Monday 30 September 2024

Give me the blazing sun 8




Chapter 8


"Okay, I'll get someone to pay attention and notify you if there is any problem."

"Thank you." Qin Ruyue stretched on the sofa.

"Tired from rectifying Qin's hotel business?" I asked.

"Tired." She half-closed her eyes and raised the corners of her lips, "But this is the first time in my life that I'm so happy to be tired. It's really different to have power in my own hands."

"This feeling is much better than dating."

She opened her eyes and looked at me.

"It’s good that you like it." I smiled and my eyebrows curved.

After that, Shen Ye never harassed me again. I spent most of my energy on the project in the laboratory.

That was until the second year before the Lu shareholders' meeting. I was still sorting data in the laboratory when I suddenly received a call from Secretary Lin from Lu Yanci’s side.

I picked up the phone. It was Lu Yanci's voice on the other end: "Wenwen, don't be afraid. There’s Elder Brother."

It was then that I realized that someone had revealed the story of my biological mother on the Internet and exposed that I wasn’t the biological daughter of Father Lu.

[Oh my God, this is too ruinous to the norms. Lu Yuwen is not only an illegitimate daughter, but also a bastard born by her mother and another man outside. 】

【This mom was awesome enough. Not only is she a mistress, she also cheated on Father Lu. How explosive. 】

【It’s revealed that her mom has a mental illness. This won't be hereditary, right? 】

【How can Lu Group let someone who may be at risk of mental illness be the project leader? 】

...

I looked at the various opinions on the Internet, squeezed my palms, closed my eyes, and took deep breaths several times before I calmed myself down a little.

"Elder Brother, I'm fine. I will get to the bottom of this."

"No need to investigate." As soon as I finished speaking, Qin Ruyue hurried in and threw a stack of information in front of me, "It's Shen Ye."

"Shen Ye..." Lu Yanci repeated in a low voice on the other end of the phone. Then he said to me, "Your friend is here, so you can chat first. Remember, we will always be a family."

"Elder Brother, thank you. Don't worry, I will take care of everything." I said.

Lu Yanci sighed softly: "Since you want to solve it yourself, I will let Assistant Lin go back today. Lu Group will cooperate with any decision you make."

After hanging up the phone, Qin Ruyue pulled me into her car.

I looked through the information she brought in the car and sighed: "I didn't expect Shen Ye to get these things."

"He seized this point and questioned the legitimacy of your participation in Lu Group's project. He wants to take advantage of Lu Group's shareholders' meeting to pull you down. No wonder he has been in contact with a few shareholders of Lu Group during this period. This man is really lowly. He keeps saying how much he loves you, but he doesn't do anything humane."

Qin Ruyue asked, "But you... are really not the daughter of the Lu Family?"

"Didn't you ask me before why I didn’t mercilessly push Shen Ye to the edge?" I said softly, "Let me tell you a story."

I started from how Father Lu took a fancy to my mom, how my mom escaped with the help of Auntie Lin, and was found by Father Lu because of the robbery.

My biological mother was injured in the brain during the robbery. Sometimes, she was in a muddle and sometimes she was clear-minded.

At first, I thought I was the illegitimate daughter of Father Lu and no one in the Lu Family mentioned it.

Father Lu did it out of guilt as well as wanted to use me to control my biological mother.

Auntie Lin did it out of sympathy. Although she came from a major household, she couldn't decide her own life like my mom. She could only obey the arrangements of her family, give up her artistic pursuits, and marry Father Lu.

As for my elder brother, I remembered the first time I saw him. Maybe he was just pestered by me and there was nothing he could do.

But no matter what, I really felt that I had a family at that time.

I said, "It may sound a bit conscienceless to say this, because my mom is actually a very good mother."

Although she had a hard time taking care of me because she had to avoid the Lu Family, she did give me a childhood full of love.

"But a poor single mother who is pregnant before marriage will inevitably face some difficulties and malice in this society."

I was seven years old that year, just starting elementary school, and could already understand the gap in the world.

At that time, the parents of a classmate in the class were the managers of the only chain supermarket in the town. His parents enrolled him in English cram school when he was in kindergarten.

"At that time, I thought it was great that he could say a few simple sentences in English."

Even when he invited us to his house for his birthday party, it was my first time taking the elevator.

I was so nervous that I had to prepare myself mentally to press the elevator button. I felt that the classmate's action of pressing the floor so casually was full of aura.

"But later I went to the Lu Family, got the best foreign teachers and could stay abroad for a long time every year. In just two years, I could communicate with people in not only English, but also French. I could speak many words even though I didn't know them at all.

"At that time, I understood that there are many things in this world that poor people can't do, not because they don't work hard enough.

"Especially on my tenth birthday, Father Lu bought a yacht in my name and held a birthday party for me on it.

"At that party, I was the only owner and could control everything on the yacht. That was the first time I felt what power was so accurately.

"I also have a deeper understanding of how life would be limited by being born at the bottom because of the lack of material and environment and couldn't afford the cost of trial and error.

"I didn't want to go back to the original environment anymore."

I stopped and continued after a long pause, "Like this, I caused my mom to die."

Qin Ruyue was stunned, not knowing what to say.

I just continued to tell that story.

After my mom was taken back to the Lu Family, she lived in the villa and had special medical care.


No comments:

Post a Comment