Friday 4 October 2024

LPMM 48




 Chapter 48 Find the trace


When Luo Jin rushed to the county government office, Jie Gui was still occupied. Seeing Luo Jin coming, he asked, "What's wrong?"

"Where is the guard?" Luo Jin asked, "Take me to see him."

Jie Gui was silent for a while, "Come with me!"

He took Luo Jin to the prison cell of the government office, went down a few floors, and came to the darkest bottom floor.

A person was tied to a pillar on the bottom floor. It was the guard who was knocked down by Luo Jin before.

"Why is he tied up?" Luo Jin walked forward, "What happened to him?"

"He kept resisting, so he had to be tied up." Jie Gui lowered his voice, "He's asleep now, but he'll wake up and make a fuss again... What’s more, this person..."

He walked forward slowly and pointed at the back of the man's hand, "Look!"

Luo Jin looked at the back of the man's hand and saw a tattoo pattern, like an eagle-like symbol.

"This is..."

"The logo of the Eagle Team of Jiyuan Country."

Luo Jin frowned, "Could it be that Jiyuan Country planned this? Was Shui Yingchen the one who instigated them? What is the Eagle Team? Why haven't I heard of it?"

Jie Gui explained, "The Eagle Team is the past rebel army of Jiyuan Country. Also the group of people who overthrew the previous emperor. Later, when the Emperor became emperor, he changed the flag. So the Eagle Team can be said to be the old subordinates who supported Shui Yingchen back then. These people generally have a higher status in Jiyuan Country."

He pondered for a while, "I don't think it was Shui Yingchen who instigated it. Even if he did, he wouldn't send people from the Eagle Team, right? He must have some feelings for these old subordinates, right?"

Luo Jin shook her head, "I don't think Shui Yingchen had any feelings. He is a sinister and vicious pervert."

Jie Gui was slightly stunned, "Have you met him?"

"I haven’t just met..." Luo Jin sighed, "Let's not talk about him. I'll see if this person is the same as Xiao Lian."

She walked forward, put her hand on the neck of the tied man, and closed her eyes.

In a moment, she felt that there was indeed a Gu insect in the man's head.

It was difficult to remove the Gu from the head. Luo Jin mulled about it again and again before deciding to start at a position behind the head. She took out the dagger and was about to cut the man's head. Jie Gui hurried forward and grabbed her wrist, "What are you doing?"

“Make a small cut," Luo Jin said, "No one will die. Don't worry."

"I mean this dagger... This thing is too dangerous. Don't casually use it to hurt people." Jie Gui took the dagger from her hand, "The dagger Blue Bird... If you are scratched by this thing, the wound will not heal. If you are not going to kill someone, don't use this."

"Ah... is that so?" Luo Jin was stunned for a moment, "I didn't know this dagger is so famous. Then it can't be used. I don't want to kill him."

Jie Gui gave her his sword at his waist, "Use this."

Luo Jin took the sword, gently scratched the man's scalp, then put her hand on his neck, closed her eyes and activated the Red Emperor Gu.

A small insect slowly crawled out of the wound and fell to the ground without moving.

The tied man frowned and slowly opened his eyes.

He looked around in confusion. When he saw that he was tied, he shouted, "Who are you? Dare to capture me? Do you know who I am? I am General Wei Yu of Jiyuan Country! Do you want to die?"

Jie Gui said lightly, "I'll give you some time to think about what happened. Don't shout and embarrass your Jiyuan Country right away."

Wei Yu was stunned for a moment, thought for a long time, and suddenly said, "I remember that Ah Liu and I went to investigate Hanyuan's secret agents... You are Hanyuan's secret agents!"

Jie Gui sighed, "No wonder you were caught... You don't look smart."

He shook his head and told Wei Yu what happened before.

Wei Yu was stunned for a long time, "I... I was caught and controlled? This is too... too embarrassing. You might as well kill me now. I don't have the face to see His Majesty..."

Luo Jin mentally responded that his Majesty had probably become a wandering ghost now and he didn't have to see him. She was a little curious before, why did Shui Yingchen appear in Dongyuan out of the blue?

Could it be that he came to find his men?

Thinking of this, she shook her head. That sinister and vicious guy didn't seem like someone who could do such a thing.

Jie Gui untied Wei Yu, "Since you were controlled by someone, you aren’t a criminal. There is no reason to detain you. Go back to Jiyuan." 

Wei Yu shook his head and gritted his teeth, "I have to kill the person who hurt me, otherwise how can I go back? His Majesty will scold me to death if I do. No, no, I can't stand his gaze... Are you going to catch them? I will accompany you, I may be of some use. And my companions are probably still in their hands. I have to save him." 

Luo Jin suddenly asked, "How good are your martial arts?" 

Wei Yu said, "Lower eighth level. Although I’m not strong, I should... be able to help, right?" 

Luo Jin felt that the matter wasn't simple. Sure enough, the Gu could improve people's levels and at the same time achieve the effect of controlling people. Long Ying who raised such a thing wasn’t simple. She remembered that Long Ying also had a master. Maybe she was also connected to this matter and might even be the mastermind. Long Ying's master was called Su Hejing, a character who had never appeared in the original book. In fact, nothing was mentioned in the book except her name and identity.  

She didn't know what level Su Hejing was at now. She was Long Ying's master, so she must be stronger than Long Ying, right? Long Ying was already at the lower level of the ninth level, so Su Hejing was at least in the middle or even upper level of the ninth level. If she was at the upper level of the ninth level, there would be no one who could match her.

The next day, Jie Gui came to inform Luo Jin that he had finally found a dog that could track smell.

Without hesitation, he took the dog to go out to find Little Xiaoyu's whereabouts. He had already mobilized troops last night. This morning he instantly organized a team of nearly a thousand people to stand by .

Luo Jin said, "We can't send so many people. The other side still have a lot of dwarf slaves. If they find that there are soldiers and officers around, they might kill all the dwarf slaves... Their martial arts are high. Even if there are many people, they may not be able to stop them. The soldiers can only support from a distance, not too close."

Jie Gui asked, "You can take out the Gu, right?"

Luo Jin sighed and shook her head helplessly, "I can only do it if I get close to the other side's body. I can't take the Gu remotely. Basically, I have to knock the person down. If we fight, I'm afraid it won't work."

The two looked at each other in silence.

The current situation was indeed a dilemma. If a large army was sent, it was likely that all the dwarf slaves would be killed. But if only a few people were sent, the other side could utilize the nearly ninth level masters created by Gu. The number was unknown and they were difficult to deal with.

And there was also Su Hejing whose strength was unknown. Luo Jin had no idea how to deal with her. If she was at the same level as Shui Yingchen, Luo Jin would be completely unable to deal with her. She could deal with Shui Yingchen because he had a weakness of being afraid of insects, but Su Hejing didn’t have this weakness.

The most fatal thing was that Luo Jin summoned the other personality when she fought with Wei Yu before. Now that personality had fallen asleep, she wouldn’t be able to use the same method again within two days.

After a long discussion with Jie Gui, Jie Gui finally decided to take Luo Jin, Jiang Mo, and Wei Yu to gather news first. They’ll try not to take action and ideally find an opportunity to save people first.

At the moment, let the dog smell the sachet left by Little Xiaoyu and move forward by finding the fragrance.

The trail didn’t stop at all. Luo Jin carefully observed and found that Little Xiaoyu sprinkled a little bit of fragrant powder along the way, so that the smell didn't dissipate.

She guessed that Little Xiaoyu might have a chance to escape but wanted to help find the lair of those who sell dwarf slaves and deliberately didn't escape.

But this meant his own situation was dangerous.

Though he looked so small, his determination and will weren’t inferior to any person taller and more powerful than him at the critical point.

After leaving the city for a long time, they came to a mountainous area. The fragrance was obviously getting stronger and stronger and the dog ran more and more delightfully.

Wei Yu kept muttering along the way, "I'm useless, I'm too useless, I'm not as good as a mushroom... His Majesty will definitely look down on me..."

He was a real complainer. Luo Jin wanted to shut his mouth.

While walking, Luo Jin saw two people coming toward her. When she saw one of them, she felt a chill in her feet.

Wei Yu was stunned for a moment and shouted: "Your Majesty! Big Brother! Are you here to find me?"

He ran over and knelt down in front of the man.

Luo Jin had a feeling that the cliff probably wouldn’t kill him. Although it was high and steep, no one had ever fallen off the cliff and died in the novel.

Sure enough, Shui Yingchen wasn't dead.

She couldn't switch her personality now. The only person who could fight him was Jiang Mo, but Jiang Mo was no match for Shui Yingchen.

At this time, Wei Yu pointed at Luo Jin and said something to Shui Yingchen. Shui Yingchen nodded and walked toward Luo Jin.

Luo Jin held her breath and her heartbeat quickened.

She had to pretend to be calm and not let him see her current condition.

As he got closer, Shui Yingchen suddenly displayed a bright and sunny smile, "Did you save my brother? Thank you! I will prepare gifts to thank you when I go back."

His eyes swept across Luo Jin's face and then looked at Jie Gui, "Is this the Shangshu who led the team? I will write to your Majesty and let him reward you."

Jie Gui bowed slightly, "No need to be courteous. Are you... the Emperor of Jiyuan?"

Shui Yingchen nodded, "I am Shui Yingchen."

Luo Jin stayed where she was.

Who was this guy? Was he Shui Yingchen?

He didn't even call himself 'I'. What did this smile on his face mean? What sunny and cheerful boy?

Was he Shui Yingchen's twin brother?

Noticing Luo Jin's gaze, Shui Yingchen looked at her and smiled, "What's wrong? Miss had been staring at me. Do you recognize me? I'm embarrassed to say that I was injured and can't remember a large part of my memory."

Luo Jin: "..."

Amnesia?

He actually lost his memory! That ridiculously cliche?

The man who followed him said, "Before, because Old Sixth and Ah Yu disappeared, his Majesty found clues and tracked to Dongyuan. I don't know what happened, but he was suddenly seriously injured and was in a coma for many days. After that, he lost a lot of memory... He only remembers things before the age of fifteen."

Shui Yingchen sighed sadly, "When I woke up, others told me that I’m already twenty-five... It's hard to accept!"


1 comment:

  1. Woops, I did not see this coming. Is this his redemption arc? It better be good then or I will not accept him.

    ReplyDelete