Saturday 12 October 2024

LPMM 53




 Chapter 53 Youth

Luo Jin and Feng Lingruo continued to wander in the middle of the night. It was freezing. Luo Jin's face was numb from the cold.

Feng Lingruo took out a small box from her bosom, dug out a little ointment from the box, stretched out her hand to rub it on Luo Jin's face, and spread it with her fingertips, "Use this on your face to avoid frostbite. Since you aren’t often in Yeyuan Country, you can't stand the cold and it's easy to get frostbite."

Luo Jin felt her hands were warm. The numbness on her face reduced once the ointment was applied.

Feng Lingruo put the small box in Luo Jin's palm, "Take it and use it. I will feel bad if you get frostbite."

Luo Jin clenched the box and whispered: "Okay..."

[I can't stand it anymore. She personally applied cream to me! ]

[I don't want to wash my face...]

[The heroine is so gentle and kind! ]

[She is so beautiful...]

[How can there be such a perfect person! ]

Feng Lingruo: "..."

She lowered her head and chuckled. Then she abruptly raised her head again, "I heard some sound again. Let's go!"

[She is so strong! This hearing ability is at upper eighth level, almost the ninth level. ]

[I remember that she broke through the ninth level shortly after this plot. She is strong! ]

[The center of this world revolves around her. She is the protagonist. What’s more, the major female lead. She can get whatever she wants. ]

Feng Lingruo took Luo Jin to another alley and saw a group of men staring at a little girl with ill intentions. The little girl retreated in panic, but the men pressed on step by step.

Luo Jin whispered, "Great, it's a hero... ah no, a story of a beauty saving a beauty."

As she was about to step forward, Feng Lingruo suddenly stopped her, "Wait, someone is coming..."

A man ran over from the entrance of the alley, hurriedly ran to the girl, protected her behind him, and shouted at the men with bad intentions, "No one can hurt her!"

"Oh, a hero saving a beauty!"

"Brothers, sort him out!"

The group rushed up and attacked the man who came later. But they didn't expect that the other party was actually a boxer. He knocked those people to the ground in a few moves and took the girl away.

Luo Jin saw the knocked down men complain in a low voice, "Didn't we agree to act? Why did he beat so hard?"

"Let him pay more money later..."

Speechless, Luo Jin looked at Feng Lingruo

Feng Lingruo shrugged helplessly.

It was already late at night. Luo Jin waved to Si Tuan, "Let's go. It's so late. I guess there won't be many people here. We'll freeze to death."

They returned to Si Tuan's residence together.

Si Tuan was a little upset, "You don't plan to stay here, do you? My house isn't big. There aren’t many rooms that can accommodate people..."

Shui Yingchen said, "It doesn't matter. clean up a room for them to sleep. As for me..."

He glanced at Si Tuan, "Squeeze in with you."

Si Tuan was even more upset, "How... could I possibly dare... Isn't it said that you have a habit of killing people in the middle of the night?"

"I probably don't."

"Probably?"

In the end, Si Tuan hid in the woodshed with a quilt and slept and sighed aggrievedly.

Luo Jin and Feng Lingruo slept in the same bed. The bed was a little narrow, but it was warm to squeeze together in the cold weather. Feng Lingruo's body was always warm, with a faint orchid scent. Luo Jin slept next to her and felt that her body was also warm.

The next day, when Luo Jin woke up, Feng Lingruo had already woken up. The weather was cold. The two of them were reluctant to get out of bed.

"I slept quite well last night," Feng Lingruo smiled, "I haven't slept well these days because I'm worried about Xiao Jie's illness."

The two of them dilly-dallied for a long time before finally putting on their clothes.

As soon as she got up, Luo Jin felt cold. She went out and saw Si Tuan had already gotten up. Judging by the dark circles under his eyes, he obviously hadn’t slept well.

Shui Yingchen also had dark circles under his eyes. He yawned, "Your bed is too hard and too short. It's not good to sleep on."

Si Tuan fumed, "You stole my bed, so I have to sleep in the woodshed. You still complain?"

"It's hard to begin with... Besides, I didn't steal your bed, it was you who refused to sleep with me." Shui Yingchen defended.

"Okay! Let's go save people!" Feng Lingruo came out, "Is yesterday's inspiration enough? Can go treat my younger brother and Emperor, right?"

Si Tuan unhappily acknowledged with an ‘en’, "I guess so. I thought of how to write the story of a traveling hero. But the love story is still far away. Don't expect me to go to such a faraway place like Dongyuan!"

Shui Yingchen said, "Yesterday I told the man who was saved by Feng Lingruo that the person who saved him was the Princess. I thought this love story had a conclusion..."

Feng Lingruo was slightly startled, "What happened?"

"In the end, the man gave up and said that he wasn't worthy of the Princess. He also said that he originally wanted to use money to impress the other party, but it seemed that he was useless and had no chance at all."

"..."

"He said he decided to leave Yeyuan Country and never come back."

"..."

Si Tuan walked up to Shui Yingchen, "Emperor, show me the wound, I'll check it."

Shui Yingchen sat on a stool, unbuttoned his clothes, and revealed the wound on his chest.

Luo Jin saw that the wound had not scabbed, but was in a state of not bleeding. There was a circle of blue around the wound, while the skin and flesh were turned outward. Quite a scary sight.

"You are injured by the Blue Swallow." Si Tuan said after one look, "I can't treat it now, unless you find the Blue Swallow and let me study what was quenched on it."

Shui Yingchen was a little disappointed, "I don't know where the Blue Swallow is, but I will try my best to find it."

As soon as he finished speaking, Luo Jin took out the Blue Swallow sword from her sleeve, "This is the Blue Swallow."

Shui Yingchen was stunned, "How come you have the Blue Swallow? It can't be that you..."

Luo Jin waved her hand quickly, "Even if I have the Blue Swallow, I can't stab you with it, right? Don't talk nonsense, I have foresight, ordered people to find it, and it was found."

Shui Yingchen was skeptical, "That's right. Your martial arts are low. You can't hurt me..."

Si Tuan said: "Stretch out your hand, let me take your pulse."

Complying, Shui Yingchen stretched out her hand.

Si Tuan closed his eyes and pondered for a long time before opening his eyes, "The Emperor has lost part of his memory, right?"

Luo Jin was shocked. If he was cured, wouldn't Shui Yingchen pick up the Blue Swallow and stab her on the spot?

Shui Yingchen nodded, "Yes, can it be cured?"

"En." Si Tuan said.

Luo Jin stepped back a few steps, ready to run away at any time.

Si Tuan said, "But I advise the Emperor not to cure it, maintain the status quo."

Shui Yingchen was stunned, "Why?"

Si Tuan was silent for a long time before saying, "The Emperor's amnesia wasn't caused by serious injuries, but the Emperor himself...chose to forget."

"I...chose..." Shui Yingchen was stunned for a moment.

"Yes, it was your own choice. Perhaps that memory was too painful. It tortured you, made you sleepless at night, and made you feel heartbroken all the time, so you wanted to forget. When you were hurt, you took the initiative to forget and let yourself lose that memory." Si Tuan whispered, "So now you have lost all your memories after that incident. This was your choice. If you remember this memory again, it will be another torture." 

Shui Yingchen lowered his eyes and said nothing. 

Si Tuan said: "I don't know how much memory the emperor had lost. If possible, I mean if it doesn't affect the emperor's life, then it's better to choose to forget. Forgetting painful memories is a kind of happiness."

Shui Yingchen was silent for a long time and finally nodded, "Okay, I..." 

Then he saw Luo Jin blinking desperately at him. Before he could react, Luo Jin suddenly threw herself into his arms and hugged him tightly. 

Shui Yingchen: "..."

Luo Jin's internal voice was full of tears, "I'm sorry... I didn't know hurting you would be so painful, I didn't know..."

Under the surprised eyes of everyone, Luo Jin raised her tear-stained face, looked at Shui Yingchen, and said slowly: "It's my fault, I made you distressed. You actually kill yourself using the Blue Swallow because of me, wanting to forget that memory by dying... You're so stupid!"

Shui Yingchen: "..."

Si Tuan's eyes widened, as if he was fascinated by the show.

Without a choice, Feng Lingruo shook her head, walked forward, and put on a surprised expression, "What? So the person you like... is the emperor? So the Blue Swallow I gave you was given to the emperor by you?"

Shui Yingchen: "..."

Si Tuan became so excited that his face flushed.

Luo Jin continued to cry, "You are the one I like. Please don't misunderstand me, okay? Please don't hurt yourself, okay?"

Feng Lingruo muttered, "Ah? Then what am I?"

Luo Jin turned around, "You are an important person to me..."

Shui Yingchen: "..."

He probably understood Luo Jin’s intention, wanting to complete the last inspiration of "love".

But he didn't know anything, so he could only stand here like a prop.

Anyway, he lost his memory...

But what kind of cliche plot was this?

Luo Jin continued to make up stories, "Originally, I approached him because of you. You said that the Emperor of Jiyuan was too strong and he would be an obstacle to your unification of Jiuyuan Continent, so you asked me to kill him with Blue Swallow. I approached him and tried my best to make him fall in love with me, but I... I also accidentally fell in love with him. I didn't use Blue Swallow to kill him, but gave it to him as a token of love." 

She wanted to squeeze out a few tears, but couldn't, so she had to cover her face, "I left Blue Swallow to him, left him, and lied that I didn't like him. I wanted him to forget me, but I never thought that he would lose all hope because of this..." 

Shui Yingchen: "..." 

This story sounded familiar, like something that Empress Dowager Su could do. Si Tuan's face was already bright red due to excitement. He took out a pen and wrote it down on the side. Even his hands were trembling with excitement. The dignified emperor was actually a lover who killed himself for a woman. This story was too exciting.

He blurted out, "Finding out that he killed himself, you saved him despite your undercover identity and hid the Blue Swallow? That's why the Blue Swallow is on you, right?"

Luo Jin pretended to be surprised, "You guessed it?" 

"I'm smart!" Si Tuan continued to record on paper, "Anything else? Tell me about your story with the Princess? What is the relationship between you two?"


2 comments: