Sunday 12 November 2023

When Green Tea Encounter Love Brain 5




 I was kidnapped by Lin Yubai for three days. I had insomnia for three days because I recognized my bed.

He is surprised and says: "Wasn't it also your first time going to Shen Manor? How come you don't have this weird problem?"

I lay on the soft couch and shake my head weakly: "I don't know. Maybe the fragrance of Shen Yue's body helps me sleep."

It’s a lie. It’s because it took me a long time to get used to the bed in Shen's house. I couldn't sleep at first. Also, I still sleep in a separate room with Shen Yue.

Lin Yubai put a thin blanket on me and says, "I'm not in the capital at that time. You'd better not lie to me."

I don’t know if it is due to my insomnia and delusion, but I actually see some tenderness from him.

I put aside this weird thought and says, "Believe if you want."

"Chu Shanshan, do you know that every time you lie to me, you..." He pauses and changes the subject, "The begonia flowers are blooming again. The year is almost over."

I'm puzzled and asks, "I what?"

"I won't tell you."

I hate this person so much.

That night, Shen Yue finds me.

Wearing night clothes, he squats in front of my bed and pushes me awake.

I'm confused for a while before complaining: "Why are you so slow? If Lin Yubai wanted to kill me, grass would already grow on my grave."

Shen Yue pulls the cloak aside, put it on me, picks me up, and whispers: "My fault. It was me who was too willful and failed to protect you. When you go back, punish me by kneeling on the washboard. If I don’t kneel it until it’s smooth, I am not allowed to get up."

Just as we are about to escape successfully, torches lit up this remote courtyard.

Lin Yubai walks out of the darkness with a bow in his hand. Looking at Shen Yue, he says regretfully: "I thought as a military general, Official Shen’s brain should not be this smart."

Shen Yue responds: "Truly sorry that Official Lin doesn’t get what you want."

Lin Yubai withdraws the smile on his face, raises his bow and points it at us.

"Put her down and you can leave in peace."

"What if I don't let her go? Will Official Lin shoot the imperial official on the spot?"

"There is no Official Shen here. Just a little thief who broke into my house at night." Lin Yubai chuckles lightly, "Shen Yue, do you want to see who is faster, my arrows or you?"

Shen Yue put me down and says, "Then let's compare."

Lin Yubai curves his eyes: "There are thirty arrows in total. If General Shen can dodge them all, I will let you two leave safely."

I try to ease the tense atmosphere and increase the probability of the two of them getting out safely: "Don't be like this. What are you guys doing? Everyone is destined to meet each other and are still colleagues in the officialdom. You’ll see each other frequently, so why bother to fight? Why don’t we just sit down, have a meal and drink tea in a calm manner?”

Lin Yubai says lightly: "Rivalry and jealousy, can't you tell? Shanshan, you got to be secretly happy in your heart."

My smile freezes on my face and my expression instantly turns ugly as if I have eaten poop. Lin Yubai is really disgusting.

"Look at you, you are so happy that your face is frozen with laughter."

The competition starts soon. I hid on the promenade to watch. Lin Yubai's movement of drawing the bow and shooting arrows almost never stopped and the arrows shot toward Shen Yue's eyebrows.

Suddenly, a hidden arrow flew towards me. Almost at the same time, Shen Yue stand in front of me and blocks it for me.

Hearing the dull sound of arrows piercing flesh and blood, Shen Yue tilts his head and smiles, saying, "Official Lin, not all of your people are from your own family."

On the surface, he seems to be fine, but after speaking, his true state is revealed.

I quickly hug the fallen Shen Yue and says angrily: "Lin Yubai, you don't keep your word. You are cheating!"

Lin Yubai's face turns pale. Mixed emotions fill his eyes. He opens his mouth, as if he wants to say something to me. In the end, he turns to the servant beside him and states, "Send them back."

The arrow has passed through Shen Yue's back. The doctor spends a lot of effort to take out the arrow and save his life.

I stay by Shen Yue's bed, waiting for him to wake up.

After all, he is injured because of me. If he really dies, I will have an uneasy conscience.

Three days later, Shen Yue wakes up, but with amnesia.

He sits on the bed and asks doubtfully: "Who are you?"

I stare at him intently for a long time and asks, "Do you really not remember me?"

Shen Yue shakes his head: "Sorry, Miss, I have no impression of you."

The servants in the manor cast sympathetic glances at me. I clutches my chest, looking disappointed, and says, "I am your wife, but you don't like me at all. You even divorced me for someone else."

Shen Yue looks confused.

I wipe the corners of my eyes with a handkerchief and say, "This is fine. Since you can't remember me, you can't remember our broken relationship. That's very good. Just write me a letter of divorce. From now on , you and I will never meet again."

The servants in the manor cast sympathetic glances at Shen Yue.

Shen Yue covers his head and says in pain: "Ah! My head hurts so much. I want to take a rest. We will talk about this later."

I ask in suspicion: "Didn't you hurt your chest?"

After crying out in pain, Shen Yue covers his chest and says, "The pain is so painful that I start talking nonsense, Shan..."

He instantly covers his mouth, silently pulls up the corner of the quilt and hides himself in it.

"Okay, Shen Yue! It turns out you are lying to me! I was thinking your head wasn’t injured, so how can you lose your memory?"

Shen Yue muffledly responds inside: "I'm afraid that you will bring up the matter of separation again after I wake up. Unforeseen, you still bring it up under such circumstances."

"Since you have lost your memory and are no longer the Shen Yue I know, I naturally have no intention of living on."

"Then you mean you still want to be with me?" Shen Yue lifts the quilt and meets my gaze, "Do you like me?"

I answer without thinking: "Shen Yue, I am your wife, so naturally I like you."

The smile on Shen Yue's face gradually faded. He says, "Not as my wife. As Chu Shanshan, the real side that Lin Yubai talked about. Tell me, Shanshan, do you like me?"

I freeze. The scene of him blocking an arrow for me instantly appears in my mind. The lies are stuck at the tip of my tongue. I says, "Actually, I am only moved."

Shen Yue laughs. He holds my hand and put it against his face, saying, "As long as I am sincere enough, being moved will turn into love."

My heart skips a beat. I avoid his hot gaze.

At this moment, I feel that Shen Yue is more like green tea than me.

1 comment:

  1. Shen Yue be like: abort mission! Abort mission!

    ReplyDelete