Sunday 5 November 2023

When Green Tea Encounter Love Brain 1




Our family of four, except my mother, are all green tea.

My mother was once the most beautiful woman in the capital. The people who pursued her were either powerful Wangye or generals with great military exploits. However, she married my weak, dependent illegitimate child Father.

That was due to my Father’s original tea science.

Ever since I can remember, the aroma of tea has been everywhere in my home. It’s hard for my elder sister and I to not grow into little green teas.

My Elder Sister had been eager to learn since she was a child and is much better than me. Being tea all the way into the emperor's harem and became a noble concubine.

As for me, I’m already the emperor's younger sister-in-law. There is no need to develop the profound knowledge of tea science. So I threw it to the back of my brain and started to waste my life.

That was until the first year of marriage with Shen Yue. He victoriously came back from the border and brought back a weak woman.

Shen Yue puts his arms around my shoulders and whispers to me: "Her name is Meng Yun. She is the daughter of my father's previous old army. This time I brought her to the capital because I was entrusted by two elderly to help her find a good marriage. Madam, you have to help me carefully look around." 

He half-jokingly says, "After all, Madam has a good eye when choosing from all the royal younger generation and gentlemen and picked Husband."

Me:……

The reason why I married him was entirely because my Father said that my tea skills weren’t the best and my body wasn’t strong enough. So I needed to find a lovebrain person.

Then he selected Shen Yue among many people.

I can't tell at all.

I nod: "This is because my Father has good eyes. I will ask my Father when I go back in a few days."

Shen Yue pinches my cheek and says, "Wife really loves to joke."

The next day, Meng Yun comes to see me.

She has changed from her cautious and pitiful attitude yesterday and starts showing off her might in front of me.

“To be able to marry a great hero like Elder Brother Shen, I thought you were some kind of beauty. Now that I see you today, you’re nothing much."

Me:?

"Chu Shanshan, I heard that you are in poor health and still don't allow other women to approach Elder Brother Shen. What qualifications do you have to disallow Elder Brother Shen from taking concubines?"

I wonder: "Who did you hear it from?"

Meng Yun smiles softly and says, "Of course it's Elder Brother Shen. Other married soldiers received letters from their wives at home. While Elder Brother Shen didn't receive one. He says that you are weak and it is very tiring to write letters. Now from the look of it, your body seems quite healthy. It’s clearly Elder Brother Shen who doesn’t like you. That’s why he doesn’t want to accept your letter.”

Me:……

"Elder Brother Shen is wise and heroic. Many girls at the border are vying to marry him, but he says that the family has strict rules and doesn’t allow concubines. What man doesn't like three wives and four concubines? You are obviously a jealous woman and disallow Elder Brother Shen from taking in concubines!"

At this time, footsteps sound from the yard.

Meng Yun's eyes lit up. She reaches out and slaps herself.

This all-too-familiar scene aroused my long-ago memory. I reflexively fall to the ground and look out the door with tears in my eyes.

I remember now. This is the famous scene when my Father framed his love rival when I was seven years old.

The next moment, Shen Yue appears at the door.

"It's not Younger Sister’s fault. It's my own carelessness that I didn't stand firm." I raise my neck slightly. After taking a fragile and beautiful posture, I cover my face and cry like pear blossom carrying rain, "My face is also from falling."

Though it looks really weak, it carries a bit of strength; pitiful with a hint of beauty.

Meng Yun is confused by my coherent movements and freezes on the spot for a moment.

Shen Yue picks me up and orders his servants to fetch the doctor. He looks at Meng Yun in displeasure: "What are you doing here?"

Only then does Meng Yun remember to explain. She half-lower her head, revealing her fair and delicate neck, and says softly: "Elder Brother Shen, when Yun-er first came to your house, I only knew you. It’s just that looking for you all day long would cause others to misunderstand.

"I heard from Elder Brother Shen that Elder Sister is a very easy person to get along with. So I wanted to come and play with her.

"It's just that as soon as Yun-er entered the door, I don't know what happened, but Elder Sister suddenly fell down."

Shen Yue's face is gloomy. He ignores a large section of the previous paragraph and asks, "Suddenly fell down? You don't know what happened?"

"I don't know." Tears fill her eyes.

"How come Shanshan has never fallen before and fell when you showed up?" Shen Yue sneered. Clearly furious, "How dare you hit her in the face?"

Meng Yun is stunned and desperately denies: "Yun-er didn't! I didn't hit Elder Sister. Yun-er is wronged, Elder Brother Shen."

She is truly wronged.

I wipe away the non-existent tears on my face and sob: "Shen Yue, Younger Sister didn't hit me."

Shen Yue sighs. His tone is much softer: "Shanshan, you are too kind. That's why you let some ungrateful things step on your head to show off their might."

He puts me down and says with a bit of coaxing: "Shanshan, don't be afraid. Hit back. Hit her the way she hit you."

Me:……

I bury my face in Shen Yue's chest, pretending to be scared.

However, I internally complain, how can Green Tea do anything openly?

Shen Yue pats my back soothingly and directs to Meng Yun: "Madam, you’re too kind. Not like some snakes and scorpions. I originally looked upon the faces of the two elderly and brought you to the capital with good intention. You are ungrateful. You actually bully my wife at my home. Pack your things and go back early tomorrow morning. The temple here is small and cannot accommodate a big Buddha like you."

Meng Yun:......

Meng Yun turns around with a wooden face and is about to leave, but Shen Yue stops her.

"Wait a minute. The matter of hitting Madam. Though Madam doesn't mind, I can't let it go."

I raise my head from Shen Yue's arms, pull the corners of my lips into a grievous smile, and say, "Shen Yue, it's okay. I don't feel any pain."

Meng Yun is so shocked by my acting skills that she loses facial control and utter with a distorted expression: "Enough! Shen Yue, you’re an awesome lad, raising Gu at home, right?"

She slaps herself hard and declares, "Consider it me being unlucky, got off to a bad start, and encounter you guys!"

After saying that, she storms off.

I internally snort, Green Tea is this Sister’s family secret study.

This Sister has been soaked in tea since birth.


1 comment:

  1. Lolllllll that last sentence got me laughing so much 🤣🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete