Sunday 1 January 2017

VGAFH 15

15. Chapter 15 Maybe my mother came back to find you
Translated by Maggie    Edited by Simple

Lian Li followed where her fingers were pointing at and looked; he was also shocked, he saw all twenty large and small chickens listlessly drooping their heads. They were either standing up or lying on the ground with a sluggish dull appearance.

"What, what is happening!" Lian Li's face also changed.

"Which heinous criminal has done this!" Mrs. Qiao's heart hurt so much that she slapped her thigh and cried out.

These chickens clearly looked like they got sick; and from looks of it, it looks like they can't get better! Apart from these twenty large and small chickens, there are ten fist sized chicks that are still growing; as well as a hen that just laid an egg.

If they all died, would it not make the couple also die from heartache?

Lian Li hasn't spoken a single word.

"Ah!" Mrs. Qiao suddenly cried out and ground her teeth hard. "I know, it must be Lian Fang Zhou, it must be that dead girl's doing, it must be her! I, I'll go find her!"

"Hold on, you wait a moment!" Lian Li called to stop her, puzzled as he asked,"how do you know it's that girl's doing? Don't go causing trouble again, that girl is now different from the past, she's not a good crop!”

"I, I just know it!" Mrs. Qiao stomped, Under Lian Li's interrogating eyes did she finally say, "I, I was angry at that dead girl's actions, so these days I would deliberately put our chickens into their home garden …..."

"You are really -" Lian Li's anger suddenly spiked, he stare at her and snapped. "You only know how to do these bits and pieces of stupid things; what's the use! Her garden in this season, what is left in there? What's the point of putting the chickens there?"

Mrs. Qiao suddenly felt there was no meaning, and dejectedly said, "I was just angry! Oh let's not talk about this, I'll go and find her!"

Mrs. Qiao said and speedily ran over toward Lian Fang Zhou's home.

When she arrived, Lian Fang Zhou and her siblings were also making dinner.

Not waiting for them to speak, Mrs. Qiao found Lian Fang Zhou and straightforwardly asked, "my family's chickens, did you drug them?"

Lian Fang Zhou was stunned, "What?"

"You're still pretending!" Mrs. Qiao spat out; harrumphed and said, "my family's chickens are all sick and listless like they're half-dead, certainly it's your doing!"

"Aunt, when you speak don't you need to give evidence? did you personally see it? If you did personally see it, would you have allowed me to do that? If you didn't see it, on what basis are you saying this? So if in the future there's something wrong with my family's chickens, I will also go find you, ah?"Lian Fang Zhou sneered back.

Suddenly Mrs. Qiao bitterly couldn't say anything, she stared at her for a moment then sneered."You must have used sleight of hand! Your garden wasn't fenced properly, knowing my family's chickens would go there; you must have held a grudge! Lian Fang Zhou, you must compensate me for my chickens!”

Twenty-something chickens, what if they all died ......

Thinking about this made Mrs. Qiao's heartbleed.

Lian Fang Zhou glanced at her, and mentally had a bit of admiration; obviously, she was wrong at first, and she found someone else afterward to get even. She can still say it so righteously, this is using specious arguments ah, it is clearly using great intelligence, ah!”

"Oh?" Lian Fang Zhou deliberately smiled. "So uncle and Aunt's chickens entered our family's garden ah? I didn't know! Since Aunt saw them why did you not tell me? Aunt's heart really is - Gee! "

Suddenly Mrs. Qiao's face heated, and she immediately straightened her spine. "So you admit it? You admit that you had a grudge! Dead girl, hurry up and compensate me!"

Thinking of those ten liang, she immediately said, "compensate with money!"

"I didn't know such a thing had happened, Aunt don't pester incessantly, OK?" Lian Fang Zhou said lightly, and asked her siblings, "Did you do it?"

The three of them shook their heads. Lian Fang Qing also added, "I also didn't know, if I did know, I would have shooed them out a long time ago. Not allowing them to bite my family's plants!"

Mrs. Qiao ignored her, and sneered; "stop giving me specious arguments! If it wasn't you, who else would it be? What did you do!"

"I do not know what you are talking about!" Lian Fang Zhou sneered. "You said your family's chickens are half dead, I do not know what medicine can have this effect? Aunt thinks I know? And also, these days I was at home and didn't go out. Where would I get some kind of medicine? If you do not believe me, you can search our home; if you can find some kind of medicine I will compensate you for your family's chickens! If you can not find any, we'll go to the chief's house for judgment! Aunt, do you dare?"

Originally hearing Liang Fang Zhou say that she would let her search the house, Mrs. Qiao's eyes lit up. She really wanted to take advantage and fish in troubled waters, but hearing what she said at the end, she became frustrated.

She could not help but hesitate, not because she believed Lian Fang Zhou, but because she actually does not believe that Lian Fang Zhou has such a skill.

"Aunt, instead of coming here and wronging us siblings, you might as well go back and quickly think of a way; perhaps," Lian Fang Zhou glanced at her, and faintly said, "my mother has done it......"

"You stop scaring this old woman!" Mrs. Qiao was startled, and her face could not help but become white.

Right at this moment, a night wind blew by, chilling people. Mrs. Qiao only felt chills on her spine, and subconsciously took two steps back, clutching her chest.

Lian Fang Zhou was calm and gave her an indifferent glance, saying nothing. It was a look that meant: You think of what to do yourself.

"You stop scaring this old woman!" Mrs. Qiao could not help but say, her voice was slightly trembling; and did not sound as strong as last time.

Lian Fang Zhou still did not speak, she just looked at her look indifferently.

"Hmph!" Mrs. Qiao could not hold it in, She really wanted to curse at Lian Fang Zhou. She even stepped forward to grab her and hit her, but her heart was pounding as it beat, and could not move even half step. Her throat seemed to be blocked by something, and not even a word would come out.

Gradually, she felt her chest muffled as if something was approaching from all directions. Gradually it shrunk, and got even more tightening; she tightly squeezed her hands and almost couldn't breathe.

Could it be that sister-in-law really came back ......

Mrs. Qiao's mind went "boom" as it exploded, and she could no longer stand it, she gently spat toward the ground, leaving an "I'll come back and get even with you later on." She turned and hurriedly ran away. She was weak for a moment, and also almost fell.

"How was it? Did you ask and get anything out of it?" When Mrs. Qiao returned home, Lian Li could not help but ask with concern.

Twenty chickens, ah, it could sell for a lot of money na!

"No, nothing!" Mrs. Qiao's face wasn't very good and was full of panic.

"Really useless!" Lian Li could not help but feel a burst of disappointment.

"Husband," Mrs. Qiao after a long while regained her wits; her heartbeat gradually returned to normal. She could not help but ask, "You say, could it be that sister-in-law is blaming us for taking her family's food, so -"

"What nonsense are you saying!" Li Lian was so angry that he almost jumped up, he pointed at her and yelled, "I see you pointlessly lived for half your life! Ignorant! Stupid! Did that girl use these words to fool you? You actually believed it! Hmph! Really useless! "

Mrs. Qiao's face burst into shades of red and white, and quietly whispered,"I do not know; I, my heart felt unsettled ......"

Lian Li sneered, "From what I see, eighty percent is that girl's doing!"

"How can she have such a skill? If you said these chickens were drugged by her and died, I would believe, but, but this appearance - what medicine can this be ah? These days I have not seen her go anywhere to get medicine...... " Mrs. Qiao's voice was vague and low.

Lian Li slightly froze, then sneered. "If it really is sister-in-law, why would she only touch a few of our chickens?"

"That's right!" Mrs. Qiao's eyes lit up, her mind was certain.  She couldn't help but angrily say, "that dead girl, a mouthful of nonsense, I was almost tricked by her! But what is actually wrong with these chickens .. ..."


Maggie-Sorry guys, was rushing to post this on schedule so didn't get to get Simple to edit it. I was substituting my ill colleague at work, so was on shift all week and trying to going through the bulk of translation I ordered myself to do and time flew by. My last week of 2016 is over and haven't got last several chapters edited (some may have noticed) T.T
Anyway HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


10 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Thanks for the new chapter! Now I'm wondering what's really going on here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year and thanks for the chapter

    ReplyDelete
  3.  _______
    |  THANKS♪  |
    |  NEPU!  |
      ̄∨ ̄ ̄ ̄∨ ̄ ̄
     (  )(  )
    ( )( )( )
      ∧=∧ ∧=∧
     (*´∀`*)(*´▽`*)
    | ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
    |========|
    |________|

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! I think the chickens just used the garden as a source of food. Once that got fenced off their food source was gone. No food -> start becoming lethargic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year!!!

    What did she do to the chickens.... XD XD XD


    Thanks so much for all your hard work and hope your New Year is great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The chickens are the victims xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo did she feed the chickens onions/garlic/chives/leek? That works as poison against some animals :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait... This chapter is unedited? The translation on this chapter is much better than the earlier chapters...

    ReplyDelete