Tuesday 21 November 2023

When Green Tea Encounter Love Brain 9




 After Shen Yue returns, he sends me a letter every day. I feel that we have only been apart for a few days and I don't miss him much, so I don't reply.

It’s until the servant Xiao Li who delivers the letter says: "Madam, just give the general a reply. Even if you write the word "Scram", it will be fine. It's already annoying to be on duty and the general still asks Subordinate every day. Subordinate really want to hit the wall."

So I wrote a letter to Shen Yue. I hear that he shows it off to everyone he meets. No matter what he is discussing, he would always end up saying: "En, that's right. My wife wrote a letter specifically yesterday to tell me this."

It is already the twelfth lunar month when Shen Yue comes to pick me up. I'm building a snowman outside. And when I look up, I see him standing in front of me.

He smiles and says, "Long time no see, Shanshan. Did you miss me?"

I stretch out my hands toward him. He put them in his arms to cover them.

I say, "I did."

Just one letter from him every day is hard to forget.

When an old green tea guy like my Father sees those letters, he hisses and remarks, "Shen Yue, this unlucky child. He can eat only wild vegetables for the rest of his life."

Bidding goodbye to Father and Mother, we return to Shen Manor.

The house is filled with red lanterns, quite a festive vibe.

I look at Shen Yue who is holding my hand and says, "Let's spend New Year's Eve at home."

He nods without hesitation: "Okay."

"Can you set off firecrackers? My mother can. Every time my Father pretends to be scared and hides next to my mother so that my mother can comfort him.

It's the same thing every year and my mother is fooled every year. This year we will go there on the first day of the new year. You go and set off firecrackers to expose my father’s true face. "

"Hahahahahahaha, this way, won't you get beaten..." He instantly catches on. His voice trembles, "You say home? Is this here?"

I nod: "Yes, it's my second home."

Shen Yue curves his lips and smiles. He looks a little aggrieved: "I also have a home."

He hugs me, rests his chin on the top of my hair, and says in a muffled voice: "When I was young, the kids my age always told me to scram back to my home, but I have no home. I don't know where to go.

"I remember when I was twelve years old, someone said that again and I ran out. I kept running until I fell.

"At that time, I thought, why do I not have a home when everyone else has a home? Will I always be alone?

"Shanshan, I'm actually very afraid of being alone. Every year during the New Year, I look at the lively scenes and feel like I'm out of place. But this year, when I look at those red lanterns, I feel very happy." He sniffs his nose and says, "It's nice to have you by my side."

I pats his back and comforts him: "I will be by your side from now on. You can always be so happy."

"I don't believe it. You have to make a pinky promise with me."

"You are so childish. This is a game that only children play."

"I had no friends when I'm a child..."

"Okay." I sigh. I let go of him and stretch out my little finger, "Pinky promise."

He hooks his little finger on mine and says, "It won't change for a hundred years."

"If change..."

"Shen Yue is a little dog." Shen Yue stamps his seal with satisfaction, "The oath has been set. I must always be happy, otherwise I will turn into a little dog."

Me:……

1 comment: