Wednesday 2 October 2024

LPMM 47




 Chapter 47 Find the trace

Luo Jin asked coldly: "Did you kidnap these children?"

Long Ying waved her hands quickly, "No, it's not me... I..."

She laughed it off, "You know that I do things for money. I will do whatever someone pays me to do, right?"

She looked at Jiang Mo with some resentment, "Why do you keep following me? I can't beat you nor can I get rid of you... and how did the door of this secret room open? What a headache..."

Jiang Mo said: "Jie Gui said you aren’t a good person. He said you want to kill Xiao Lian, so I’m following you."

Long Ying smiled bitterly, "I am Xiao Lian's master. Why would I kill her? I want to use my power to help her heal. Jie Gui is wrong. You... don't follow me, okay?"

She turned to Luo Jin again, "You can't take these children away. I can't explain if you take them away."

Then she turned her eyes to the man lying on the ground and looked up at Luo Jin, "You beat him? No way? This man's strength is close to the ninth level..."

Luo Jin stared at Long Ying silently and didn’t answer.

Long Ying suddenly grinned, "I remember you went to the Emperor Gaozu's tomb to get the Red Emperor Gu last time, right? The Princess is still alive. So you must have taken the Red Emperor Gu. Is this Gu on the Crown Prince or on you? I heard that this Red Emperor Gu... is a good thing! "

Her face instantly turned cold. She swung her palm to attack Luo Jin's chest.

Luo Jin stood still. Jiang Mo had already stabbed toward Long Ying's back with a sword. Long Ying had to turn around to avoid it. She stepped back a few steps and jollily said: "Oh, it's a joke, don't be mad."

She shook her head and said: "My principle is to fight if I can beat you, and run if I can't. Although money is important, life is more important. I guess that Official has already mobilized troops? Forget it, consider my mission failed..."

Luo Jin suddenly said: "Is it a mission failure?"

She turned around and looked at the children behind her, "Did this woman only come recently?"

Akui shook her head, "No! She has been here in recent years and is in charge of this place..."

Long Ying's smile faded and she raised her hand at once. A few silver needles flew out of her hand and aimed at Akui's face.

Jiang Mo raised his sword. After a few "ding" sounds, the silver needles fell to the ground.

Luo Jin said slowly: "I guessed right, you... are the mastermind!"

Long Ying laughed again, "How is it possible... old customers. What do these kids know?"

"Let me ask it another way," Luo Jin paused and looked at Long Ying, "Xiao Lian... is she ten years old?"

Long Ying was stunned.

Jiang Mo also froze for a moment and looked at Luo Jin.

Luo Jin uttered slowly: "The fastest person to break through the ninth level in Jiuyuan Continent is Shui Yingchen... This is the setting. It is impossible for any NPC to break this setting casually. If the ten-year-old Xiao Lian is already at the eighth level, she can break this setting, which is absolutely impossible. "

Long Ying: "..."

"I don't understand what you're saying."

Luo Jin uttered word by word: "Then change the question to one you can understand. She... is also a dwarf slave, right?"

Long Ying shook her head quickly, "No, she's so tall. How can she be a dwarf slave? Dwarf slaves can't grow as tall as her. Don't talk nonsense..."

"She had a fever this morning. I heard her calling 'mother' in her dream. According to you, she was abused by her stepmother from a young age. But in her dream, she asked 'mother' for sweet date cakes!" Luo Jin looked at Long Ying, "This doesn't sound like the dream talk of a child who was abused."

"Maybe...maybe she refers to her biological mother?"

"If she lost her biological mother at such a young age, would she still have an impression of her?"

Luo Jin glanced at Jiang Mo, "In this world, whether a person can break through the strongest ninth level depends entirely on personal talent. People with high talent can break through early, while people with low talent will never break through in their lifetime. So talent has the greatest impact on a person's strength. For example, Shui Yingchen broke through at the age of fifteen, and Jiang Mo broke through at the age of seventeen, but most people can only break through to the eighth level at max in their lifetime. So there are only a few ninth-level people in this world. "

"I guess Xiao Lian was an ordinary little girl with a happy family. That was until one day, someone abducted her and sold her to a den for cultivating dwarf slaves. She would have grown up suppressed like all dwarf slaves, but one day, you discovered that she had a strong talent for martial arts. " 

"So you let her out, erased her memory, let her continue to grow, and let her learn martial arts. But she had been in the cage for a long time. Her growth period had long been missed. Even if she was released to grow naturally, she wouldn't grow as tall as an ordinary person. "

"You lied to her and said she was abused and almost died. And that it was you who saved her. So she is grateful to you and listens to you in everything. But she never thought that you were the one who abused her!"

"You left her in the inn and didn't bring her here. Are you afraid that she would be reminded of how she was trapped in the cage?"

"She could have grown up happily in an ordinary family, but you ruined everything for her!"

Long Ying smiled and clapped her hands, "Right! I liked you when I saw you for the first time. As expected of the person I like, smart!"

She sighed and shook her head, "If it isn't for the Red Emperor Gu in your body, I want to erase your memory and let you be my good younger sister! I have already thought of a lie. I will say that the perverted prince Chai Qi took a fancy on you, imprisoned and tortured you, and I saved you. "

Jiang Mo stared at Long Ying coldly and raised the sword in his hand, "I won't let you hurt her at all."

Long Ying spread her hands, "Don't worry, I won't do it today. Anyway, there is a lot of time. We will meet again in the future. I don't want these children. Anyway, they are all defective and can't be sold."

She smiled and took a step back, flying out of the entrance.

"Quickly leave!" Jiang Mo's face abruptly changed, "I heard a sound... This place is going to collapse! "

Luo Jin acknowledged and led the children up the stairs. There were a few children who couldn't run, so Luo Jin and Jiang Mo picked them up and ran out of the underground stone chamber as fast as possible.

As soon as they ran out, they heard a loud "boom. The whole house collapsed, creating a huge hole in the ground.

There was a commotion outside. When Luo Jin walked out, she saw Jie Gui and a group of soldiers surrounding the place.

The children who had walked out of the stone chamber couldn't adapt to the light outside. They closed their eyes and let their eyes adapt slowly.

There were many people outside who came to the pawnshop to pawn things. They were also surrounded by soldiers and couldn't leave for a while.

The huge movement in the yard made people outside peek into the yard.

"Why are there so many children?"

"These children look so strange. Their faces don't look like children at all..."

"Stay away from strange people. Don't get close. ”

……

Jie Gui frowned, "What do you mean by 'strange people'? They are a group of unfortunate people who got harmed... If I hear anyone slandering them again, I will definitely drag them out and beat them with the stick!"

Those who spoke responded in unison, not daring to say anything wrong.

The rescued children were quickly taken away by Jie Gui. After they settled down, a doctor was called in for diagnosis. The man who was in the underground stone chamber was also taken to the government office for treatment. Seeing that Jie Gui was busy, Luo Jin didn’t disturb him and planned to go back to the inn with Jiang Mo to see Xiao Lian.

Before leaving, she asked Jie Gui, "Can you find an animal that can track smell, such as a trained dog?"

Jie Gui said, "I'll go find one."

"Okay."

Xiao Lian's fever subsided a little, but she was still in a coma.

"You said Long Ying wanted to kill her?" Luo Jin asked.

"It is Jie Gui who said that, not me," Jiang Mo said, "After you left in the morning, Jie Gui said that Xiao Lian was a little strange. He took me to check and we saw Long Ying seemed to be about to take action. I took action to stop her. Jie Gui asked me to follow her, so I followed and then I saw you."

Luo Jin couldn't help but smile, "You are obedient."

Jiang Mo tilted his head and looked at Luo Jin, "I know I am not smart, so I listen to whoever is smart. I did whatever the Crown Prince told me to do before. Then I listen to you... You said Jie Gui is smart."

Luo Jin stretched out a finger and gently tapped his forehead, "Who said you aren’t smart? I think you are smart!"

She retracted her gaze and looked at Xiao Lian. "But what happened to Xiao Lian? Why did she suddenly faint? Why did Long Ying want to kill her?"

Jiang Mo solemnly stated: "As long as she is still useful, Long Ying will not kill her. Meaning she is useless... Isn't her martial arts useful? Is her martial arts gone?"

He reached out and grabbed Xiao Lian's wrist, closed his eyes for a while, and suddenly opened his eyes, "Her martial arts... is below the seventh level. Strange, how can someone suddenly drop in level? What did she do?"

When he said this, Luo Jin suddenly remembered, "She slept with me for a night!"

Jiang Mo was stunned, "Did you... beat her at night?"

Luo Jin: "..."

"How is it possible, I mean..."

She pointed to her head.

"Red Emperor Gu!" Jiang Mo suddenly thought of it, "Your Red Emperor Gu affected her... But she is a human, not a bug! Could it be that she..."

Luo Jin closed her eyes and put her hand on Xiao Lian's back. After a while, she opened her eyes, "There is a dead Gu insect in her brain!"

She sat on the bed, feeling weak.

She could only lure out the living Gu insects. There was no way to deal with the dead ones.

Xiao Lian was in close contact with her all night last night. Her Red Emperor Gu affected the Gu in Xiao Lian's brain and killed it.

Xiao Lian had a fever because the Gu died. Her body couldn't remove it from her brain.

Jiang Mo himself had been trapped by a Gu insect for five years. He understood this feeling best.

He was silent for a long while, "What kind of Gu is this? What's its use? Could this be the source of Xiao Lian's power?"

"It's possible," Luo Jin nodded, "Speaking of power... I met a strange person today. His strength had almost reached the ninth level, but he is just a small guard. If he is the same as Xiao Lian..."

She stood up, "I'm going to the government office! You help me guard Xiao Lian."

"Leave it to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment