Saturday 1 April 2023

7DLW 4.2




"Song Wei Ping, why are you walking so fast all of a sudden?" Xu Xiao Jiao looked at the man who stepped up his pace. She reached out to grab his clothes, "Why do you look so angry? Tsk, so petty. I don't need your help. Fine, I’ll do my own work."

Hmph, even if he didn't want to do it, she will have plenty of ways to make him do it in the future.

Song Wei Ping paused. Somewhat annoyed, he took a deep breath in and resumed his original expressionless face, "I'll help you."

This was more like it.

"Then you agreed to what I said. Treat me with a better attitude in the future. When there is no one around, you can do whatever you want. In front of others, you must behave well." Xu Xiao Jiao took the opportunity to make requests.

"Okay."

"Also, since you have decided to match and marry, I must be special to you. If other girls express good feelings, you must refuse. Of course, I will do the same."

"Okay."

"The two of us are going to get married. Now we share misfortune and share the bliss together in the future. I will be filial to Grandmother for you. I will be your caring and good wife in front of people. Behind people’s backs, I will not trouble you in the future. You probably won’t do something like earning and hiding money and not give it to me to spend." “Will give to you to spend."

En, the start was great. Xu Xiao Jiao nodded in satisfaction and gave him a good person tag. "Song Wei Ping, you are so kind."

When packing up in the dorm room, Xu Xiao Jiao felt that it was good that Song Wei Ping came. Except for her own clothes, she didn't have to do anything during the whole process. She only moved her lips and Song Wei Ping tidied it up neatly for her.

"Thank you so much. Come to my house tomorrow and I’ll treat you to a big meal." Xu Xiao Jiao looked at Song Wei Ping who was carrying a big bag and decided to thank him, "About accompanying me to the town tomorrow, you remember? Will you go to work tomorrow? "

Song Wei Ping shook his head, "Branch Secretary had approved this for me. Later, I'll just go talk to Branch Leader."

Now that it was farming slack, there wasn’t much work in the production team. He asked for leave and occupied less work points. The production team members wouldn’t be dissatisfied. Besides, he didn't rely on work points in the first place. Except for the busy farming season, he often asked for leave.

Xu Xiao Jiao remembered that Song Wei Ping should have some connections in the town.

"Do you know many people in the town?"

Song Wei Ping hummed in acknowledgement, "I work as a temporary worker in the town's transportation team. Sometimes, I deliver goods with them in the town."

Xu Xiao Jiao recalled it. In the novel, Song Wei Ping first made his fortune by relying on north-south transportation and resold some things. It seemed that the source was here.

"That's good. Properly work."

Song Wei Ping pursed his lips, "I, I want to trouble you with something."

Waiting for a long time but didn't see him say anything, Xu Xiao Jiao asked him, "Hey, why are you being shy. If there’s something, speak. I wasn't reserved with you. So you shouldn't be polite to me either."

Song Wei Ping turned to look at her and began, "I want to borrow some books from you."

When he was packing up things earlier, Song Wei Ping saw that she had half a box of books and were placed neatly upright. When he was unloading the goods in the transport team, he heard those people commenting that being more literate had its benefits. People outside were quick at calculation and had good brains. He had been looking for some books to read.

Xu Xiao Jiao nodded, "Alright. It’s good that you want to study. No need to be meek about mentioning it. What level are you now? Have you graduated from primary school?"

Song Wei Ping glanced at her and turned his head back, "No."

His father died early and the family had no money. He only attended a few days of school.

Xu Xiao Jiao had some understanding of the education level of this era. After some contemplation, "En, let's learn some primary school knowledge first. I happened to bring a few primary school literacy textbooks. I'll give them to you tomorrow. If you don't understand anything, find me, and I will explain to you."

There was no ridicule or looking down upon him. Song Wei Ping vigorously squeezed the strap of the handbag vigorously, "En."

The two walked slowly. Although Xu Xiao Jiao did most of the talking and Song Wei Ping didn't talk much, the atmosphere between the two was good. When they arrived at Wu Chun Hua's house, Chen Hao Mei and the others had already left.

Xu Xiao Jiao stretched her head to look at the three small but clean earthen houses. The layout was similar to that of Song Wei Ping's house. Also nothing but bare walls. One can imagine how much Xu Yan Yan can’t wait for tomorrow.

Wu Chun Hua stood at the door awkwardly, "Ping boy, troubled you to send Xiao Jiao here. Come in and drink some water."

Song Wei put the bag in the West Room. The room was a little messy. It could be seen that it was initially Xu Yan Yan's residence. He got up and replied, "Auntie Wu, I'm not thirsty. I still have to go to work. I'll be leaving first."

He looked at Xu Xiao Jiao, "I'll pick you up tomorrow."

He stepped out in two or three steps.

Thinking how this would be Xu Xiao Jiao's sleeping and resting place in the future, he felt that it would be bad to stay any longer.

"Hey, wait a minute," Xu Xiao Jiao halted him and took out two pieces of milk candy from the backpack she was carrying, "Here, for you."

Previous



Links:

Table of Content
Become a Patron!
Feed Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment