!"

"Why are your legs shaking?"

"No... it’s not!"

Shui Yingchen shook his head with some amusement, "Go ahead. I'll find you myself."

His steps were light and his tall figure quickly disappeared from Luo Jin's sight.

Luo Jin felt that her whole body was about to collapse.

She actually survived Shui Yingchen's hands. Now it was incredible to think about it.

But she didn't know how to cure insomnia. Even a psychologist like her mother couldn't cure all insomnia. The psychological knowledge she knew was a little bit from her mother and what she occasionally saw when her mother gave psychological treatment to people.

But she never considered curing Shui Yingchen. If this big devil was cured, wouldn't he kill her and take the Red Emperor Gu?

Speaking of which, how did the Red Emperor Gu get in her body? Why didn't she remember it?

Her legs were weak now. She sat for a long time before hearing a voice from the other end of the cave. It was Chai Qi calling her name.

She responded. Chai Qi helped Yue Qinghai slowly walk out of the cave.

"I couldn't push the stone tomb. After searching for a long time, I found the mechanism. Then I pushed it open and jumped down from the cave," Chai Qi said, "You..."

After hesitating for a while, he didn't continue.

Luo Jin didn't know what he wanted to say, but when she saw Yue Qinghai, she remembered something, "Give me the Gu Experience."

Chai Qi took out the Gu Experience from his arms, handed it to Luo Jin, and asked, "What's going on?"

"Let me see how to use the Red Emperor Gu."

She turned the pages and read carefully for a while. Then she closed the book and said to Yue Qinghai, "I'll try to see if I can get rid of your Gu."

Yue Qinghai was delighted, "Really? That's great! Ah... By the way, where is the Emperor? Did you drive him away?"

Luo Jin rolled her eyes at him, "How is it possible..."

How could she drive Shui Yingchen away? If she hadn't threatened to die, Shui Yingchen wouldn't have allowed her to go back to save the Princess.

"Don't talk about this. Take off your shirt." Luo Jin said.

Although the weather was cold, Yue Qinghai took off his shirt quickly after hearing what she said.

"Knife!"

Yue Qinghai raised his sword, "Will this work?"

"That's fine."

Luo Jin raised the sword and pointed it at the bottom of Yue Qinghai's throat. Yue Qinghai turned pale with fear, "This... is killing me?"

"Don't move!"

Yue Qinghai trembled, looked down, and saw Luo Jin using the sword to cut from his throat to his abdomen. She used little force and only cut a shallow wound.

Then Luo Jin put her hand on Yue Qinghai's back, closed her eyes, and concentrated.

A red light spot appeared in her vision. The light spot swam back and forth in front of her eyes. She tried to control the light spot with her mind and let it focus on one point.

Yue Qinghai suddenly screamed.

He saw a few gu insects slowly crawling out of his wound, causing bursts of tingling pain in the wound. Then, more and more gu insects crawled out along the long wound. After they came into contact with the outside air, they stopped moving and fell to the ground.

Chai Qi blankly stared at the gu insects. Although he had seen a lot of the world, he still felt extremely uncomfortable, as if he was going to vomit.

After more than an hour, no more gu insects crawled out.

A layer of gu insects accumulated on the ground. They were in various shapes and all laid on the ground, motionless.

Yue Qinghai gritted his teeth, stretched out his feet and crushed the gu insects on the ground, and crushed them a few times on the ground.

Tired, Luo Jin leaned against the tree to rest. She felt a little dizzy and closed her eyes to recuperate.

Yue Qinghai put on his clothes and felt more relaxed than ever before. He let out a hearty laugh and clasped his fists to Luo Jin, "Thank you, Miss Luo. If you have any request in the future, I will not be a human if I frown."

Chai Qi said, "Don't tell anyone about the Red Emperor Gu. This is a way of repaying kindness."

"I will definitely not tell anyone. If the Red Emperor Gu matter is spread, who knows how many people will covet it. I will never bring danger to my benefactor!" Yue Qinghai said, "Goodbye!"

He clasped his fists and turned to leave. Although he was injured by Shui Yingchen, the injury wasn't serious and didn’t affect his movements.

Luo Jin rested for a while before standing up with the help of a tree, "Let's go back to Dongyuan to save the Princess."

Chai Qi nodded, walked over and supported her, "I'll have someone prepare a carriage to take you back to Dongyuan."

Luo Jin took a few steps, "Before that, I... want to see Jiang Mo. He has a Heart-Devouring Gu, I want..."

"Got it, I'll take you there." Chai Qi squatted down, "Come on, I'll carry you to the carriage."

Luo Jin was tired, so she laid on Chai Qi's back and let him carry her forward.

The carriage they came from was at the entrance of the tomb. The coachman was still waiting. Seeing that only the two of them were left, he couldn't help but show panic on his face, "Your Highness, those two...are they all dead in there? Vice Minister Luo is..."

"Don't guess blindly, go back!"

"Yes!"

...

At night, Jiang Mo saw a figure flashing outside the window, he pushed open the window and flew out to chase.

"Chai Qi?" Jiang Mo frowned, "What are you doing here?"

"She wants to see you," Chai Qi looked into the distance, "What else do you think?"


No comments:

Post a Comment