Friday 26 July 2024

LPMM 14




 Chapter 14 Kunshan Jade Shattered

Chai Jing tried hard to restrain herself and didn’t show any abnormality. She picked up the tea on the table and pretended to drink tea to calm herself down.

She had heard the name "Chen Changmo" in Luo Jin's internal voice before. It turned out that this person was in the Imperial Music House.

[Why did his Majesty let the Princess be the music envoy? Strange...]

[The old emperor is a shrewd man. All his actions cannot be without purpose. Chen Changmo is Hanyuan's spy. The emperor must have sensed that the music house was abnormal, so he sent the Princess to investigate.]

[But the emperor could never have imagined that his move would actually ruin his daughter!]

Luo Jin took a deep breath to make herself look calm, and said, "This subordinate is a little curious. Where did the previous music envoy go? Why did the music envoy suddenly change?"

Chai Jing frowned, "This... I haven't thought about it. I have to go to my elder brother to check it out tomorrow."

[Chen Changmo, I will never let you get close to the Crown Princess!]

[Hmph, just watch how I... this subordinate deals with you! Bastard!]

...

That night, Chai Heng came to Lihua Palace to talk to Chai Jing. The two of them dismissed all the palace maids and closed the door.

The few maids whispered, "Strange, they didn't avoid us when they talked before!"

"Yes, we won't spread it and will pretend we didn't hear it."

Seeing Luo Jin standing in the yard, the few maids approached her to talk.

"Congratulations, I heard the Princess wants you to be her deputy envoy? You're a female official now!"

"I'm so envious, the Princess has suddenly taken a special liking to you recently. Do you have any experience to share with us?"

Luo Jin scratched her head, "I don't know..."

She didn't know why the Princess suddenly became so close to her. She obviously didn't do anything...

Could it be... personality charm?

Few maids looked at each other. They weren't surprised. How could Luo Jin casually tell them the way to please the Princess?

……

"I will move to the new house tomorrow," Chai Heng said, "I specially reserved a yard for you. If you don't want to live in the palace, you can live with me. My house is really big. There are several acres of land in the back garden. There are all kinds of fruit trees and many rare animals. There are peacocks, sika deer, monkeys... ah, and iron-eating beasts!"

"Okay! Clean up the room for me, I will live there anytime." Chai Jing glanced at Chai Heng. Seeing the smile on his lips, she couldn't help but raise her eyebrows, "I won't bring Jin'er with me when I live there. I will go alone!"

"Why?" Chai Heng's smile disappeared instantly, "Don't you like her?"

"Tsk..." Chai Jing pouted, "You want me to bring Jin'er to live there, not for me to live there Right? I saw through your little thoughts at a glance. Speaking of which...how is your emotional injury? Still heartbroken?"

"What emotional injury?"

"You don't even remember who Qin Huaying is? I haven't heard you ask her how she's doing recently..."

Chai Heng frowned, "Why should I ask about her? She has nothing to do with me."

Chai Jing smiled, "Like I said, Jin'er can heal your wounded heart, right? Speaking of which, I've been thinking about it seriously recently. I always feel that there's something different about Jin'er."

Chai Heng nodded and said, "I know. From the information I've got so far, she's not from this world. Our world is a novel to her and she knows how this world will develop in the future. Sometimes we can hear her inner voice. Of course, she is different from others. "

Chai Jing shook her head, "Not these, I mean her as a person. Second Elder Brother, if someone else hears your inner voice, what do you think that person will think of you?"

Chai Heng was stunned. His face became a little ugly, "My inner voice...cannot be heard! Too...too dirty. If it’s really heard...the person who hears it will hate me to the max, right?"

"..."Chai Jing rolled her eyes at him, "Yes, me too. If someone really hears my true thoughts, that person will definitely hate me to the core. Because I have too much evil hidden in my heart. For example, toward Qin Huaying. I have known her since childhood and have always been good friends. But I envy her from the bottom of my heart. I don't know how to be with her. I didn't want her to live a good life. If there really is such a day when I can decide her life or death... I might let her die! All this isn't because she hurts you, but because I am jealous that she is prettier and better than me..."

She took a sip of tea and continued, "Even the Crown Prince brother who dotes me dearly, I sometimes think that if he isn't here, won’t I have the opportunity to fight for the position of crown prince... But this thought is faint and I will not really do it. Second Elder Brother, you also have such evil thoughts in your heart, right?"

Chai Heng stared at her blankly, "So… you thought like this?"

Chai Jing was suddenly shocked, "No way... I am the only one who has so many evil thoughts? Only me? Am I the only bad guy?"

"That's not the case. I also have evil thoughts and malice born out of jealousy and greed, but I don't necessarily commit evil deeds." Chai Heng said, "I think everyone is like this... Sometimes I envy the Crown Prince, but I also admire him and know that I can never compare to him."

Chai Jing sighed, "But she doesn't, right?"

She looked up at the bright moon in the sky, "Just like this pure white moonlight. Isn't it strange? She has ordinary people's emotions, love and hate, greed, selfishness, but not like us with malice. If I were her, what would I think of the Princess? A princess who relies on her birth to step on people’s heads. Would I... really want her to die? Other palace maids think so, right? If I hear such a voice, I will definitely hate her, right? "

She looked at Chai Heng, "Except for you, I hold some degree of malice toward everyone around me."

"Except... me?"

"Nonsense! You are my biological brother, The closest person I have, how could I have any malice?"

Chai Heng was silent for a long time, then looked up at her, "What about Luo Jin? What is your malice?"

Chai Jing was stunned, "This... seemed to be none."

...

The next morning, Chai Jing took Luo Jin to see the Crown Prince and inquired about the situation of the previous music envoy.

When Chai Qi saw Chai Jing, he smiled and said, "My younger sister is really smart. I knew you would come to me. Father said you won't think of this and won't come at all. But I said you will definitely come! I have long prepared it for you!"

It was the first time that Luo Jin saw the rumored crown prince. He was handsome and dignified. Although he was smiling, the aura was still awe-inspiring.

She only took one look at him and felt that he was a big shot who couldn't be provoked.

Luo Jin remembered that in the novel, the crown prince Chai Qi was a powerful person. He met all the requirements of a crown prince; such as integrity, bravery, and strength can be used to describe him. The emperor was fond of him.

Although they weren't born of the same mother, their current relationship with Chai Jing was obviously close, which was consistent with the description in the novel. Luo Jin remembered that Chai Qi doted on Chai Jing, his half-sister. After Chai Jing was killed, Chai Qi put down everything and rushed back to avenge her. He caught Chen Changmo, who killed the Princess, and directly executed him by slow slicing.

Chai Qi picked up a stack of papers, "Here are all the files of this case, take a look."

"Case? Why did it become a case? Wasn't it said that his mother was sick and he took the initiative to resign to fulfill his filial duty?" Chai Jing took the file in astonishment and took a look, "Missing?"

"Yes, he disappeared. No one knew where he went. It happened in the Imperial Music House. Seven days ago, no one saw him come out after he went in." Chai Qi's face was solemn, "I don't agree with Royal Father handing this case to you. Imperial Music House isn't a safe place and you may be in danger. Why don't I find you another job to do and send someone to investigate this matter."

Luo Jin pulled Chai Jing and whispered, "Princess, it sounds so scary, don't go?"

[If you don't go to Imperial Music House, you won't meet Chen Changmo and the Princess will be safe! ]

[Don't go! Please! ]

Chai Jing suddenly heard Luo Jin's internal voice and couldn't help but stare back at her.

Hearing her voice at this time meant that she had a strong wish. She really didn't want her to go.

"I'll go!" Chai Jing said, "I don't like to escape. Even if there is danger, I will choose to face it. Escape can't solve the problem."

She looked into Luo Jin's eyes and whispered, "Sorry."

"Princess... don't need to apologize to me."

[Since you must go, I will accompany you. ]

[Isn't it just Chen Changmo? I want to see how beautiful this most beautiful man in the book is! I hope the Princess has enough self-control and will never be bewitched by male beauty. ]

[Chen Changmo is a spy of Hanyuan Kingdom. In order to get the city defense map, he deliberately schemed to approach the Princess. The Princess is a love-brained person and was used by him to help him get the city defense map. Later, the Princess discovered his plan and wanted to stop it. He killed her to silence her and killed all her maids. That's how I died. 】

Chai Qi smiled, "As expected of the daughter of our Chai family! Since you have made up your mind, I will not object. I will send people to secretly protect you. As long as you go out, there will be at least three eighth-level hidden guards following you and they will definitely ensure your safety."

Chai Jing said with a smile, "Elder Brother, you really dote me. Three eighth-level hidden guards... There aren’t many eighth-level hidden guards among your hidden guards, right?"

Luo Jin remembered that Liu Shu, whom she helped to capture before, was eighth-level. Although he was completely incomparable to ninth-level masters like He Xiao and Yue Qinghai, he was already a rare master. In the setting of the novel, the max combat power was the top five ninth-level masters, then followed by eighth-level masters.

Eighth-level masters were also divided into three levels: upper, middle, and lower. Every breakthrough in one level will greatly improve the force value. Luo Jin estimated that the three hidden guards were at the lower or middle level of the eighth level. She remembered that the force value of the eighth-level was also high. If an upper eighth level appeared, the three hidden guards wouldn’t be able to deal with it.

So they still couldn't let their guard down.

Only then, Chai Qi noticed Luo Jin. He only glanced at her casually, "You are Jing'er's deputy envoy, right? Take good care of the Crown Princess!"

Luo Jin nodded, "Yes!"

...

After returning from the Crown Prince's Palace, Luo Jin received the female official uniform sent by Chai Jing. After she put it on, she felt energized. She looked at the mirror for a long time. At Chai Jing's urging, she went out and got on the carriage and rushed to the Imperial Music House with her.

"I packed some things to move to my Second Elder Brother's house. We won't go back to the palace tonight. Let's go to my Second Elder Brother's new house to play!" Chai Jing was excited when she went out, "I heard that it's fun. He will wait for us to play after he tidy it up."

As they talked, they arrived at the Imperial Music House, which was a three-story building facing the street and had two guards guarding the door. Seeing Chai Jing get off the carriage, the guards knelt down from a distance and saluted, "Welcome to Her Highness, Princess!"

Chai Jing casually uttered, "Raise."

Then she led Luo Jin into the Imperial Music House.

All the musicians had gathered in the main hall on the first floor in two rows and saluted Chai Jing.

"Okay, all of you raise." Chai Jing glanced at the crowd and immediately saw a man with an outstanding appearance.

Luo Jin's heart tightened when she noticed Chai Jing's gaze.

Was this damn bad fate about to begin?

No comments:

Post a Comment