Tuesday 7 November 2023

When Green Tea Encounter Love Brain 3




Grandfather’s birthday banquet.

I take Shen Yue back to my parents’ home.

From a distance, I see my Father and Ying Wang merrily making tea together.

Ying Wang is my Mother's childhood sweetheart. He is also my Father's biggest enemy in life. After all, one is a green tea and one is a white lotus. The two have been fighting for so many years. Ying Wang lost love because of one wrong move.

Ying Wang is still unmarried and spends a lot of time and energy on skin care every year. His skin is even better than that of Shen Yue. So my Father guards against him as much as he guards against thieves.

My Father coughs for a while and moisture appears in his eyes. His voice is soft but his words are very sharp: "Your Royal Highness, Ying Wang, what does my Father-in-law's birthday have to do with you?"

My Father had married in.

Ying Wang lived in the manor for a while when he was a child.

His Royal Highness Ying Wang becomes angry when he sees my Father acting like this. He has never shown pity on my Father back then. His face instantly twists and he says, "You have been coughing for decades, how come you aren’t dead yet?"

My Father smiles brightly and replies, "It seems that I am going to disappoint His Royal Highness Ying Wang. Although I am suffering from a stubborn illness, I will live a long life."

In other words: What’s wrong with me being sick? I just can’t die. Are you angry?

Of course Ying Wang is angry. As he stretches out his legs, he sees my Mother's figure in his peripheral vision and immediately changes from kicking to falling. My Father moves faster, lifts Ying Wang, and falls to the ground. He doesn't look like someone who died accidentally.

Ying Wang grits his teeth: "Yan Huaian, you old boy are so vicious."

But soon, the expression on his face becomes innocent. He looks at my Mother and says, "Ah Zi, Yan Huaian seems to be having a nightmare. He is calling your name and then suddenly falls down."

I turn to look at Shen Yue beside me and see confusion on his face. He whispers: "Why does this scene always feel so familiar?"

Apparently, he is starting to think.

I quickly lead Shen Yue to the front hall to give birthday wishes to Grandfather.

Lin Yubai is also present. He was Grandfather's student. Right now, he is chatting happily with my Grandfather in the front hall.

After some conversation, I find out that Lin Yubai know Grandfather’s hobby of collecting calligraphy and paintings and gives him an original painting by Grandfather’s favorite master.

In this way, Shen Yue's expensive gifts seem too vulgar.

Halfway through the birthday banquet, my Father suddenly call me to the room. He sighs and asks, "Shanshan, do you blame my Father for choosing Shen Yue to be your husband?"

Perplexed, I spoke: "Father, what's wrong?"

"Tonight I saw Shen Yue and Lin Yubai standing together and suddenly felt emotional." My Father smiles and shake his head, "Back then, your grandfather favored Lin Yubai, the seventeen-year-old top scholar. How glorious! Now he’s heavily used by the emperor. His future is unlimited."

"It's not that I didn't consider him back then. It's just that Marquis Yongxin's inner house is  restless and full of open and covert fights. How can a child who grew up in such an environment be as harmless as he appears to be?" 

I look at my Father in horror. Marrying Lin Yubai! This is really a scary thing.

My Father is overly-worrying. Lin Yubai never pretended to be in front of me and keeps pointing his ugly side at me.

My Father sighs again, almost as if he hated the fact that iron cannot become steel. He spoke, "If you could learn even half of my skills, or be as worry-free as your elder sister, there wouldn't be anyone or any matter in the world who can't be handled." 

When I come out of the study and pass through a small garden, I see a familiar figure - Lin Yubai.

The gravel road is narrow and he is standing at the exit.

There is no one around. As I’m about to take a detour, Lin Yubai speaks out.

"Chu Shanshan, I have been waiting for you for a long time."

I ask, "What are you waiting for me for?"

"That’s right, what am I waiting for you for?" His tone carries confusion.

"You’re sick."

I turns around and prepare to take a detour. But the next moment my hand is held by Lin Yubai. As soon as he exerted his strength, I’m thrown into his arms. The strong smell of alcohol comes to my nose.

Lin Yubai lowers his head and breathes a hot breath on my face.

"Let go." I push and discover that I can't push him away. Alarm bells blare in my head. This guy might be trying to scheme me.

Sure enough, the sound of footsteps enters into my ears.

Lin Yubai pulls me and hides among the roses. The thorns cut his face. He lean against the wall behind him and loll around.

How come he knows my home better than me?

After hiding for a while and hearing no sound outside, I kicks Lin Yubai before getting out.

A hand carefully lifts the thorny rose flowers for me. I raise my head and see Shen Yue's face. Subconsciously, I tremble.

He quietly looks at me, with no smile on his curved lips. He asks, "Is it fun?"

In front of the flowers and under the moon, there is a man and a woman alone. No matter how I explain it, it will only paint it darker and darker.

For the first time, I take off my weak mask and look directly at Shen Yue, "I'm very disappointed to see you here."

Shen Yue slightly widens his eyes, so shocked that it’s as if he sees a group of pigs lining up to jump into the river. He doesn't understand how his gentle and well-behaved wife can utter such outrageous words.

"You are lying to me. You have been lying to me from the beginning." He approaches me and asks, "Where is he better than me to make you pine for him so much? Even if you get married, you risk being discovered and be separated with but still together in spirit?」

What an injustice! At this moment, I am more wronged than Meng Yun.

"If I say that I am framed, would you believe it?"

Shen Yue is silent for a moment. Just as he is about to speak, a female voice ring out.

Zhao Ning hurriedly emerges from the pavilion outside and says: "Elder Cousin Brother, she is lying to you! I saw her and Official Lin hugging each other. Official Lin is still lying inside. Elder Cousin Brother, you saw it too, didn’t you?”

As if to confirm Zhao Ning's words, Lin Yubai's murmurs sound from behind.

"Shanshan..."

Zhao Ning says happily: "Elder Cousin Brother, listen!"

Me:……

In my previous life, did I dig through the graves of Lin Yubai’s ancestors? That’s why he treats me like this in this life?

I sigh, suddenly no longer wanting to explain.

It’s so tiring to be a green tea. What’s more for a man whom I don’t have much affection for. Is this really meaningful?

Thinking of this, I instantly become enlightened.

I state, "Shen Yue, please divorce me."

I want to go home and feed off the old.

Shen Yue becomes visibly panicked and responds, "What nonsense are you talking about? It's common for couples to quarrel. How can anyone separate as soon as they quarrel? What's more, it is Lin Yubai who seduced you first. What does it have to do with you? Everything is... Lin Yubai’s fault."

I look at the sky and say feebly, "But, I..."

Shen Yue glares at Zhao Ning and says, "Apologize to your Elder Sister-in-law, otherwise you will know the consequences."

"Elder Cousin Brother! Chu Shanshan doesn't love you at all! I'm the only one who really loves you wholeheartedly, Elder Cousin Brother." Zhao Ning pulls his sleeves and anxiously stamps her feet, "Look at me, Elder Cousin Brother."

Shen Yue is  surprised at first. Then he says seriously: "Sorry, I can't like someone who likes to eat boogers at two years old, still wets her pants at six years old..."

One sentence forces Zhao Ning’s tears back.

She stretches out her hand to stop Shen Yue's next words. With a wooden expression on her small face, she apologized in a calm and steady tone: "Elder Sister-in-law, I'm sorry. I was wrong. It is my wishful thinking to marry Elder Cousin Brother. and I won't do it from now on."

Me:……

2 comments:

  1. Me encanta esta historia, nada sucede como debería😂 y me fascina el padre de la prota, ese papel generalmente es ocupado por mujeres 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the heck Shen Yue 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 what kind of reasoning is that 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete