Thursday 29 August 2024

LPMM 30




  Chapter 30. Rising Internal Strife

 

"Since you are the one he loves, you must know what happened to his body, right?" Luo Jin said.

"I know, it's... Gu." Jin Yan replied, with a hint of heartache in her eyes.

Luo Jin nodded, "As expected, he told you. Then it’s right. He was looking for the 'Gu Experience' to get rid of the Gu, but there was another person who is a Gu user who was with him that day. If this person wasn't sent by you, it was probably sent by Third Prince. Think about it. Once the 'Gu Experience' is in hand, what will this person do?"

Jin Yan finally couldn't hold it anymore and said in a trembling voice: "He... will find a way to kill him and take the book away!"

"That's right, although Yue Qinghai is a martial arts master, the other party is a Gu user. It's easy to trick him. If this person has bad intentions, it's simply impossible to guard against. Now we must find Yue Qinghai quickly, otherwise he will be killed by that person at any time."

Jin Yan stood up suddenly. She was emotional, "You are right, ... why didn't I think of this?"

Luo Jin breathed a sigh of relief and took the opportunity to point out: "In fact, there are other ways for us to find him. As long as the news that the Sixth Prince is captured spreads throughout the world, Yue Qinghai will naturally come to the rescue. But this will make your mother and son's situation even more difficult. My master is a kind person and had considered these and not spread the matter. You can trust us, we want to save people. "

Jin Yan's eyes were filled with tears, "That's right."

"There is one more thing," Luo Jin said, "Princess holds great importance in my master's heart. If she can't be saved in time..."

Her eyes were full of threats, "He will definitely kill Jiang Yan first. Then kill Yue Qinghai. No matter where Yue Qinghai runs to, Dongyuan will kill him with all its might and will never let him live!"

Jin Yan was terrified, "I... I know, but... but he doesn't know how to use Gu. The Princess's Gu couldn't have been cast by him."

She looked at Long Ying standing at the side anxiously.

Long Ying smiled, "That man is with him. Even if he didn't do it, he's not innocent. He should be held responsible. There's no need for Dongyuan's national strength. If our Qixiangmen are willing to do our best, it won't be difficult to kill Yue Qinghai. Although he is a ninth-level expert, I also happen to be a ninth-level expert. I only need to bring my little apprentice with me to kill him."

She narrowed her eyes, "What's more, if the Princess dies, I'm sure the other ninth-level expert, He Xiao won't sit still, right? If that's not enough, I still have a master..."

She sneered, "Speaking of which, I'm capable of gathering three of the five great masters on the continent."

Hearing Luo Jin coaxing and threatening, she also cooperated with the threat.

Jin Yan's face was pale, "You are right... If the Princess can't be saved, he can't survive."

Her breathing hitched up. After hesitating for a long time, she said: "I do have a way to find him, but... how can I believe that you won't hurt him?"

Long Ying smiled gently, "But do you... have a choice?"

Jin Yan lowered her head in silence, "I know. I will bring him to you tomorrow night at the latest. Can I see my son?"

"Sure, I will send your Highness to see him now."

Long Ying waved and ordered two men to accompany Jin Yan to see Jiang Yan. As soon as Jin Yan went out, a person came out from behind the screen.

Chai Qi looked at Luo Jin and said: "You are good at coaxing people."

Luo Jin chuckled and said: "I will take it as your highness praising me."

Chai Qi paused a bit and said: "I am praising you."

Luo Jin: "Huh?"

...

The next evening, Luo Jin and Long Ying chatted while waiting for Yue Qinghai. The content of the conversation between the two people was too boring for Chai Qi, so he grabbed a prepared book to read and refused to join their chat.

"Once I get the Gu Experience, my mission will be completed. I may not see you in the future," Long Ying said, "How about you join our Qixiang Sect?"

"No, I don't know martial arts."

"What about accounting?"

"No, and I have a job.  I don't want to change jobs for the time being."

"That's a pity. I'll find you when I have a mission that travel to Dongyuan. You can treat me to a meal then."

"No problem!"

As they were chatting, Long Ying suddenly stood up, "Here he comes!"

A gust of wind blew outside the window and a figure rushed into the house from the window. The movement was extremely fast. Although Luo Jin was mentally prepared, she was still startled.

Yue Qinghai stood in the middle of the room and looked around. When his eyes fell on Luo Jin's face, his face suddenly changed and his voice trembled, "You...you want to kill me, right? You don't keep your word!"

Long Ying frowned, "Who said I wanted to kill you? Where's the book?"

Yue Qinghai retreated to a corner farthest from Luo Jin, then took out a book from his arms and threw it to Long Ying, "I tore it open, but no pages is missing. Look, not a single page was missing."

Long Ying flipped through it and threw it to Chai Qi, "There are indeed no missing pages, but why did you tear it open? Why tear such a valuable thing just because you want to?"

Yue Qinghai said: "The Gu Master who was with me, he had always wanted to read this book. I know that he stole the book with me in order to get the method of raising Gu. After he reads it, would he still help me get rid of the Gu? Maybe he will use Gu to harm me... So I only let him read the first half, the method of removing the gu part of this book. I promised to only let him read the second half after he helps me remove the poison. "

Chai Qi flipped through the book and sneered softly, "You are not stupid!"

"I had some doubts back during Jiang Ge’s assassination before and now I am even more suspicious. I know it was definitely not Ah Yan who sent people to find me. She never wants me to take risks." 

When Yue Qinghai mentioned this name, his gaze was tender, "But I beat them at their own game. I am not stupid. It's just mutually using each other. Even if the gu is removed, I will not give him the second half of the book."

Chai Qi said, "Then have you removed the gu in your body?"

Yue Qinghai's eyes dimmed instantly, "No, the method to remove the gu is to find a gu called 'Red Emperor'. The book says... that thing is in the tomb of Emperor Gaozu. No one who had been to Emperor Gaozu's tomb came out alive, I..."

Mister Shi took the book and flipped through it for a long time. When he raised his head, his brows were tightly knitted.

"Your Highness, the Forget Dust Gu... also requires the Red Emperor Gu to resolve it."

"According to the book, the Red Emperor Gu is the king of all gu. It isn't an ordinary Gu. It does not need any feeding and can last for thousands of years without decay. The Red Emperor Gu has great benefits for the host. It can prolong life and prevent all diseases. If a practitioner obtains the Red Emperor Gu, it will also greatly benefit the practitioner."

"The Emperor Gaozu of Xiyuan lived for more than 150 years! He was invincible in martial arts during his lifetime. It turned out to be because of the Red Emperor Gu."

"The Red Emperor Gu will choose its master. If it doesn't meet the right person, it won't recognize its master. After the death of Emperor Gaozu, the Red Emperor Gu didn't recognize his descendants as its master and was taken to the tomb. But I think those people are too useless... Your Highness, Crown Prince will definitely have no problem."

"Of course, even if it doesn't recognize its master, finding it can still be a cure."

Yue Qinghai suddenly looked up, "You guys..."

"Go to Emperor Gaozu’s tomb." Chai Qi declared without hesitation.

Long Ying immediately waved her hand, "My mission is completed, you guys chat. I'm leaving!"

After saying that, she turned around and ran using Qinggong.

Luo Jin: "..."

Long Ying obviously didn't intend to accept such a dangerous commission. No one left Emperor Gaozu's tomb alive. Just thinking about it made people terrified.

"I'll go!" Luo Jin raised her hand, "I'll go with you, your Highness."

Yue Qinghai looked at Luo Jin and suddenly said, "If Miss Luo goes, then... I'm willing to go with her. Although it's a little risky, I want to try it."

Luo Jin frowned, "Not taking you, you're not a good person."

Yue Qinghai was a highly skilled martial arts expert. If he finds the Red Emperor Gu, he will definitely snatch it. Long Ying refused to go. There was no ninth-level master present, so he was a big threat.

Yue Qinghai smiled bitterly, "How could I possibly dare..."

Mister Shi, who had been flipping through the book, said, "This book records that the Red Emperor Gu is the King of Insect, and can control all insects in the world. I’m thinking... the reason why no one survived in the tomb of Emperor Gaozu was because the Red Emperor Gu manipulated many extremely lethal insects and caused all the people who entered the tomb to be bitten to death. This book records that there was a thing called 'corpse-eating Gu', which seems to be suitable for keeping in the tomb to guard the tomb."

Chai Qi asked, "Is there a solution?"

Mister Shi nodded, "Here is a medicine that can drive away the corpse-eating Gu. As long as you bring this medicine, the corpse-eating Gu will not dare to approach. I think this method is feasible. Generally speaking, no matter how dangerous the tomb is, as long as the people who enter aren’t too greedy and leave in time, they will not be in trouble. None of them could escape because of the corpse-eating Gu. This kind of Gu is extremely poisonous and a bite will kill you immediately. There was no time to detoxify. Moreover, as long as there is water and soil, the corpse-eating Gu can survive and reproduce. It is particularly suitable for living in tombs. "

"Then please prepare the medicine immediately, sir."

"Yes!"

Chai Qi said: "Now we need someone who knows how to raid tombs. Even if we can solve the corpse-eating Gu, we may not be able to break the mechanism in the tomb just by ourselves. But I have no one here who know this."

Luo Jin said: "I'll go to Jiang Ge to ask."

Chai Qi: "..."

"We are going to rob the Jiang Family's tomb."

...

Luo Jin didn't expect that the person sent by Jiang Ge was a familiar face.

Little Xiaoyu was stunned when he saw the man and whispered "Master."

The man was Liu Shu.

The master and apprentice met again, but they belonged to different countries. Liu Shu's face showed no expression. His voice was a little hoarse as he said, "Get up."

He paused, "Come here, I have something to tell you."

Little Xiaoyu stood up and followed Liu Shu out of the yard.

Although Little Xiaoyu looked young, he was an adult in his twenties. Naturally, no one would go to watch him being scolded by his master. Everyone let them go out and no one followed them.

When the master and apprentice came back, Luo Jin saw that Little Xiaoyu's eyes were obviously red, as if he had cried. He lowered his head and said nothing, biting his lips gently.

"That..." Luo Jin couldn't bear to watch it, "Little Xiaoyu surrendered to the enemy to save you, so you shouldn't blame him too much."

Liu Shu let out a ‘hmm’ and didn't say anything.

Luo Jin let out a breath and rubbed Little Xiaoyu's head, "It's okay, don't cry."

Little Xiaoyu couldn't stop wiping the corners of his eyes. Liu Shu glanced at him and said woodenly, "Don't cry."

Little Xiaoyu was shocked and finally stopped crying.

Although his leg injury was healed, Liu Shu still walked with a little limp and his walking posture seemed a little weird. He wasn't tall, less than 1.6 meters, while his figure was a little bloated.

Chai Qi couldn't help asking, "How did you persuade Jiang Ge to send this man to you to raid his own great-grandfather's tomb?"

"I said Third Prince wants a treasure in the tomb to deal with him and he agreed to help me."

"..."

Yue Qinghai walked in from the door and glanced at Liu Shu, "Now that we have tomb raider, shall we set off?"

"Who said we’ll take you?" Luo Jin frowned.

"You have to take me with you this time," Yue Qinghai took out something from his arms, "This is the key to the Emperor Gaozu's tomb! You can't open the tomb without this thing!"

Chai Qi was stunned, "Key?"


No comments:

Post a Comment