Friday, 11 September 2026

WHM 34






Chapter 34


When she arrived home, Gu Shi was already waiting for her.

When he saw the mother and son return, he strolled over, took her injured wrist and looked at it. She had already removed the bandage, and the wound had scabbed over, so it was indeed not a big problem.

After examining her arm, he started lecturing her: "You always rush headlong into everything!"

Luo Zhengzheng disagreed with him: "Are we just going to stand by and watch someone get hit by a pole?"

Gu Shi knew she might not listen to him, but he still chided, "Be more careful next time. You hurt yourself by being so reckless."

Luo Zhengzheng knew he meant well and she wasn't the kind of person who wouldn't appreciate kindness, so she said, "Okay."

Seeing that her attitude was acceptable, Gu Shi said with satisfaction, "Let's go eat."

When they arrived at the main house, Gu Boyuan and Ye Li both asked about her wrist with concern. They were relieved to hear that she was alright.

Gu Xian said sarcastically, "You had to invest in TV dramas! Now you're reaping the consequences, aren't you?"

Just as Luo Zhengzheng was about to sarcastically refute him, Gu Shi said calmly, "Second Elder Brother, a man who talks too much is annoying."

Luo Zhengzheng couldn't help but smirk when she saw Gu Xian's flushed face.

Seeing that Gu Shi had spoken, Gu Ming, unusually, reprimanded his younger brother: "Can't you tell what you should and shouldn't say? You're a grown man, can't you discern?"

Fourth younger sister-in-law was injured and he was gloating over it. He deserved to be scolded.

Gu Boyuan glanced at Gu Xian: "I don't think anyone spoils him, so why does he never grow up?"

Gu Xian: "......"

He realized that he was the most disliked person in the family.

As they left their parents' villa, Gu Shi carried his son on one arm, while Luo Zhengzheng held his other arm.

Gu Shi glanced at her: "Why are you hugging me so tightly?"

Luo Zhengzheng glanced at him and praised with a smile, "You look really handsome today. Didn't you see how ugly Second Elder Brother's face was after you said that? He didn't expect you to say that to him, did he?"

Little Jiajia looked at his dad and then at his mom: "Daddy, hug Mommy."

Luo Zhengzheng pinched his nose, trying to tease him: "It’s me who’s hugging your daddy..."

Gu Shi looked at her and she immediately changed her words: "Your daddy's arm."

Luo Zhengzheng tugged at his arm: "I feel sorry for Second Elder Brother now. Look, second elder sister-in-law goes out to film and doesn't care about him at all. I heard from second elder sister-in-law that he calls her every day, but she doesn't answer. What do you think he's after?"

Gu Shi looked at her with amusement: "If your tone hadn't been so gloating, I might have believed you felt sorry for him more."

Luo Zhengzheng raised an eyebrow: "Of course, there's always a reason why pitiful people have hateful points. He deserved it."

Gu Shi squeezed her hand, signaling her to stop.

Luo Zhengzheng grabbed his hand: "That's why I said you were so handsome today. You shot him down with just one sentence."

Gu Shi glanced at her sideways: "When husband is useful, husband is handsome. When he's not useful, you forget about him. You don't even call him when he’s on a business trip. I don't even know who you're talking to."

Luo Zhengzheng looked guilty.

Gu Shi continued, "If I didn't get you to come back today, even if you hear I'm back from my business trip, you still won't come back."

Luo Zhengzheng shook off his arm and said, "Why didn't you tell me you were coming back today? If you had told me earlier, I wouldn't have gone to the film studio to visit the set."

Gu Shi looked down at her: "So it's my fault?"

Luo Zhengzheng looked up at him: "Of course it's your fault."

Little Chengjia hugged his daddy's neck and said, "It's Daddy's fault."

Gu Shi wiggled his little bottom: "You brat."

Little Chengjia giggled.

When they got home, Luo Zhengzheng asked her son, "Is Dad better, or Mom better?"

Little Chengjia may be young, but he was very clever and naturally wouldn't fall for it: "Mom and Dad are both better."

Gu Shi laughed lightly, instantly brightening the room: "You're truly dad’s good son."

Little Chengjia hugged his dad and grinned, saying, "Good dad."

Luo Zhengzheng glanced at Gu Shi with envy. What a good son and a good father! They were truly a perfect pair. She said to her son, "It's time to wash up and go to bed."

Little Chengjia hadn't seen his dad for many days and was reluctant to let go. He hugged his dad's neck, saying, "I won't take a bath, I won't sleep."

Luo Zhengzheng glanced at them. "If you're not going to bathe, I'm going upstairs to bathe. You two good father and son can play downstairs. I won't disturb you."

Gu Shi glanced at Luo Zhengzheng's retreating figure, hugged his son, and asked, "What should we do? Is Mom ignoring us?"

Little Chengjia tilted his head: "Mom ignoring, look for Mom."

Gu Shi carried his son upstairs and said, "Okay, let's find Mom."

When they got upstairs, Luo Zhengzheng had already gone to the bathroom. Gu Shi glanced at the bathroom door and said, "Mom's taking a shower."

He took off his son's shoes and put him on their bed. Then he leaned against the bed and played with his son, holding a toy car.

Luo Zhengzheng came out of the bathroom, saw her son on the bed, and frowned: "This kid is not getting sleepy today?"

Gu Shi glanced at her: "Even a son knows he misses his dad."

Luo Zhengzheng, of course, understood what he meant and immediately replied, "That means your son is filial and likes you as his father. He naturally misses you after not seeing you for a few days."

Gu Shi glanced at her and remained silent.

Luo Zhengzheng noticed the loophole in her words and fell silent.

Although Jiajia missed his dad, his biological clock kicked in. Soon his eyes started to droop as he wanted to sleep.

Gu Shi could only send him downstairs, let Nanny Wang help him wash up, and then let him go to sleep.

After going upstairs, he glanced at someone and saw that she was looking at her phone. He took his pajamas and went to the bathroom to take a shower.

When he came out of the bathroom, Luo Zhengzheng was still looking at her phone. Although the weather was cold, the room was heated and she was still wearing short-sleeved pajamas.

Gu Shi dried his hair, got into bed, and suddenly noticed a bruise on her arm. He pulled her arm up and asked, "What happened?"

Luo Zhengzheng touched her arm, unconcerned: "I got hit by a pole today."

Gu Shi stroked the bruise: "Why didn't you tell me when you came back? Did it hurt?"

Luo Zhengzheng glanced at her arm: "It hurt a lot back then, but it doesn't hurt much now. Luckily, I used to climb a lot when I was little, and I still exercise regularly and can run fast, otherwise Han Yue's head would definitely have been pierced."

Gu Shi patted her head: "You don't even care about your own health, yet you have the mind to worry about others."

Luo Zhengzheng refused to admit it: "I take care of my skin every day, exercise regularly, and don't stay up late. I'm much better than you."

Gu Shi glared at her. Was this the same thing?

He took the phone from her hand: "Don't stay up late, but you still look at your phone before bed?"

Luo Zhengzheng: "......"

She was just getting to the exciting part.

Gu Shi pretended not to see her complaint, placed her phone on the bedside table, and looked at her: "Want to talk?"

Luo Zhengzheng smiled at him and asked, "Talking about what?"

Gu Shi leaned against the bed: "Let's talk about your TV series."

"What's there to talk about?" Luo Zhengzheng looked at him warily.

Seeing her wary expression, Gu Shi couldn't help but sigh, "You can invest in making TV dramas, but there's no need to be so concerned about everything. Just leave it to the professionals."

Luo Zhengzheng looked at him: "Are you saying this because I injured my wrist today? There's absolutely no need for that. There are so many women going out to work and which one doesn’t suffer hardship and feel exhausted. I only have a minor injury, so why should I give up? When I went back in the summer, do you know what my younger cousin sister said about me?"

Gu Shi knew he couldn't dissuade her: "Of course, I'm just giving you advice."

Upon hearing this, Luo Zhengzheng said slowly, "My younger cousin sister said that I have graduated from college and just staying at home doing nothing. Isn't that a waste of the college education? I think she has a point. If I'm not going to look for a job, I have to find something I'm interested in doing. Otherwise, wouldn't a lazy bum like me be unworthy of a CEO like you?"

Gu Shi suspected that her last sentence was flattery, an attempt to please him, to move him, and to get him to comply with her.

Seeing that he didn't speak, Luo Zhengzheng continued, "You wouldn't want people to see me as just Gu Shi's wife and nothing else. That would make you seem so short-sighted, marrying a wife who can't do anything but spend money. If the TV series I invest in becomes a hit and makes money, then when people see me, they'll definitely say, 'Look, this is Gu Shi's wife. She's a very insightful investor.' Doesn't that sound much better?"

Gu Shi tossed her five words: "You're a silver-tongued woman. You should go work in Ye Group's sales department. Since you can persuade me, you can definitely persuade customers too."

"..." Luo Zhengzheng didn't bother arguing with him, and instead said, "Look, you said my words persuaded you? Doesn't that mean what I said was right?"

What else could Gu Shi say? He pulled the light switch and held her as they slept.

Ever since Su Mengrou learned that Luo Zhengzheng had invested in adapting the novel "Home and Country", she wanted to come and talk to Luo Zhengzheng, but Wang Maoxiu was too busy and hadn't had time to come.

Finally, when he had a little free time, he naturally took her to visit the Gu Family.

Wang Maoxiu felt helpless with her. If she wanted to find Luo Zhengzheng, why didn't she just contact her directly? Why did she have to drag him along?

Su Mengrou was shy and embarrassed to come to the house alone. Maybe she'll get used to it if she comes a few more times.

So he contacted Zhou Chen and Chen Ze, and they all came to the Gu family's house over the weekend.

After Chen Ze arrived at the Gu family's house, he asked Luo Zhengzheng, "Is the injury on your hand better?"

Luo Zhengzheng smiled and said, "It's fine a long time ago."

Chen Ze was relieved: "If it’s not, I'll feel guilty."

Luo Zhengzheng looked at him and said with amusement, "What does it have to do with you?"

Chen Ze glanced at Gu Shi and whispered to her, "Actually, Han Yue is currently my girlfriend. You saved my girlfriend, so I should thank you."

Luo Zhengzheng was surprised that Han Yue was Chen Ze's girlfriend. However, considering that Chen Ze had never married in his previous life and had never revealed that he had a girlfriend, she was no longer surprised. She said, "Although she is your girlfriend, you are not married, so you shouldn't be thanking on her behalf. Besides, she is an actress in my TV series. I can't just watch her get hurt on my set."

She didn't have a good impression of Han Yue. Even though she had saved Han Yue on her own set, she should at least say thank you. Since she pretended nothing happened, she naturally wouldn't help her cover it up.

Gu Shi glanced at Luo Zhengzheng, curled his lips, and said nothing.

Chen Ze glanced at Gu Shi and then looked at Luo Zhengzheng: "From what you're saying, you saved her, and she didn't thank you?"

Luo Zhengzheng smiled slightly and said seriously, "It's okay, I just did it on a whim. There's no need to take it too seriously."

"Damn it!" Chen Ze cursed under his breath before looking at Gu Shi and said with a wry smile, "My taste in women is getting worse and worse."

Gu Shi poked him in the sore spot: "You shouldn't have found a girlfriend at your own company."

Chen Ze: "......"

Wang Maoxiu and Zhou Chen also agreed. Wang Maoxiu looked at him with a gloating expression: "How many is this now? You might as well ask Uncle Chen to introduce you to someone in the army."

Gu Shi said expressionlessly, "Don't harm people."

Chen Ze: "...Fourth Gu, are you deliberately hitting my sore spots today?"

Zhou Chen cut to the chase: "That good girlfriend you found caused Luo Zhengzheng to injure her wrist. Do you think he'll let you off?"

Chen Ze cursed under his breath, thinking, "They're all wives but no brothers in their eyes."

No comments:

Post a Comment