Sunday 26 November 2023

When Green Tea Encounter Love Brain 10




The morning of the first day of the new year, I suddenly wake up.

At this time in the past, my Father would have prepared roasted chestnuts with sugar and put them on my bedside and I would eat one when I woke up. 

At the beginning of the new year, eating roasted chestnuts with sugar means that the year will go smoothly.

My Father used to buy chestnuts himself. But now that I'm married, I almost forgot about it.

I quickly get up, wash up, and quickly head out with my two personal maids.

When I come back from buying sugar-roasted chestnuts, the atmosphere in the manor is very gloomy. When Xiao Li see me appearing, he breathes a sigh of relief.

I ask, "What's wrong? Why is everyone so dejected during the New Year?"

Xiao Li says: "Madam, we all thought you left the general and went back alone."

"Where's Shen Yue?"

"The general came here early in the morning and didn't find you. Don't know where he is squatting and feeling depressed."

I only keep one pack of sugar-roasted chestnuts and distribute the rest to Xiao Li and everyone in the Shen Manor.

After searching for a long time, I finally find Shen Yue in a daze by the pond. The water surface is frozen, and there are some snowflakes on Shen Yue's shoulders.

I walk over and brush the snowflakes off his shoulders.

He looks at me blankly and says, "I almost turned into a little dog."

His complaint sounds so aggrieved.

I twist a roasted chestnut and say, "Open your mouth."

Shen Yue obediently opens his mouth and I feed the still-warm chestnuts in.

"Is it sweet?"

"En."

"Shen Yue will not turn into a little dog. This year will be smooth and peaceful." 

"Shanshan, everything will go well this year and everything will be fine."

I stand on tiptoe and peck his lips: "Waa, your mouth is really sweeter than chestnuts."

Shen Yue's face instantly turns redder than a chestnut.

It is already noon when we return to our maternal home. The large family gathers around the table and enjoys the meal.

The Emperor Brother-in-law is also present. He is holding little niece in his arms and feeding her.

My grandparents are quite self-conscious. My mother always has a frosty face and not any expression can be seen. While my Father is much more at ease.

My Father clips a chopstick of food for Shen Yue: "Shen Yue, this is shepherd's purse. Try it. It is picked especially for you."

My Elder Sister and I exchange glances and bury our heads in eating.

Shen Yue is flattered: "Thank you, Father-in-law."

"How is the taste?"

"Very fragrant. The cooking skills are very good."

My Father smiles meaningfully: "Silly child."

After lunch, our family set off firecrackers. My mother used to light the first firecracker, which meant that the family would be prosperous and free from illness and disaster in the new year.

I chat to my mother and she agrees immediately.

When Shen Yue lights firecrackers, I pretend to be like my Father before. I hold Shen Yue's sleeves and hide behind him.

Because I'm afraid that Shen Yue would really think I'm scared, my acting seems so fake. But this is also the state my Father is in when my mother can't see.

Sure enough, my mother notices something is amiss and glances at my Father who is standing aside and not afraid at all.

My Father originally smiles at me in a nonchalant manner, but when he catches my mother's gaze, his face changes in a second. He curves his eyes, revealing a gentle smile.

"Ah Yu, it's New Year."

As he says this, he takes my mother's hand and pressed closely to her.

My mother looks at their grasped hands and instantly realizes: "It's okay. I'm here."

I whispers to Shen Yue quietly: "Look, look, it's authentic green tea."

The sound of firecrackers is so loud that Shen Yue didn't hear it and misses my father's true face.

I remark with some pity: "Oh, what a pity, you didn't see his true face."

My Father comes over at some point, knocks me on the head, and says sullenly: "Playing tricks on your Father? My true identity is your Father."

Shen Yue quickly comes to protect me.

After dinner, Shen Yue and I head home amidst fireworks and firecrackers.

I'm drunk and refuse to ride in the carriage. So he can only carry me home.

A white figure passes us and I feel his body stiffen.

I lay on Shen Yue's back and says without paying much attention, "Shen Yue, I seem to have fallen in love with you."

Shen Yue gradually relaxes and keeps walking, saying, "Is this drunken talk? What will happen if you default on the debt tomorrow morning?"

"No, I won’t."

"Then I’m going to believe it. You must not go back on your word, otherwise..."

I answers immediately: "There will be one more little dog named Shen Yue in this world, haha."

Shen Yue shakes his head helplessly: "She is indeed drunk."

I rush up, hug his neck and pull him toward me. I kiss his cheek and says, "Although I'm drunk, my head is very clear. I can still kiss you with my mouth."

Shen Yue lowly chuckles and says, "I believe it."

"Shen Yue."

"En."

As the alcohol gets to me, I begin to talk nonsense.

I poke Shen Yue's shoulder with my finger and ask, "Who are you?"

He says: "Shanshan, my name is Shen Yue. I am your husband."

I reply with an "Oh" and lay back down again. From the corner of my eye, I see a bleak figure standing in the cold wind.

I asks again: "Who is that?"

Shen Yue says: "Lin Yubai, my love rival."

"Ah...in the middle of night, why isn't he going home to sleep and watch us here?"

"I don't know, maybe it’s envy."

"So weird."

Drowsiness comes over me and I can't help but close my eyes.

I instantly open my eyes again and angrily states: "I remember! Lin Yubai is the person who makes me have no friends! How hateful!"

Shen Yue chuckles lightly and says, "Yes, it is very hateful! How can he do this? What a bad person."

I nod repeatedly: "Yes, bad person. You are the first person to scold him with me. You are so nice. Shen Yue, let's be friends. What is that saying again? I remember. you have friends. If a friend comes from afar, you will be killed no matter how far away you are."

Shen Yue:......

"Hehe, luckily you are my husband."

The sound of fireworks finally stops. In the silent night, Shen Yue calls me.

"Shanshan."

"En."

"We're home, mine and yours."


-THE END-

4 comments:

  1. The ending is so sweet 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mist be the only one to feel sorry for lin Yu Bai..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yu Bai is annoying though and he kinda force her, even kidnapping her. I don't feel that moment romantic at all.

      Delete