Monday 15 January 2024

7DLW 52




Chapter 52 Sense of security

"Oh, it's really Xu Xiao Jiao. I, I came here specifically for you."

The man in sunglasses was so excited that he reached out to wipe his hands on his clothes before going to shake hands with Xu Xiao Jiao.

Liu Chun Yan's sense of justice instantly rose. Who was this person to act so familiar? She stepped between the man in sunglasses and Xu Xiao Jiao, "Hey! What are you doing? Why are you looking for Xu Xiao Jiao?"

Xu Xiao Jiao pulled Liu Chun Yan to signal that it was fine. Then she stretched her head behind her to look at him, "I'm sorry, did you find the wrong person? I don't know you."

The man in sunglasses hurriedly waved his hands and backed away, "Don't get agitated. Don't get agitated. I'm not a bad person." He hurriedly took out a few brochures from a satchel he was carrying, "This, in this clothing brochure, it's you, right? I've been looking for so long and I finally see you in person. You are more beautiful than I imagined."

He took out another piece of paper from his bag and said, "Let me introduce myself first. I work in an entertainment company. Entertainment companies cultivate stars. I am a talent scout. The most popular person on television recently is Liu Meiying. You must know, right? I discovered her. At that time, I thought she could be popular. And the result? She is a big star!"

He was even more excited when he thought how Xu Xiao Jiao was more beautiful than Liu Meiying, "This, this is proof of my employment. I'm not lying to you. I'm really a talent scout, someone who discovers stars. Xu Xiao Jiao, I'm optimistic about you. Come to Shanghai with me. Become a star. I promise, I’ll find someone to support you. You will become popular in half a year. It will be no problem to earn few thousand a month!"

He knew how attractive a few thousand yuans was to these people. Those who signed a contract with him rarely hesitated when they heard a few thousand yuans.

When Liu Chun Yan heard about thousands of yuans, she was also shocked. Thousands of yuans, a month?

"Xiao Jiao?" She looked back at Xu Xiao Jiao. Her speech was hesitant and delayed. If this was true, then, she couldn't miss it. Few thousands a month! In less than a month, she will become a ten thousand yuan household. That was amazing. Then she will definitely become the first person in the town.

Xu Xiao Jiao could tell that this person was really not a liar. The certificate and the card were all genuine. The name of the company was very familiar to her. This entertainment company had a long history of development and was the most popular entertainment giant in the future. It was said that its predecessor was this entertainment company.

However, it was just that she wasn’t interested. In her previous life, someone wanted her to enter the entertainment industry, but she refused, “I’m sorry, I’m not interested in being a star. I let your trip be in vain.”

The man in sunglasses became anxious at once. He thought Xu Xiao Jiao didn't believe him, "I'm really not lying, Xu Xiao Jiao, I first caught my eyes on you from this clothing book. However, you are wearing a mask. I asked people in the mall and they all didn’t recognize you. I’ve been asking for a good few months before I found out that you live here. I’m here just for you. As long as you sign a contract with me, I promise to make you a bigger star than Liu Meiying.”

While he was talking, he took out the signed photos of himself and his stars to show to Xu Xiao Jiao. Xu Xiao Jiao wasn't interested. Liu Chun Yan saw a male star she liked and took it to look at.

Afterward, she was surprised, "Is it true?"

Seeing that Liu Chun Yan believed it, the man with sunglasses quickly continued to reassure, "It really can't be fake. We are not that kind of liar. All contracts signed need to be filed with the government."

Only then did Liu Chun Yan believe it. She became excited as soon as she believed it, "Xiao Jiao, Xiao Jiao, agree to it! Being a star! The first time I saw you, I thought you were a star."

The man in sunglasses was happy to have someone lobby for him. He even added fuel to the fire by saying how good it was to be a celebrity. Despite the two’s various rhetoric, it couldn't sway Xu Xiao Jiao's mind at all.

A star. Though they looked glamorous, in fact, they can’t eat or sleep well. They have to exercise all kinds of restraint in order to maintain their figure. It's exhausting! Besides, she had no interest in being famous or anything like that.

No matter how much persuasion, Xu Xiao Jiao didn't agree. In the end, she went directly home.

Liu Chun Yan had been convinced by the man in sunglasses. Seeing Xu Xiao Jiao leave, she became anxious, "Hey, Comrade Talent Scout, please give me some time. I will talk to Xiao Jiao again. I think she is particularly suitable to be a star. Don’t give up.”

The man in sunglasses didn't expect that the conversation would be unsuccessful. Still, he never considered giving up. While nodding, he also had a new idea. Xu Xiao Jiao didn't agree, what if her family members all agreed? It would be better for friends and relatives to persuade than him alone. 

"Thank you, thank you. I won't give up just like that. My eyesight isn’t wrong. Xu Xiao Jiao will definitely become a big star. Today is too sudden. I will go back to the guest house to prepare and find her another day."

He bid goodbye to Liu Chun Yan and prepared to go back to figure out how to act.

Xu Xiao Jiao didn't take this matter to heart at all and didn't tell her family when she got home.

So when the man in sunglasses came to visit her the next day while she wasn't at home, both Wu Chun Hua and Song Wei Ping were a little dumbfounded.

"Yesterday, I told Comrade Xu Xiao Jiao and she had no intention. So I just wanted to talk to you, her family members. If you think it's okay, help me persuade her."

The man in sunglasses changed into a very formal shirt and trousers this time, looking very decent. When he explained the purpose of his visit, Wu Chun Hua felt clueless, "This, this, you said, can earn a few thousand yuans a month. Is that true? "

The man in sunglasses nodded, "I never lie."

Song Wei Ping didn't hesitate at all, "Since she doesn't want to, it’s a no doesn't. You can go."

Wu Chun Hua was a little blinded by so much money at first, but at the sight of Son-in-law’s response, she instantly sobered up. This man specifically aimed for the family members to persuade her daughter when she wasn't at home. If she successfully persuaded her daughter and her daughter went to be a star, could Son-in-law and daughter still live together?

"Yes, yes, Wei Ping is right. There is no point in looking for us. I listen to my daughter about my family's affairs. If she doesn't want to, she doesn't want to. I won't agree with her going either. Don't waste your efforts. Just leave. "

The man in sunglasses said earnestly, "This is really a good opportunity. Think about it. Now the national policy is good, many new things are attracting everyone's attention. Xu Xiao Jiao is beautiful. This is the biggest advantage. Once television becomes popular, I guarantee that she will become popular very quickly. By then, people all over the country will know her and you will follow suit. How great taht will be. The thousands of yuans a month I mentioned are an understatement. Maybe tens of thousands a month isn’t a problem ah!"

Song Wei Ping couldn't listen any more, so he stood up to kick the person out, "No going."

Wu Chun Hua saw the closed door and then looked at Song Wei Ping's gloomy face. Her heart felt bad, "Wei Ping, don't worry. It’s my Mom who thought wrongly at first. Even if Xiao Jiao was willing to go become whatever star, Mom won't agree. "

The two have been married for so many years and still have no children. Some people have been gossiping. If the daughter goes out to become a star and is no longer at home in the future, then what is the point of calling them a couple?

Song Wei Ping nodded reluctantly, "Mom, if Xiao Jiao wants to go, I will support her. If she doesn't want to go, I will support her too."

After all, he would agree with whatever decision she made. If she really wanted to go, he would just go with her.

Wu Chun Hua felt sad when she heard this. When she saw her son-in-law entering the room, she sat at the door and waited for Xu Xiao Jiao.

Xu Xiao Jiao had forgotten about the scouting thing, because Liu Chun Yan said she would take the college entrance examination this year. So she agreed to send her some of the remaining review materials and help her highlight the key points.

When she came back, she saw Wu Chun Hua sitting in front of the gate, looking like she was in ready mode, "Mom, what are you doing here? It's getting hot and it's not cool at the gate."

When Wu Chun Hua saw her daughter carefree and acting like a child, she immediately felt sorry for her son-in-law, "Mom must tell you, no matter whether Wei Pingzhi supports you or not, I don't want you to be a star. No matter how much money is given to you, it’s not allowed. Just properly live your life with Wei Ping!"

Listening to Wu Chun Hua’s recount of the man in sunglasses’s visit to the house, Xu Xiao Jiao understood how Wu Chun Hua and Song Wei Ping knew about this, "Mom, I rejected him yesterday. Why do I want to be a star? I can't stand the restraint. I’m only willing to eat, drink and have fun at home.”

The seriousness on Wu Chun Hua's face collapsed in a moment and she instantly smiled. It would be the best if her daughter didn't go. She scolded, "I think you have been spoiled by Wei Ping."

She pulled Xu Xiao Jiao to have a heart to heart talk , "I saw Wei Ping looking very sad earlier. Think about how much he cares about you. He has never let you suffer any grievances in these years. If you really go to Shanghai to be a star, then what will happen to you couple?"

She sighed, "It’s like this, I said I won't let you go. And he still said that no matter what decision you make, he will support you. Oh, listen to Mom and properly be with Wei Ping. If you have a baby soon, Mom will feel at ease. .”

Xu Xiao Jiao selectively ignored the idea of having a baby. But when she heard Song Wei Ping's words of support for her, she felt a little mixed for a moment.

Just like Zhou Ping Xiang said, Song Wei Ping really couldn't be any nicer to her.

"Mom, I'm going to talk to Song Wei Ping." Xu Xiao Jiao suddenly wanted to talk to Song Wei Ping. "Don't worry, I definitely don't want to be a star. I am willing to live with you in our small town."

Once Wu Chun Hua was completely reassured, she headed toward the main room's bedroom.

In the bedroom, Song Wei Ping was sitting at the table by the window as usual. He was reading a book seriously. Don’t know if it was because of Xu Xiao Jiao's state of mind, she felt that Song Wei Ping was a little lonely.

"Song Wei Ping." Xu Xiao Jiao called him softly.

When Song Wei Ping heard the noise, he turned to look at her. His voice was the same as before, "You're back?"

Xu Xiao Jiao nodded, "I heard from Mom that some talent scout came to our house?"

Song Wei Ping hummed in confirmation, "Do you want to go?"

Xu Xiao Jiao asked, "Do you want me to go?"

Song Wei Ping looked at her, "It's up to you."

Xu Xiao Jiao saw that he was still tolerant of her decision and suddenly became angry, "Liar! Song Wei Ping, you’re lying!"

She approached him and sat at the table next to him, "Song Wei Ping, look into my eyes and tell me if you want me to go."

Song Wei Ping turned to look at her. She was so beautiful. Bright eyebrows, white teeth, sweet, and alluring As the man in sunglasses said, she got an unforgettable appearance. Even though she was wearing a mask in the brochure, her silent temperament was still present. It attracted someone to look for her for a few months, because the other person thought she was worth it.

She was indeed worthy. Song Wei Ping once thought that she was worthy of all the good things. He wanted to give her everything she wanted.

Bicycles, watches, televisions, new houses, everything. He wanted to make her happy, but he still felt like he couldn't catch her. No matter when, the feeling that would leave at any time would pop out.

Song Wei Ping suddenly took action and hugged Xu Xiao Jiao tightly, "No, I don't want you to go."

At this moment, he really wanted to tear up his disguise, hug her, possess her, and even lock her up so that no one could discover her beauty. She could only be his! Song Wei Ping's!

"You are mine." Song Wei Ping's voice was low.

Xu Xiao Jiao's whole body was surrounded by Song Wei Ping's smell. She was already somewhat familiar with Song Wei Ping's smell. He always had that gentle smell. A light aroma of grass and trees, which made people unconsciously want to indulge in.

She raised her head in his arms and their eyes met.

The affection in Song Wei Ping's eyes was easy to interpret. His Adam's apple moved slightly, "Don't leave."

In this life, don’t leave.

Don't leave, I'm afraid I won't be able to help hurt you.

Xu Xiao Jiao reached out and hugged him, "Song Wei Ping, how many times has it been and you still think I would leave."

On a rare chance, she obediently let him hold her. Her mouth was counting.

"That time when the college entrance examination can be taken. You know, if I wanted to take the college entrance examination, I would definitely be able to pass it. But I didn't. I stayed with you."

"Later, the educated youth were able to return to the city. I was no longer an educated youth, so I definitely couldn't return to the city. You were still afraid of me leaving at that time."

She looked up at him, "Are you worried again this time? I promise, I won't leave, okay?"

Song Wei Ping looked at her serious expression and nodded gently.

Xu Xiao Jiao laughed and pinched each of his cheeks with both hands, "Song Wei Ping, why are you so insecure?"

Song Wei Ping shook his head honestly, "I’m not."

During the college entrance examination, he could let her go. When the educated youth returned to the city, even if he was sad, he could bear the pain and let her go. But now, he couldn't let her go no matter what.

Xu Xiao Jiao sighed. She got to reflect on herself, "Song Wei Ping, I will not go anywhere. Even if I go, I will only go with you. Do you understand?" 

Song Wei Ping stared at her without blinking, "Jiao Jiao."

In the afternoon of early summer, the atmosphere in the quiet room gradually became chaotic. The two young hearts beat at the same rate.

"Xiao Jiao, that talent scout is here again!" Wu Chun Hua's voice sounded irritated at the door of the hall, "I tried to talk it over with him, but he stayed at the gate and refused to leave. It even attracted many neighbors. You better come out quickly and drive him away with Wei Ping."

Xu Xiao Jiao looked at the thin lips of a certain person who was just a hair away from her and laughed out loud.

Song Wei Ping looked at her with infinite resentment. It was hard for her to be so good, but someone always had to come to spoil the excitement.

"Stop messing, let's go. I can hear Grandmother's voice. Let's talk properly when we get back." Xu Xiao Jiao stretched out her hand to tug on his sleeve to coax him.

Song Wei Ping took a deep breath and hugged Xu Xiao Jiao tightly, "I won't let him come again."

Xu Xiao Jiao nodded, feeling that she could be infinitely patient with Song Wei Ping now, "Don't let him come. No matter who comes or what the conditions are, I won't leave."

The dark clouds on Song Wei Ping's face cleared up. He took Xu Xiao Jiao's hand and walked out.

Xu Xiao Jiao's idea was simple. She could just make it clear to the man in sunglasses and ask him to leave quickly. However, she completely underestimated the power of the masses.

Previous



Links:

Table of Content
Become a Patron!
Feed Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment