Thursday 16 November 2023

When Green Tea Encounter Love Brain 7




 Winter is coming soon. At this time in previous years, our family would go to Fangwu Mountain to stay for a few days.

It is the place where my parents met. It used to be a school. My mother was the swordsmanship teacher there. Later, the students moved to another place and my Father bought it and turned it into a residence.

My Elder Sister has been busy with palace battles in the past few years, but this year she finally finds time to build a snowman in the yard with little niece.

My mother is practicing swordplay, while my Father is holding a hand warmer on the swing.

For some reason, I bring Shen Yue with me this year.

My Father and my Elder Sister looks at each other and raise their eyebrows in unison.

Shen Yue greets them respectfully.

My mother doesn't notice anything is wrong in the atmosphere and nodded gently: "Shen Yue, you come at the right time. Practice swordsmanship with me."

While the two are discussing, my Elder Sister hands her niece to the maid and takes me outside.

"Why did you bring him here? I thought you and Lin Yubai would be together in private."

"Why him?"

"Quarrelsome couple ah! Look at how angry you are in front of him. You can roll your eyes to the sky."

...

I put on a bitter face. My Elder Sister finally stops teasing me.

"Sincerity is hard to find. It's hard to be happy between two people. Shen Yue is really lucky to have my Younger Sister treat him differently."

I asks the doubts in my heart: "Why did Elder Sister enter the palace back then?"

She ponders for a moment before replying, "Maybe I was too bored and want to tame an emperor for everyone to see."

...

When we go back, my Father and Shen Yue are playing chess.

Snowflakes are falling from the sky. The snow on the ground makes my shoes and socks wet. I go back to the room to change them out, but see a brocade box on top of the dressing table.

I open it and inside is a crabapple hairpin with the word "Shan" engraved on it.

I ask the maid that is stationed here: "Who gifted this?"

The maid says: "Have you forgotten, Miss? Official Lin sent someone to deliver it a year ago. At that time, Miss was choosing a husband."

I search my mind for a moment. It seems to be this case.

At that time, I didn't pay much attention to what he gave me and just threw it here. Now that I think about it, it can’t be that Lin Yubai like me, right?

Thinking of this, I'm horrified. A subtle weird feeling slowly arose in my heart.

The person who goes against me actually likes me in his heart? Because liking me, he will oppose me at every corner?

Truly seeing a ghost. This is even scarier than Shen Yue giving birth to a child.

Shen Yue comes in from outside, sees my distorted expression, and asks, "What's wrong with this hairpin?"

He moves closer and reads out the word "Lin" engraved on the other side of the hairpin.

Now it is his turn to have a distorted expression.

There is an eerie silence in the room. Shen Yue quickly returns to normal. He pulls me to the bedside and sits down. He half-crouches on the ground and changes out my wet shoes and socks.

Perhaps in order to break the awkward atmosphere, he chuckles and says, "Be more careful next time. I’m pretending I didn't see it this time."

Me:......

He looks up at me: "Shanshan, you don't have to feel guilty. In fact, it doesn't matter whether you love me or not. As long as you are willing to be by my side and let me love you, that's fine."

...

Guilt? I can only do the opposite.

I sigh faintly: "Shen Yue, I always thought you are different from other men. But it turns out you also think of me like this."

? Shen Yue blinks, looking confused.

"It doesn't matter. Even if you want to divorce me, I won't blame you."

"How is that possible? Shen Yue will only have you as my wife in this life."

"Really? But you don't seem to trust me at all."

Shen Yue is silent and says, "Shanshan, I love you, so those things aren’t important."

"But Shen Yue, trust is very important. Too many misunderstandings mixing together will slowly consume all love." I changes my voice, "You can ask me what this hairpin is about. Why did Lin Yubai give me this?"

He utters in surprise: "Can I ask? I thought you would find me being so nosy and annoying."

I open my mouth but am rendered speechless for a moment.

Shen Yue is simple and straightforward in his emotions. He is completely a master of wild vegetables.

I don't know what he understood from my silence. He holds my wrist and smiles brightly: "So Shanshan is concerned about me now and is afraid that I will be sad because of these misunderstandings?"

...

Very good, I don’t need to waste my brain power to fool him. He is very good at lying to himself.

My Elder Sister originally wants to invite us to eat, but she overhears our conversation and claps her hands in declaration, "It makes sense. Shen Yue, please come to the table to eat. Clip a piece of meat for yourself to eat to replenish your brain, ah no, your body."

1 comment: